SportsWrath

Amukamara

GA4M

Trumaine Johnson is the CB I hope they go after and draft VH3 if he's there. We are really thin at corner and only have DRC and Wade signed right now. Johnson had 7 picks last year, Mook has 7 for his entire five year career. Johnson just turned 26

You realise that soft coverage is the DC's fault, not the players, right? It happened way less under Spags last year too.

So it's the gameplan that had DRC playing tight coverage and Amukamara giving ten yard cushions? After further contemplation, this makes sense considering that DRC is far and away the better player.

At least he has not had career altering injuries. Almost nobody plays 16 games.

Exactly, which is what I am trying to point out. This "injury prone" tag is odd for Amukamara. He played full 16 last year and missed 3 the year before. If you're going to bash him then fine but posters on this board act like he's played 10 games his whole career. With the amount of injuries the Giants sustain year in and year out he's basically an iron man. I also doubt he'd get $10 million but at $7-$8...do it.

Exactly, which is what I am trying to point out. This "injury prone" tag is odd for Amukamara. He played full 16 last year and missed 3 the year before. If you're going to bash him then fine but posters on this board act like he's played 10 games his whole career. With the amount of injuries the Giants sustain year in and year out he's basically an iron man. I also doubt he'd get $10 million but at $7-$8...do it.

He didn't play 16 games last year

Well we need a #2 corner desperately and he's one of the top 4 available--probably top 3i if Norman doesn't hit the market. It's entirely possible he ends up back here.

I still think Sean smith is the way to go. He's gonna cost more than amukamura but he's a lot better imo

I like Jenkins from the Rams as well. He played very well this past season.

Well we need a #2 corner desperately and he's one of the top 4 available--probably top 3i if Norman doesn't hit the market. It's entirely possible he ends up back here.

I still think Sean smith is the way to go. He's gonna cost more than amukamura but he's a lot better imo

Something tells me that's what the Giants are thinking... if you're going to pay top dollar for anyone, he better be worth top dollar... and right now most if not all of us don't think Prince is worth north of $8M/yr, so why not let the market sort it out... sure you're going to have a raider-like team that will overpay but not all FAs will get overpaid... Besides, I'm on the side that you don't necessarily need super stars on the team so much as you need blue collar players... in the mold of the Patriots.

Our first round picks from 2009, 2010, 2011 AND 2012 won't be on the roster in 3 weeks.......

Not just first rounders...but ALL draft picks from those years could be absent from the roster in 2016 I believe.

2009: Hakeem Nicks, Clint Sintim, Will Beatty, Ramses Barden, Travis Beckum, Andre Brown, Rhett Bomar, DeAndre Wright, Stoney Woodson --> ALL GONE

2010: JPP, Linval Joseph, Chad Jones, Phillip Dillard, Mitch Petrus, Adrian Tracy, Matt Dodge --> ALL GONE (assuming JPP is not brought back)

2011: Prince Amukamara, Marvin Austin, Jerrel Jernigan, James Brewer, Greg Jones, Tyler Sash, Jacquian Williams, Da'Rel Scott --> ALL GONE (assuming Prince is not brought back)

2012: David Wilson, Rueben Randle, Jayron Hosley, Adrien Robinson, Brandon Mosley, Matt McCants, Markus Kuhn --> ALL GONE (assuming Randle and Hosley don't come back).

The average NFL career is 3.3 years. I don't think the lack of draftees from 7 years ago is a valid concern.

This.

With the new rookie signing agreement I don't think a rookie can sign for longer than four years with a fifth year option, don't quote me on this though.

Granted you would expect to have aleast one or two "solid players" from those years still on the team, guys who have been core players and helped your team win.

Reese has failed to get players who have been able to be a core part of any successful team really, now there are circumstances such as injury hurting a lot of these first round picks, Nicks, Wilson, JPP (although it was his own fault)

I'd assume if any of those guys were able to stay healthy they would still be on the team.

This.

With the new rookie signing agreement I don't think a rookie can sign for longer than four years with a fifth year option, don't quote me on this though.

Granted you would expect to have aleast one or two "solid players" from those years still on the team, guys who have been core players and helped your team win.

Reese has failed to get players who have been able to be a core part of any successful team really, now there are circumstances such as injury hurting a lot of these first round picks, Nicks, Wilson, JPP (although it was his own fault)

I'd assume if any of those guys were able to stay healthy they would still be on the team.

the fifth year option is only for first rounders too.