SportsWrath

Janoris Jenkins

UK-Giantsfan

While we desperately need help, especially on the defensive side of the field, and this goes without saying, we desperately need to hit in the draft. 2 or 3 players who contribute right off the bat. Because honestly, when was the last time a team built in free agency won anything?

While we desperately need help, especially on the defensive side of the field, and this goes without saying, we desperately need to hit in the draft. 2 or 3 players who contribute right off the bat. Because honestly, when was the last time a team built in free agency won anything?

I think I read that half of the broncos starters were free agents.

The Broncos

And they wont even be competitive this year. Oh well.

Was going to say they had a short window for success. I guess they drafted well because their top free agents this year were all their own draft picks. They have replacements for some of those guys too. They go through the same thing the Giants went through the past four years.

Seeing a spike in salary like that from this year to next...makes me really wonder what their intentions are with guys like JPP. Think about that spike of what, 8 or 9 million...that's absorbed instantly by not resigning JPP next year. It just paints JPP as a stop-gap until OO or a 2016 pick steps up.

I think there are FA success stories...but FA is not a process built for long-term success. You want to be good for a number of years...the draft is the way to go.

I think there are FA success stories...but FA is not a process built for long-term success. You want to be good for a number of years...the draft is the way to go.

The draft is so cap friendly it can really put a team over if you hit on a good one or 2. Look what happened with Seattle and a 3rd round QB. That saved a lot of money for other positions. Shit look at what Cruz did for that one year and he cost basically nothing.

The draft is so cap friendly it can really put a team over if you hit on a good one or 2. Look what happened with Seattle and a 3rd round QB. That saved a lot of money for other positions. Shit look at what Cruz did for that one year and he cost basically nothing.

Look no further than to compare what OBJ makes now to what he'll be making 2 or 3 years from now.

Look no further than to compare what OBJ makes now to what he'll be making 2 or 3 years from now.

The scary thought, if the Giants dont compete in these next couple of years and go through another rebuild, OBJ is more then likely going to be playing for a different team.

Definitely which is why the argument about not having X amount of drafted players on a team after Y years is useless. The better you draft the more likely the team will not be able to afford the second contract. The Giants haven't been that team unfortunately but it does happen.

Definitely which is why the argument about not having X amount of drafted players on a team after Y years is useless. The better you draft the more likely the team will not be able to afford the second contract. The Giants haven't been that team unfortunately but it does happen.

Certainly adds to the parity of the game...