SportsWrath

Jerry Reese proves once again that he's clueless.

Sephiroth

This, so this. I'm not sure what the plan was but apparently it was old Redskin 101 of blowing the wad in day one and then take a nap.

Yeah, this is what I meant. It has been shown that stretching before exercise actually weakens you. No offence to Nas but I am very against bro science. Just because you or your buddy has done it for a decade doesn't make it the correct method. Shit, I still see many gym rats squatting with the barbell on their neck which is very wrong.

http://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2014/08/stretching-before-exercise-is-overrated/376089/

http://breakingmuscle.com/mobility-recovery/two-new-studies-on-static-stretching-are-completely-conflicting

And many more than I care to cite.

We know what's is wrong.. shit being a fucking gym rat is annoying but hey.. to each his own.

From an interview with Hankins, about the new weights room:

The most noticeable difference to the players was in the weight room, especially considering the first two weeks of the offseason workout program are limited to strength and conditioning and physical rehabilitation.

“I was kind of taken away when I went in there,” Hankins said of the room that is now run by strength and conditioning coach Aaron Wellman. “I was like, ‘This is totally different.’ But they brought in a lot of new equipment. A lot of college teams have been doing it, so it’s only best and only right to upgrade the weight room and provide the best.”

Last time my wife and I went, we spent close to 700-800.

lower level tickets I think she paid close to 500 o 600 for both. Parking pass of 20 or 30 bucks. Hotel room of 150 or so. Gas/food/drinks, another 150 bucks.

NEVER would I buy beer in the stadium...you just have to pound enough in the parking lot beforehand...you can let it wear off during the game...have one or two post-game beers in the lot after the game before driving out.

Yeah we spent 900 on tickets and then with parking food and beer it was like 1100. I told her I hoped she enjoyed her one giant game cuz the only other times I used to go were when the late owner of my company used to give me his baller tickets but those are all gone

Yeah we spent 900 on tickets and then with parking food and beer it was like 1100. I told her I hoped she enjoyed her one giant game cuz the only other times I used to go were when the late owner of my company used to give me his baller tickets but those are all gone

That's some fine fucking work the Maras have done, huh? Thirty year waiting list to a 60% capacity stadium.

I pay 3 dollars for craft beer at renegades games and after that i am drinking water, when the one beer starts costing the same as a twelve pack, then fuck it.

You cant charge more then 3 dollars when your that close to Newburgh

Followed up by Ed's comments on it:

Listen, the reality of it is this ranking is really sort of silly. It’s a reflection less of Reese than it is about how after three straight losing years the Giants aren’t viewed in the same light as an organization

It's accurate as far as I can see. And I think when you combine his personality with his track record, it's worse.

I don't know where to pin the blame for all the injuries. I think a great deal of it is bad luck, but I believe that the team's strength and conditioning program failed. I don't know how much of that should be tagged on Coughlin, for keeping the same staff and structure in place....or maybe that is a front office call, I honestly don't know.

But, Reese has drafted guys more for their combine highlights than their ability to play football, and their toughness/durability. I've lost track of how many college guys with injury histories were selected, in the hope that somehow, going from college to the most injury-prone team in the NFL would somehow change that track record.

It's accurate as far as I can see. And I think when you combine his personality with his track record, it's worse.

I don't know where to pin the blame for all the injuries. I think a great deal of it is bad luck, but I believe that the team's strength and conditioning program failed. I don't know how much of that should be tagged on Coughlin, for keeping the same staff and structure in place....or maybe that is a front office call, I honestly don't know.

But, Reese has drafted guys more for their combine highlights than their ability to play football, and their toughness/durability. I've lost track of how many college guys with injury histories were selected, in the hope that somehow, going from college to the most injury-prone team in the NFL would somehow change that track record.

Injuries were a problem under Fassel as well. Everything was changed when Coughlin took over. Injuries continued under Coughlin. So if it is not the coach or the staff or the equipment then it is the players. Giants have drafted guys with clean medical histories as well as guys that suffered injuries in college. Every single team in the NFL does the exact same thing when it comes to player medical histories.

I'm guessing this season we are going to have fewer injuries because the pressure/stress is off the team. Nobody is expecting a playoff run for a rookie head coach while you demand it from a veteran.

Tree I have him as a third rounder. Sure, there may be some team that is so enamored with his ability with him that they will burn a 2nd round pick on him and wait, but let's face it... he's damaged goods and there's no guarantee he'll ever get back to what he was, and if he does, how susceptible that knee will be to being re-injured and it being a career-ender.

If I'm the Giants, he's probably not even on my draft board at all, and I know a lot of people will think that's ridiculous but I don't care. Hakeem Nicks, Steve Smith, and Kenny Phillips were great players too, once.

So I think that's where one team will likely take the chance, in the third round, but even there I think it's a mistake. I suppose a late 5th, or 6th round choice wouldn't be as cost prohibitive.