SportsWrath

Draft junkies... opinion on this scenario

Allstarjim

I like Prosise too but not in the third round... I've got them somewhere like this:

Elliott

Henry

Booker

Dixon

Jonathan Williams

Alex Collins

Paul Perkins

Prosise

Jordan Howard

And I'm not sure I shouldn't be flipping Prosise and Howard. For me, 5th round is the ideal spot for them to go RB. 4th if the pool is getting thin by the end of the third.

I was more interested in Prosise as a safety than a RB...and moving him to safety would really be the primary reason I'd draft him at all given we seem a little short at that spot...

And that's a crazy amount of work, man!

It's only a matter of matching up players to holes teams have. I used two sites that documented team needs vs. another site that ranks prospects. I know not everyone drafts for need, but as has been discussed ad nauseum, teams aren't drafting a RB if they have a star RB on the roster already, have a need at OT, and there's an OT ranked 3 or 4 spots below where they're selecting in the draft. So need definitely plays into selections...it has to...but to what degree is highly debatable.

I did finish it just this morning. Giants ended up with:

LB Darren Lee

G Joshua Garnett

RB/S CJ Prosise -- though if he were unable or unwilling to play at safety, I'd have gone with Carl Nassib instead.

I have

1. Darron Lee LB Ohio St

2. Tyler Boyd WR Pitt

3. Jerald Hawkins OT LSU

4. Deandre Houston-Carson FS William & Mary

5. Tavon Young CB Temple

6. Josh Ferguson RB Illinois

For schematic fit purposes I go Lee over Floyd. Would of liked a DE they have Wynn and Owa has rotational guys and they went get better than that in the later rounds