SportsWrath

2016 Draft Day Thread.

Lughead

They are definitely going to do something in the next free agency period or trade for a tackle, maybe Anthony Davis. They simply can't go into 2016 with Newhouse at RT. However, we knew that they didn't have enough picks to address every hole on the roster, and they've done a good job of adding talent to both sides of the ball.

I remember back in 2003 thinking the Giants couldn't start their season with Ian Allen at Right Tackle

I think they really wanted Conklin, but Tunsil messed that up. Ravens were very high on Tunsil and I think still almost went through with picking him despite the video, they had a PR nightmare with Ray Rice though so they decided no and went Stanley. Titans maybe trade up for Stanley instead of Conklin and Conklin ends up with the Giants if Tunsil didn't screw up

I think the Titans wanted Conklin the whole time, even before the video leak, and wouldn't have been surprised if Conklin was the choice regardless of the video. I read that there was already some whispers about Tunsil in terms of the off-field red flags.

I remember back in 2003 thinking the Giants couldn't start their season with Ian Allen at Right Tackle

I think analysts were giving them Jon Stinchcomb in that draft and they took William Joseph instead. Kwame Harris went the pick after Joseph and Stinchcomb ended up lasting until the 2nd round

I think the Titans wanted Conklin the whole time, even before the video leak, and wouldn't have been surprised if Conklin was the choice regardless of the video. I read that there was already some whispers about Tunsil in terms of the off-field red flags.

Even if Titans come up for Conklin, Stanley makes it to the Giants if Ravens drafted Tunsil

I'm excited about the Perkins pick and was happy and hell when we took him. I get the "College is different from the NFL" thing, but being a UCLA fan I got to see him go quite a bit and he was brutal to the defense. He is arguably the best RB on the roster right now.

Bigblue25... In your defense, Braunecker MURDERED the combine. Only 6'3" 250, but that's not far off from Sandland's 6'4" 253. Sandland was offered at Miami, though, and chose to go play close to home. I can get on board with either guy, but I love me some Beau Sandland.

Even if Titans come up for Conklin, Stanley makes it to the Giants if Ravens drafted Tunsil

...or we could've just drafted Tunsil and quit being conservative bitches. Fuck, Jerry Jones of all assholes learned his lesson, why can't we?

Bigblue25... In your defense, Braunecker MURDERED the combine. Only 6'3" 250, but that's not far off from Sandland's 6'4" 253. Sandland was offered at Miami, though, and chose to go play close to home. I can get on board with either guy, but I love me some Beau Sandland.

You know they were both top performers in like every drill.

I think analysts were giving them Jon Stinchcomb in that draft and they took William Joseph instead. Kwame Harris went the pick after Joseph and Stinchcomb ended up lasting until the 2nd round

So you are also looking forward to another season with Marshall Newhouse starting?

...or we could've just drafted Tunsil and quit being conservative bitches. Fuck, Jerry Jones of all assholes learned his lesson, why can't we?

This. They also probably used the we don't want to move Flowers justification against Tunsil. Tunsil is going to be hall of famer

At least Tunsil didn't drop out of the first round so we don't look entirely like conservative bitches

Well, it was a Tight End... that I'm happy about because they picked where the positional value was at... this was Mayock's 2nd ranked Tight End in this class if you believe it (I don't).

TIGHT END

1. Hunter Henry, Arkansas
2. Jerrell Adams, South Carolina (Up 1)
3. Austin Hooper, Stanford (Down 1)
4. Nick Vannett, Ohio State
5. Beau Sandland, Montana State