SportsWrath

Eagles to interview Tom Coughlin for head coach position

BleedinBlue

Eli said he talked to him in the huddle.

and Coughlin is my favorite coach of all-time, one of my favorite overall giants of all-time. I will let it go when and if I decide to let it go.

"Talked to him in the huddle?" For what, the 40 seconds between snaps? It's pretty tough to go from full on Hulk to Bruce Banner in 40 seconds. And the results speak for themselves.

I think Coughlin's undoing was 3-fold.

1. It was the culmination of too many non-playoff years.

2. It was the fact that a number of games could've been won this season with different coaching decisions (time management, play selection, informing QB to take a sack instead of incomplete pass, etc.)

3. The handling of OBJ was the icing on the cake, the tipping point. Beckham should've had to sit a full quarter at minimum for his antics. Coughlin was hired to win football games, but also to lead a group of men. In his dealing with Beckham, Coughlin showed that winning trumps all....and the Giants it seems, rank 'how they compete' as number 1 with 'winning' coming in at #1a.

I think this is pretty spot-on.

"Talked to him in the huddle?" For what, the 40 seconds between snaps? It's pretty tough to go from full on Hulk to Bruce Banner in 40 seconds. And the results speak for themselves.

I wasn't arguing its effectiveness.

I think that timing plays a huge role as to whether or not our coordinators are kept on. If Coughlin is hired somewhere else, he may be inclined to take his guys with him. If we bring in our new coach and the new coach likes our coordinators, then our coordinators may be more inclined to stay put in lieu of uprooting their families and trudging off to a new city.

Looking like TC will be the next Eagles head coach. I guess he'll make a good place holder until a better coach becomes available.

Please take Palmieri with you.... please take Palmieri with you... please take Palmieri with you...

NFL on ESPN ‏@ESPNNFL 15m15 minutes ago

Tom Coughlin is withdrawing his name from consideration for the Eagles head coaching position. (via @AdamSchefter)

QiJMSAH.gif

Now hopefully he takes a front office job with the giants.

Jebus my heart couldnt take seeing TC beat the fuck out of the Giant's twice a year.

I wonder if he was a front runner? He pulls his name and the same day, hours really, Pederson is named coach. Probably coincidence but interesting none the less. Coughlin with Eagles would have been painful.

Kindda like Murray playing for the Eagles was painful for the Cowboys... eh... taking over a new team is tough... and the Eagles don't play the Giants... Coughlin would have needed at least 2 years just to get to .500 with that team....

Eagles selecting Doug Pederson two weeks into the postseason is the reason why they fire Chip Kelly five days before the end of the season? Makes me wonder if they are missing Andy Reid so much they'll take the next best thing, the guy who followed him around since Green Bay. I'm counting two wins already for 2016.

Eagles selecting Doug Pederson two weeks into the postseason is the reason why they fire Chip Kelly five days before the end of the season? Makes me wonder if they are missing Andy Reid so much they'll take the next best thing, the guy who followed him around since Green Bay. I'm counting two wins already for 2016.

Rumors are from the Egirls board is after Coughlin and Jackson were both off the table that the ownership just went with their "next best option".

I don't even think Perderson had any interview they just hired him after those two fell thru.

Rumors are from the Egirls board is after Coughlin and Jackson were both off the table that the ownership just went with their "next best option".

I don't even think Perderson had any interview they just hired him after those two fell thru.

Chip Kelly was still available though...