SportsWrath

The Eagles...

Nas

Who do they pick at #8? What are their needs?

And to some extent, I'd like to discuss the cowboys... I really think they'll pick a QB... look Romo is pretty good but he's injured quite a bit and they have to think long term... A team doesn't get to pick 4th overall often....

The reason I bring this up is there's a freak chance Jack may fall to us at 10 IF (big if)...

I doubt Jack makes it out of the top 5, but I've been having this discussion for weeks. The Eagles and Cowboys have the ability to COMPLETELY screw this draft up.

I'm guessing the Eagles take either Elliot or Hargreaves.

i reckon Dallas will pick Elliot at 4 too.

i cant see Jack getting past the Jags at 5.

Maybe Philly will pick Stanley.

Hopefully that leaves Bosa falling unexpectedly to us at 10

I think Jags pick Bosa. Eagles seem to have a bunch of interest in Goff

I'd like Dallas to pick a RB... This would leave at least 2 QBs who will get picked before we pick... and the OT projected as the first pick... so now we're left with 5 picks and the prize of either Bosa or Jack falling to 10.... I feel it's a real possibility.

The Eagles need to prepare for life after Jason Peters at LT, who is 34 years old, and this would seem to be a good time to do it with the offensive tackles available. I think they could go with Conklin/Stanely/Decker, or they go Ezekiel Elliott. Other choices could be DeForest Buckner if he's there or Leonard Floyd, someone I like for the Giants.

But one thing to look for is they may trade up... stories coming out today that Tennessee is generating interest with the #1 pick. Could be that the Eagles may want to move up to #1 and get Goff or Wentz to be their QB of the future. I can't imagine Pederson wants to risk his coaching success on Sam Bradford. Or they may trade up for Ramsey, who I think more and more people are becoming infatuated with in the build up to the draft.

They would have to include a high pick or picks in next year's draft if they do move up. They don't have a 2nd rounder this year, but two thirds and two fifths, 8 picks total.

Would the Titans take the 8th overall pick, two thirds, a fifth, and next year's 2nd? I don't think so. I think the Eagles would have to give up next year's 1st as well. I believe the Titans are just fine sitting tight and letting the offers roll in.

But if the Eagles stay at 8, and Wentz or Goff is there, I think there will be some big pressure to take a QB.

Other than that, OT, DeForest Buckner or linebacker would be my guess, and the linebacker would have to be Floyd. Sleeper would be Shaq Lawson.

As for the Cowboys, they could take a QB at 4. They will certainly take Ramsey if he falls to them, though. If not a QB or Ramsey, I am pretty certain it will be Bosa.

Are any of these QBs worth a #1 over-all? That seems like a real stretch.

Well no.. but if you're desparate for a QB, you get it.. and hopefully Philly maybe afraid Dallas will pounce on a QB... Romo isn't getting any younger and he misses a lot of games.

The thing with qb, Browns are almost certainly taking a qb at no.2, so if you think you want that qb, you need to take him at 1.

That's what that NJ.com article is saying.. the Eagles may jump to 1.. which I hope they do.. I don't mind them losing future picks.

The thing with qb, Browns are almost certainly taking a qb at no.2, so if you think you want that qb, you need to take him at 1.

I'm not so sure of that. They may think RGIII will do, especially after losing the house on Manziel, and they had a LOT of key players walk this of season.

Yeah, I've thought about the RG3 to Browns keeping them from drafting a QB argument and I tend to disagree. RG3 had 1 good year. Just 1. He got himself hurt in his playing style. He was at least partially responsible for the soured relationships in Washington. There is a LOT about RG3 that gives you pause. And because of that, I think the Browns look for a QB. As many agree, Goff and Wentz aren't the 'can't miss QBs' like Eli, Ben, Rivers, Luck guys were. And therefore, the Browns will need time to stand behind the QB they draft. Because they have RG3, they can do that.

Now, could RG3 play well enough to win the starting spot...sure. But the Browns need to hedge against that should it not happen.

What'll be most entertaining is if the draft pick plays well and how RG3 reacts when he realizes he was signed as a stop-gap player. Not sure when that happens, but it'll be fun to watch when it does.

And Warner wasn't exactly stoked about it if I remember correctly.

Well Warner was signed after we drafted Eli, so he did it willingly.

He wasn't stoked about getting benched for Eli though.