SportsWrath

2016 Draft Day Thread.

Lughead

Wait.... I just realized we have Odiggyziggy and Unga Bunga (lol at Booyah for that one).... Oh and a one handed DE.

Huge sigh of relief, forgot how good we were on defense....was thinking about some other defense.

Bring on the Cowboys!

Reality.com

Dude.

???? Who am I talking to, a 9th grade kid who wears his pants down below his ass, is failing class, and who thinks it's cool to respond to an adult with "dude".

If you disagree, posit a thought out response. If you have some inside information that proves that Apple/Shepard/Thompson is not good, or isn't going to be good, then speak up like a man.

I don't like to waste time with children who think calling a man "dude" is some kind of appropriate response.

???? Who am I talking to, a 9th grade kid who wears his pants down below his ass, is failing class, and who thinks it's cool to respond to an adult with "dude".

If you disagree, posit a thought out response. If you have some inside information that proves that Apple/Shepard/Thompson is not good, or isn't going to be good, then speak up like a man.

I don't like to waste time with children who think calling a man "dude" is some kind of appropriate response.

I'm sorry. Ever since we passed on Ragland I've been in a bad place.

He was a 4.54 guy at his pro day... word is he got food poisoning and gutted the combine out. Even if you adjust for a little quick pro day times, 4.59-4.60 is not bad for a safety. But you are right that he isn't overly athletic. Apparently the Giants felt he has the right mentality, likes to hit.

However, back to SImmons, he was also a lot more athletic than Thompson as well. I don't understand the pick and probably won't, hopefully in time Thompson will show everyone he is a great player.

I would of rather had Simmons too. Being a BC guy I'm surprised they passed

People act like Apple was a must-draft at 10. I disagree.

I am looking at this from a 2016 perspective. The Cowboys picked up the best RB in college to run behind the best line in football. We went 0-3 in addressing the front 7. At the same time, LBs and DEs were flying off the shelf, going to teams who had much better defenses to begin with. My head was spinning.

I am thinking of December, playoffs on the line, terrible weather conditions, and wondering which team wins in the 4th quarter. Not a happy scenario if you are a Giants fan.

To be fair I think a lot of people expect the Giants to make a playoff push.

Honestly we are a team that has missed the playoffs four years in a row, with a new HC, OC and a DC who has been spotty at best.

We have a team full of glaring holes.

It's not a one year process, it's gonna take multiple years before the Giants are back to the playoffs.

And that's not the cynic in me, it's a simple reality that JR/Whoever hasn't built a playoff caliber team and it wont be fixed in a off season.

Look... I'm not discounting what the FO did in the off-season landing a top DE a top CB and imo a top MLB...

And some of you like Kennard but to me it's been more potential than actual....

I advocated trading up in the 2nd to get Jack and some you objected as though the probability of 5th or 6th rounders panning out is more likely than not...

Over the course of less than an hour someone gets Dude'd, and then the arab muslim disses Kennard?

If anything is going to bring Bleedin back, this is it.

It wasn't a diss to Kennard... Where's he ranked among NFL LBers?

I value your opinion, pdub. Please don't leave the boards! We'll change all "dudes" to "Lewbowskis" if we have to.

108 tackles last year. By the way, this is Sy'56's 3rd highest rated linebacker in this class, behind Jack and Floyd. Here's his write up on him:

Fifth year senior. Was a backup and special teamer for 2-plus years, with only one and half season of starting experience. Goodson is an interior enforcer that can play equally tough against blockers and ball carriers. His stoutness and short area power make him a tough assignment for any blocker and his ability to finish plays can be an asset to a defense looking for run defending help. Goodson lacks the ideal athleticism for every down duty, but he has shown to be at least competent in zone coverage and has enough range to play at least two downs in the NFL.

*I saw a ton of Goodson in 2015 and #44 kept popping on to the screen. There were so many players on that defense that I was scouting and time after time Goodson was right in the middle of the action. After further review I almost had him as a 1st rounder. Goodson is thick but fast and quick-twitched. He has all the power you want and maintains it on the move. Goodson moves well enough in coverage to possibly stay on the field for three downs. He is smart and reliable, rarely misses tackles. I don’t see superstar here and he can get overwhelmed in traffic, but Goodson is a guy that simply brings it play after play, week after week. I think he can be a 100+ tackle guy year in, year out.