SportsWrath

Free Agency Thread

Mr. P

A couple of questions... can someone sell me on why I should be really excited about Olivier Vernon potentially being a Giant?

Also, did Jermaine Kearse sign anywhere yet? Hoping for him, Rishard Matthews, or Mohammed Sanu for the Giants, in that order.

A couple of questions... can someone sell me on why I should be really excited about Olivier Vernon potentially being a Giant?

Because if you liked Kenny Holmes... you're going to LOVE Olivier Vernon.

Eagles sign S Rodney McLeod to a 5 yr, $37M contract. Because Eagles already gave S Malcolm Jenkins an extension at 4yrs, $35M, it means that it's very likely Walter Thurmond will not return to the team. Thurmond transitioned to FS and played well. I would love for the Giants to pick him up. His versatility to play FS or nickel corner would be a perfect fit with the team as it stands right now, and I was disappointed with the one and done injury season he had with us.

"Since being drafted by the Dolphins out of the University of Miami in the third round in 2012, Vernon has led the team in sacks twice, 2013 and 2015, and has 29 total for his sacks in the past three seasons. Last year he led the league in quarterback hurries, with 41, and Pro Football Focus rated him as its third-best edge defender in 2015, behind Von Miller and Khalil Mack."

Only 25, entering his prime, never missed a game.

"Since being drafted by the Dolphins out of the University of Miami in the third round in 2012, Vernon has led the team in sacks twice, 2013 and 2015, and has 29 total for his sacks in the past three seasons. Last year he led the league in quarterback hurries, with 41, and Pro Football Focus rated him as its third-best edge defender in 2015, behind Von Miller and Khalil Mack."

OK thanks. I didn't think the sack totals were that impressive but I know that number of sacks can be a misleading stat.

OK thanks. I didn't think the sack totals were that impressive but I know that number of sacks can be a misleading stat.

29 sacks in 3 years is pretty damn good, methinks. Especially given our 2015 defensive line and all the sacks they raked in.

The article was wrong and it's 29 over his first 4 years. But Osi had 28.5 his first four years. But it's looking like the Jags are making a push for him.

I really hope we sign Snacks, largely for the nickname.

Alot are saying Wake created those, but honestly I think he created Wake's high sack numbers

Alot are saying Wake created those, but honestly I think he created Wake's high sack numbers

Wake was doing what he does long before Vernon was even in the league.

Both are good players though, Vernon would instantly improve the Dline especially with the Gints just signing Snacks.

an Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 47s48 seconds ago

The #Bears are signing LB Danny Trevathan, source said. This has been in the works for days.

Good signing by the Bears, I was hoping the Giants could lure this guy in with they money that they had.

The guys a thumper and probably one of the best tacklers in the league, something we sorely miss.