SportsWrath

*Official* Mock Draft Competition thread 2016

Allstarjim

Could I suggest an alternate scoring system? No? Too late? Fuck you, I'm suggesting it anyway:

Points for each pick = 10 - (difference between Actual draft position and Predicted draft position).

So correct picks = 10 points and you lose a point for each place you're off. You could make the deductions stop at 0 points...or let it run into negatives to be really nasty.

I can compromise... the 2 pts for picking the player in the first round gives you credit for at least getting the player in the round, if not the right spot. But what we could do is 1 point for 1 draft position off, and a half point for 2 off. 3 spots away gets you nothing. What do you think about that? And fix your mock.

Bah, too complicated for scoring. I want to add them quick.

You can re-score them however you want because you'll have access to the spreadsheet, too.

I can compromise... the 2 pts for picking the player in the first round gives you credit for at least getting the player in the round, if not the right spot. But what we could do is 1 point for 1 draft position off, and a half point for 2 off. 3 spots away gets you nothing. What do you think about that? And fix your mock.

Decker's just that good....

Great, thanks Tree. McShay's would be good, too. Just sayin'.

Here is the link to the Google spreadsheet... you are encouraged to check yours for accuracy, but I'll be really surprised if I made any mistakes. Still working on adding other analysts.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1wILIWK8vLH0X1JwMPwKRulhBnvdY0QojX8gqRD7QM40/edit?usp=sharing

Great, thanks Tree. McShay's would be good, too. Just sayin'.

Here is the link to the Google spreadsheet... you are encouraged to check yours for accuracy, but I'll be really surprised if I made any mistakes. Still working on adding other analysts.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1wILIWK8vLH0X1JwMPwKRulhBnvdY0QojX8gqRD7QM40/edit?usp=sharing

Nvm, I have McShay's.

Oh man am I ever gonna look smart when the Rams pick Wentz. :unsure:

You really will... Talk about against the grain!

You mean the guys who are wrong 93% of the time?

We need to be better than guys that make tons of money to do this... it'll feel good when we crush Kiper's (or as Bleedin' likes to say, Kipper's) mock.

I can tell you that I only mocked 3 players at the correct spot to the correct team...and that includes the top 2 overall. I may get a point or two for giving Hargreaves to the Buccs, but at their original spot.

The Chargers taking Bosa fucked everything up. That was a big head scratcher, are they thinking he'll be a 3-4 OLB?