SportsWrath

2016 Draft Day Thread.

Lughead

Because the gold chains apparently weren't enough of a dead give away.

Dude even looks like a shit head.

Pass.

That jumped out to me too. I know a lot of players smoke weed and get money in school but he just seems like a knucklehead

What I want to know is what offer Reese turned down, because apparently we were fielding offers and Reese "didn't like the offer he received".

The 11th pick and a fourth rounder, in my opinion, should not have been enough to let the Bears take the 9th pick. I thought the Bucs were far too lenient there. The Bears would be giving up their 2nd if it were me.

It's only 2 spots they moved up... I think for the Bucs, they felt that a 4th rounder was pretty decent to move back just behind the Giants, especially if they weren't interested in Floyd. You have to believe they knew that's who the Bears were after.

The 11th pick and a fourth rounder, in my opinion, should not have been enough to let the Bears take the 9th pick. I thought the Bucs were far too lenient there. The Bears would be giving up their 2nd if it were me.

They weren't losing anything... it's like they had Heargreaves and Apple rated the same...

I guess, but I'm more of the mind of supply and demand, in that case. If I'm the Bucs and I know the Bears are scared Floyd will be gone, I'm asking for more than a 4th...

Who knows, maybe the Bears weren't going to pull the trigger if anything more than a 4th round pick was the compensation. That's probably the case, I guess.

He was somewhere between #14 to #25 on a lot of mocks, so it's not that much of a reach if they really liked him.

Yeah I find myself shaking my head when people look at that and figure we could moved around and gained a few more draft picks and get Apple. To me it is only a reach if the player fails to meet expectations especially when you consider other players available at the time. I trust the judgement of the team when the selected Apple and looking forward to seeing him out on the field this season.

This is a great pick. He is an unbelievable route runner with one of the highest floors. My only question is can he play outside.... that's where we need the help. But one of the highest floors in the draft is Sterling Shepard. This guy is going to be a phenomenal player. I hope that Geremy Davis and/or Anthony Dable can be the big red zone target we need on the outside, though. I don't think we will see another WR taken by the Giants in this draft, but it's possible. However, we did get one of the best.

I guess. You guys would know better than me. It just seems to me that considering our losses last year were by so little, the offense isn't the problem. They can score points. They can't keep opponents from scoring though. One would think they would invest heavily in the future of the defense through the draft.

Whatever......as long as we put up "W"s. Go Gmen!