SportsWrath

Wow, so that's what NFL linebackers look like

JMFP

Shazier and Burflict - dayamm.

But wow...what a game....only the Bengals could have figured out a way to piss away a game that was IN THE BAG in a worse way than the Giants could. This was an absolutely devastating heartbreaker of a game and one that was so fucking retarded on all levels.

Honestly without the Pacman penalty the Steelers probably still win. Would've been a 50 yarder but Boswell has been amazing and they would've had time to run at least one more play. But they deserve it. Burfict was classless and out of control. And I think Pacman's flag was warranted, but that's just me. He pushed a coach. Can't do that.

Honestly without the Pacman penalty the Steelers probably still win. Would've been a 50 yarder but Boswell has been amazing and they would've had time to run at least one more play. But they deserve it. Burfict was classless and out of control. And I think Pacman's flag was warranted, but that's just me. He pushed a coach. Can't do that.

The coach wasn't allowed on the field either. Should have been a personal foul on the Steelers coach too.

The coach wasn't allowed on the field either. Should have been a personal foul on the Steelers coach too.

When there is an injured player on the field the coach is allowed to be out there. Not saying that Porter was a saint here, but he was within the rules, and everything was fine when it was just jibber jabbering back and forth. Adam Jones decided to push a coach, he got flagged for it. There likely wouldn't have been a flag if he doesn't do that.

The head coach only. Not assistants.

Had they called a 5 yard penalty on Porter for being on the field, the 15 yarder on Jones still would've applied, they wouldn't have offset. Regardless, this is fairly common that officials allow coaches/non-team medical staff and attendants on the field for significant injuries. I won't argue that they could've thrown the flag on Porter... but he didn't actually do anything, he was backing away and complying with the officials, when the Pacman decided to get stupid.

From PFT:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/01/10/report-joey-porter-expected-to-be-fined/

Assistants are not allowed on the field, but Ian Rapoport of NFL Media reports that officials allowed it out of “real concern” for Brown and that part of the reason Jones was flagged was for making contact with the field judge.

Whatever the level of concern, Porter should not have been on the field and certainly shouldn’t have been engaging with Bengals players if his presence had anything to do with Brown’s condition. Adam Schefter of ESPN reports that Porter will be fined by the league for his actions on Saturday night.

Coaches, any coaches are allowed on the field with officials' permission. The foul was for contact with the official and and swinging at Porter.

Whats the fucking point of a fine when the act itself had an impact on the outcome of a playoff game???

Cincy blew it badly, the refs blew it badly, Cincy had the game won....it was just a matter of highschool level stuff at that point....but Cincy went full retard and gift wrapped it and gave it to the Steelers. If I was in Cincy Id be rioting

Some huge fucking heartbreaks so far in the playoffs that makes my Giants hurt dissipate a bit - just a little bit. The way Walsh shanked that 27 yrder.....FUCK!!! Poor guy must be contemplating suicide right now. Oh man! I really don't want to be a Viking or a Bengals fan right now - those were games they had in the books!!! But instead let the usual suspects get away.

Walsh seemed to take it in stride. Good for him. That's why you never want to leave it in the hands of your kicker if you don't have to. You just don't know... even a chip shot like this one... could have a bad snap or laces in, or just a mental lapse.

Walsh seemed to take it in stride. Good for him. That's why you never want to leave it in the hands of your kicker if you don't have to. You just don't know... even a chip shot like this one... could have a bad snap or laces in, or just a mental lapse.

yup- if they had been down by 4, they might've been better off. But, Zimmer played the game perfectly. All about field position and not making mistakes. Can't fault him for much. If they do, we'll take him!

Some huge fucking heartbreaks so far in the playoffs that makes my Giants hurt dissipate a bit - just a little bit. The way Walsh shanked that 27 yrder.....FUCK!!! Poor guy must be contemplating suicide right now. Oh man! I really don't want to be a Viking or a Bengals fan right now - those were games they had in the books!!! But instead let the usual suspects get away.

I am so fucking sick of seeing Pete Carroll jump around with glee when he lucks out because the opposition screwed up! I had Seattle winning and covering in my pool yesterday but as soon as I saw Petey Boy on the sideline, I couldn't help but root for the Vikes.

Honestly the Seahawks have to be the luckiest team ever. The shank by Walsh... and remember earlier this year against the Lions when Calvin Johnson was about to score the game winning TD, and Kam Chancellor punched it out at the 1, and then K.J. Wright illegally batted the ball out of the endzone and the penalty wasn't called? Of course the Fail Mary play when Golden Tate simply put his hands on the ball while the Packers' M.D. Jennings was holding the ball against this chest, and they awarded the TD to Tate? LOL, this team has more lives than Morris the cat.

And then there's the Giants...

Seriously I thought the same thing. I honestly thought they'd block the fg or they'd fuck up the snap cuz everything always seems to bounce their way at the end of games. Even before the butler interception they had that ridiculously lucky catch too

Had they called a 5 yard penalty on Porter for being on the field, the 15 yarder on Jones still would've applied, they wouldn't have offset. Regardless, this is fairly common that officials allow coaches/non-team medical staff and attendants on the field for significant injuries. I won't argue that they could've thrown the flag on Porter... but he didn't actually do anything, he was backing away and complying with the officials, when the Pacman decided to get stupid.

From PFT:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/01/10/report-joey-porter-expected-to-be-fined/

Coaches, any coaches are allowed on the field with officials' permission. The foul was for contact with the official and and swinging at Porter.

Yeah, I agree that the flag on Jones was warranted. I'm just pointing out yet another way the officials let it get out of hand.

They could've let it go and no one would've noticed or cared. It's too big a spot to get ticky tacky.

That's pretty much the take around these parts.

And also, if you watch Brown coming off the field, he winks at the Bengals D. He was totally faking that injury to try to draw a flag. Hits to the head on a defenseless receiver are of course a personal foul, so I think that was a flag on Burfict regardless, but Brown acted like a ragdoll after the hit, and that part was all an act.

That's pretty much the take around these parts.

And also, if you watch Brown coming off the field, he winks at the Bengals D. He was totally faking that injury to try to draw a flag. Hits to the head on a defenseless receiver are of course a personal foul, so I think that was a flag on Burfict regardless, but Brown acted like a ragdoll after the hit, and that part was all an act.

I can't believe you actually believe this. He was out before he hit the ground.

It's not surprising that the Bengals have conspiracy theories after the loss. It's the reason the Bengals players hate the Steelers so much. They feel, and there is probably some merit, that the Steelers get preferential treatment from the league. After Shazier hit Bernard the game was going to explode. As far as I know hitting any player high in the face mask is a penalty but Shazier got away with it and celebrated the knock out. I am almost positive Merriweather, and several others, have been flagged for hits like that.

I can't believe you actually believe this. He was out before he hit the ground.

I'm not sure I do. But folks around here sure believe it, and have dissected the film to "prove" it. It's all anybody has been talking about for two days.

I'll tell you, I don't think our collective hatred of the Skins, Eagles, and Cowboys matches the Bengals fan hatred of the Steelers.