SportsWrath

Coughlin: "Hard feelings" remain.

JMFP

To be fair though, if literally anyone in the world besides Jerry Palmieri were the conditioning coach, Coughlin would probably still have a job.

According to Reese, it had nothing to do with the untalented, soft, injury-prone players....it was this thing called "closing it out".

Apparently, regardless of talent, if a team can "close out" a game, they get the Win.

So, hopefully next year, the fans will chant "CLOSE. IT. OUT!!!" and then the Giants players will close out the game, and then they get a win.

Most definitely over achieving. Those late game collapses were against much better teams. Doesn't excuse the loss but the Giants played way above expectations many times last year. That's why this whole off season has been a head scratcher and Coughlin should have a gripe with management.

I have no sympathy for Coughlin. This team has been terrible for 4 years now. There is not another coach in the league, other than Belicek, that would get that kind of rope. The Giants saved him the embarrassment of being fired and are still paying him for this year. Hard feelings? Come on, man, take a step back.

I will never understand why fans can blame TC for the things that have gone down the last few years. who else could have made a team full of injuries like NY, a winning organization? plus the fact that the depth that came in was so average or below.

I'm just saying you don't argue your case in the media.

Who is? Coughlin isn't and he is about three months removed from the event. Do you think he gets invited on the show to talk about super bowl cooking recipes or about being a coach in the NFL?

I will never understand why fans can blame TC for the things that have gone down the last few years. who else could have made a team full of injuries like NY, a winning organization? plus the fact that the depth that came in was so average or below.

Honestly, I've always said he was a great X's and O's guy, but when you have the same shitty conditioning staff that got you run out of Jacksonville due to injuries, and you're bottom-third of the league every year in that statistic, it's time for you to go.

Who is? Coughlin isn't and he is about three months removed from the event. Do you think he gets invited on the show to talk about super bowl cooking recipes or about being a coach in the NFL?

"Don't think that there aren't some hard feelings there. There are," To me, that's unnecessary.

"Don't think that there aren't some hard feelings there. There are," To me, that's unnecessary.

How was the honesty unnecessary? He didn't throw anyone under the bus, that would have been unnecessary. Quite a few people have moved on from the team and had hard feelings about it and shared it with everyone.

Honestly, I've always said he was a great X's and O's guy, but when you have the same shitty conditioning staff that got you run out of Jacksonville due to injuries, and you're bottom-third of the league every year in that statistic, it's time for you to go.

Yet, getting the football across the goalline from inside the 20 always eluded him.

Not that I want to go all 'Dear Abby' today, but here is a little bit of unsolicited advice for former New York Giants head coach Tom Coughlin. Let it go, Tom.

Coughlin is no longer head coach of the Giants. Rightly or wrongly, that is a fact. And we know from recent reports and Coughlin's own remarks on the radio that he is having a difficult time letting go.

Gary Myers of the Daily News wrote that Coughlin's interview for the Philadelphia Eagles head coaching vacancy was "a disaster."

Coughlin acted like a 20-year old whose girlfriend had dumped him and he was trying to make her jealous by dating her No. 1 enemy on the rebound. NFL sources say his hard feelings for the Giants came through loud and clear in the interview with the
brain trust, which included owner Jeffrey Lurie, and he was obsessed with how he felt wronged by the Giants. He was not forthcoming about his plans for his staff. He came off more concerned with making the Giants look bad than being consumed with coaching the Eagles.

I have no idea how true that is. I do know, however, that if any part of it is true that's a bad look for the two-time Super Bowl-winning coach. If even a small part of his motivation for taking the interview with the Eagles was to twist the knife and make the Giants think about him coaching in the same division just a couple of hours down the road, that's unbecoming for a man who has always carried himself with class.

It is natural for Coughlin to be hurt. I get that. It's become pretty obvious that he wanted to continue coaching the Giants, that stepping down was not his idea. It doesn't look good, though, to go on the radio and talk about how he doesn't agree with the move and how there are "hard feelings" as the result of it.

It also doesn't help anything that hard feelings and all, Coughlin apparently keeps showing up at the Giants headquarters a couple of times every week to work out. Who does that? That can't help new head coach Ben McAdoo, or any of of the assistant coaches still with the team who were loyal to him. It can't help any of the players who see him working out or wandering the halls.

That is stalker stuff. It is the kind of thing jealous ex-husbands or lovers do when they can't move on. C'mon on, Tom. Get a Planet Fitness membership! It's only $10 a month. Surely, you can afford that.

The Giants have moved on from you. Now you need to move on from them. It will be healthier for both of you.

To be fair though, if literally anyone in the world besides Jerry Palmieri were the conditioning coach, Coughlin would probably still have a job.

Seph...there is an article in last weeks SI about the combine ...and who antiqued it is in what is measures.....that has a lot of commentary from the Head Trainer at Stanford....you should check it out if you get a chance....it notes how low the Cardinals injury level is...etc. etc...

C. Wagon

Coughlin should have been canned years ago... We, the FO, etc... were far more tolerant of him than we would have been otherwise because of the goodwill that 2 trophies earned him... but this was not 2011... I'm happy we moved on.

Seph...there is an article in last weeks SI about the combine ...and who antiqued it is in what is measures.....that has a lot of commentary from the Head Trainer at Stanford....you should check it out if you get a chance....it notes how low the Cardinals injury level is...etc. etc...

C. Wagon

I have that at home but think it may have just gotten tossed.

Housekeeping wife... gotta take the good with the bad.