SportsWrath

Marques Colston

Nas

He wasn't that good. Had less receptions than Randle and had two td's over their final ten games. Lot's of games where he did zilch. Also he'll be 32. Randle is 24

Randle sucks... Finding a middle of the pack WR is an upgrade...

Randle is a middle of the pack WR and it wouldn't be an upgrade. Randle at least still has youth and knows the system and Eli. With all the issues the Giants have Randle is far down the list. The Giants should just re-sign him because he won't cost much. This will give Reese time to find his next unicorn WR.

Randle is a middle of the pack WR and it wouldn't be an upgrade. Randle at least still has youth and knows the system and Eli. With all the issues the Giants have Randle is far down the list. The Giants should just re-sign him because he won't cost much. This will give Reese time to find his next unicorn WR.

For what? Maybe for a back up.. he's not starter material.

Neither is 75% of the team but we aint gonna get them all in one off season.

Agreed but I'm not looking for super stars... just serviceable players who will go up for the catch (unlike Randle) and won't drop the ball (Parker).

Randle is not has bad has you think. Jones/Sanu etc would not be an upgrade

Randle is great. He just needs to learn to run crisper routes, catch balls in a crowd, don't give up on a route, come back for the ball when his QB's in trouble and get smarter- Then, he's an all star!

Agreed but I'm not looking for super stars... just serviceable players who will go up for the catch (unlike Randle) and won't drop the ball (Parker).

If only it was that easy in the NFL.

It's not like Randle would break the bank or anything, he knows the system and for some reason either MacAttack or Eli are letting Randle fuck them in the ass because he's a very popular target in the offence.

The Giants can look for a legit #2, but in the meantime why open up ANOTHER slot on the team to fill letting go off Randle, who hasnt been as bad as people here make him out to be, can stay here and help the team.

Randle is great. He just needs to learn to run crisper routes, catch balls in a crowd, don't give up on a route, come back for the ball when his QB's in trouble and get smarter- Then, he's an all star!

Catch balls that are ten feet over his head

Rewatches Minnesota game. Sure... then Beckham goes down *knock on wood* and our offense can't score at all. The need is there, it's just hidden by the fact that Beckham is THAT good. We don't have to break the bank on a WR, but we need a #2 and can't put our eggs in the Cruz basket cause we don't know what he'll give us.

There's too much money to be saved not to cut cruz.

Unless there's a serious restructure done. From what I was reading we save $6M with a cut or $8m with a post 6/1 cut, but if we can get his salary down to something more suited to his recent production level then I don't see any issue keeping him around. We just can't make that restructure and then sit back and say "Hey... We have Cruz!!!" Cause that's the same thing that burned us last year.

After two years off and the injury he had I see increasing our cap room by 11% as more beneficial than rolling the dice at whatever he restructures down to. If he wants to come back for the minimum after being cut then fine but fuck giving this guy 4 million bucks

Unless there's a serious restructure done. From what I was reading we save $6M with a cut or $8m with a post 6/1 cut, but if we can get his salary down to something more suited to his recent production level then I don't see any issue keeping him around. We just can't make that restructure and then sit back and say "Hey... We have Cruz!!!" Cause that's the same thing that burned us last year.

I can't recall ever seening a player restructure for less money. It's always a cap math adjustment by the team which benefits the player, converting future earnings into up-front cash.

I can't recall ever seening a player restructure for less money. It's always a cap math adjustment by the team which benefits the player, converting future earnings into up-front cash.

Ok... maybe "restructure" isn't the right word but the bottom line is that we can't let that $9.9m cap number he has remain.

Ok... maybe "restructure" isn't the right word but the bottom line is that we can't let that $9.9m cap number he has remain.

I agree, but the point I was trying to get at was that I don't think there's any way just to mutually agree to a pay cut without terminating the contract and making him an FA.