SportsWrath

Jerry Reese proves once again that he's clueless.

Sephiroth

I hope you're right Nas but I'm not holding my breath. Didn't Robinson lose his job last year?

The biggest problem with a weak LB corps... and I haven't really been clear about this... is that your MLB is usually the "quarterback of the defense." He gets guys lined up, he calls the defensive audibles, etc. We haven't really had one of those since Pierce, though Blackburn was at least serviceable.

I'm not discounting how atrocious we've been at LB.... not one bit. Those decisions were not made by Reese alone as the coaching staff had input in personnel. For whatever reason we've sucked at drafting LBs... even when we tried to draft one, he didn't pan out... So we've kindda been going after other teams' cast offs who were supposed to be good but weren't... those mostly didn't pan out and one who did was oft injured (Beason)... I believe Robinson is very very good... and he really doesn't have an injury "history" in the sense of a repeat offender... Robinson was a back up in Washington... that's because the skins have a better LB corp than us... he strikes me to have a similar situation than that TE we got from Dallas (The black unicorn)... he was pretty good but was a back up to Witten.

And I believe the Giants will go aggressively after a LB this draft... This draft is pretty hard to predict. Personally I want Jack... starts at the WILL but eventually moves to MLB... but even if he stays at WILL, we have Kennard and Robinson to man the middle... now if Jack doesn't fall to us... then there are options like Floyd although I'm the only one here who thinks he may be available at 40... and I'd rather have a pure LB in the prototype of 6' 1" (ish).. not 6 6"...

I want a LB in the 1st round... so much so that if Jack isn't available, we should explore trading down a few spots and still be able to pick up a 1st round talent who maybe too expensive at 10.. but not 18 to 22...

Keenan Robinson sure does have an injury history.

2012- torn pec

2013 - torn pec

2014- very good season

2015 - missed a bunch of games with a shoulder injury.

The only good thing is they are all upper body so they shouldn't affect his quickness.

2012- torn pec

2013 - torn pec

2014- very good season

The only good thing is they are all upper body so they shouldn't affect his quickness.

Not a fan of torn pecs... completely on the player for lack of conditioning (too much heaving lifting with minimal stretching/elasticity conditioning)... Hopefully he's learned a thing or 2 and our new conditioning coach changes the culture of weight training...

2012- torn pec

2013 - torn pec

2014- very good season

Giants specialize in torn pecs, so this looks like a great fit.

Not a fan of torn pecs... completely on the player for lack of conditioning (too much heaving lifting with minimal stretching/elasticity conditioning)... Hopefully he's learned a thing or 2 and our new conditioning coach changes the culture of weight training...

Agreed. Our SC program has sucked ass, for years. Beatty was the 100th final straw as far as I'm concerned.

I think they'll look in the first three rounds. Hoping Deion Jones is there in the third. RT will make the most immediate impact, which is why I've been leaning Stanley. Round two would like a DE like Calhoun or Nassib

Well...I know this will be controversial but...stretching has actually been shown to cause more issues than it solves. Progressively loading your weights until you hit your target has been shown to be the most effective in mitigating injuries in the weight room. All that is necessary is just to get the blood flowing and heart rate up. A few wind sprints and some push ups before games would be effective. My bet is that these are injuries caused by machines because all the smaller stabilizing muscles and tendons don't get the load necessary to grow with the major muscles. This causes an imbalance that produces injuries. Machines should be banned from all weight training.

Back on topic. I think we all can agree that the Giants organisation does not feel that LB is an integral part of a defense. Here's the blind chipmunk finds a LB nut this draft.

Well...I know this will be controversial but...stretching has actually been shown to cause more issues than it solves. Progressively loading your weights until you hit your target has been shown to be the most effective in mitigating injuries in the weight room. All that is necessary is just to get the blood flowing and heart rate up. A few wind sprints and some push ups before games would be effective. My bet is that these are injuries caused by machines because all the smaller stabilizing muscles and tendons don't get the load necessary to grow with the major muscles. This causes an imbalance that produces injuries. Machines should be banned from all weight training.

Back on topic. I think we all can agree that the Giants organisation does not feel that LB is an integral part of a defense. Here's the blind chipmunk finds a LB nut this draft.

Stretching or loosening the muscle is a must... now a lot of those torn anythings is because the muscle tissue lacks elasticity... a direct coorelation to lack of stretching especially after a work out... when the muscle cool down... that's where most muscle spasms happen.

Is it Jerry Fault or are the D cords saying we are not worried about who the LB's are.

That's the thing...they don't believe there's a second level of defense. It's all about creating pressure with the front four and getting turnovers on the backend. Like Seph said in another thread they don't believe there's a QB that can get past the dline or RB that can catch a pass on a LB and take it upfield. People used the same reasoning behind getting a TE, they just don't emphasis the position enough to spend on a high pick on one

The MLB position to me is the most important on the field. He needs to your Attack coordinator. DE cant move and CB's and S are generally locked in to area pre snap. LB are the guys that can move around and make the adjustment and communicate with the D.

Is it Jerry Fault or are the D cords saying we are not worried about who the LB's are.

It's Reese's fault. I know the Giants haven't had many GMs.... Catholics change Popes more often. But in my opinion Jerry Reese is the worst defensive GM this team has seen.

He has a flawed view of linebackers, and this in turn has translated into defenses that more often than not get absolutely fucking abused by mobile QBs, tight ends, and dual threat running backs.

His best defensive pick - JPP - has had one great season, and the rest have been mixed at best.

Reese flat out sucks, and eventually he will get fired. Until then, expect the Giants defense and its linebacker tradition to get dragged through the shitter at least one more season.

Not for nothing Wolf, but this reminds me of that time scientists told us that butter was bad for you, so eat margarine... oh wait, margarine is actually bad... no wait, it's butter... no wait, it's margarine. I'm not an expert on workouts by any means, but I can tell you from experience I had a lot more pulls, strains, etc. back in my 20's when I didn't properly warm up, cool down, and stretch than I've had in my 30's when I've done all of that. I have a funny feeling the "experts" will be telling people to stretch again pretty soon.

Yeah, I think that was a slight misstatement - its not stretching that has been proven to cause injuries, its cold stretching, as in stretching before any warm up, that causes injuries. Stretching after a workout, and doing a real cool down in general, is critical.

Not for nothing Wolf, but this reminds me of that time scientists told us that butter was bad for you, so eat margarine... oh wait, margarine is actually bad... no wait, it's butter... no wait, it's margarine. I'm not an expert on workouts by any means, but I can tell you from experience I had a lot more pulls, strains, etc. back in my 20's when I didn't properly warm up, cool down, and stretch than I've had in my 30's when I've done all of that. I have a funny feeling the "experts" will be telling people to stretch again pretty soon.

I speak from experience... no one I know has had a longer athletic life... most retired from playing even pick up basketball games in their mid fucking 20s... I've had 4 concussions, a torn Achilles, a torn meniscus, more sprained ankles than I can remember, about 4 pulled hammies... And I've ran in rugged races such as the Spartan Race among many others... the younger the person is the more they can get away with no stretching and by younger I mean 17 years old... but the combination of getting older and stressing the muscle with heavy lifting, you better believe stretching/warming up and stretching/cooling down plays a much more prominent roles...

Yeah, I think that was a slight misstatement - its not stretching that has been proven to cause injuries, its cold stretching, as in stretching before any warm up, that causes injuries. Stretching after a workout, and doing a real cool down in general, is critical.

Stretching in general too... it keeps the muscle tissue from hardening due to the unnatural exposure to heavy lifting...

I don't think it's unreasonable to have wanted a freeman or laurinitis who signed for pennies while we hoarded our remaining 23 million

This, so this. I'm not sure what the plan was but apparently it was old Redskin 101 of blowing the wad in day one and then take a nap.

Yeah, this is what I meant. It has been shown that stretching before exercise actually weakens you. No offence to Nas but I am very against bro science. Just because you or your buddy has done it for a decade doesn't make it the correct method. Shit, I still see many gym rats squatting with the barbell on their neck which is very wrong.

http://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2014/08/stretching-before-exercise-is-overrated/376089/

http://breakingmuscle.com/mobility-recovery/two-new-studies-on-static-stretching-are-completely-conflicting

And many more than I care to cite.