SportsWrath

Eagles to interview Tom Coughlin for head coach position

BleedinBlue

In the strangest turn of events, the Eagles are toying with the idea of hiring TC.

I can't believe he'd ever take the job, but who knows what goes on behind the public persona. Could there have been an unhealthy division between Tom and the front office that was kept quiet?

Who knows. I just find this strange and disconcerting.

http://www.nj.com/eagles/index.ssf/2016/01/nfl_coaching_rumors_eagles_interviewing_tom_coughl.html#incart_river_index

http://www.syracuse.com/ny-sports/index.ssf/2016/01/philadelphia_eagles_request_permission_to_interview_tom_coughlin_reports.html#incart_river_home

Cant believe you guys didn't see this coming. I knew this day was coming soon as he stepped down. I don't know if they will hire him or not, but of course they are gonna interview him. We should have never let Tom go. There is no one even close to as good as him available. This is going to prove to be one of the dumbest things the NYG ever did.

Cant believe you guys didn't see this coming. I knew this day was coming soon as he stepped down. I don't know if they will hire him or not, but of course they are gonna interview him. We should have never let Tom go. There is no one even close to as good as him available. This is going to prove to be one of the dumbest things the NYG ever did.

...and that is saying a lot.

Fortunately, the genius who built this roster is still a Giant.

It will make me physically ill if Tom Coughlin becomes the coach of the Eagles. Stupid move on the Giants part for not getting him a real defense. Stupid to get rid of him instead of the guy who put this team (especially the defense) together. If he wants to coach again, God bless him. But PLEASE..... ANYWHERE but Philly!

Here we come 1970's..... ughhhhh.

The more I think about it, its really a no brainer. Tom is BY FAR the best coach available. Philly is the best team in need of a HC. Id say there is at least a 85% chance we see Tom in green next year. While we are still picking dud FA's and crap lower draft picks, for a man who will be half the coach Tom was at best.

Im having a REALLY hard time finding optimism for us in the near or long term. Especially since I was dumb enough to think we'd get Cowher.

Comments so far are very entertaining.

It would be interesting if he takes the job. He wasn't wanted here so I think any misplaced feelings of betrayal are funny.

Same happened with Parcells when he went to Dallas.

I don't seem to recall Parcells doing anything with New England, NYJ, or Dallas and I find it hard to imagine Coughlin having any further success in this league. He might be good for a few more feel good stories from players who emphasize that he not only coached him, he "made them a man", but as far as Lombardis go...the Eagles will finish with just as many now as they will if Tom Coughlin coaches them for the next several years.

I tend to think they want to pick TC's brain. He'll be 70 years old shortly so it's doubtful he's going to be coaching for the next 4 or 5 years and it will take that long to turn the Eagles around and set them up with an entirely new system.

If TC was 60, I'd be worried.

I will be sick as can be if he takes an office job in an advisory position.

If anything, it sure shows the short-sightedness and absurdity of making TC the fall guy while keeping the builder of the team, Mr. Reese.

History has taught us that we do not learn from history.

I do wish Tom Coughlin moderate success wherever he ends up coaching if at all this season. :tumbleweed:

Comments so far are very entertaining.

It would be interesting if he takes the job. He wasn't wanted here so I think any misplaced feelings of betrayal are funny.

I was pretty steadfast in wanting Coughlin to remain here.

I don't seem to recall Parcells doing anything with New England, NYJ, or Dallas and I find it hard to imagine Coughlin having any further success in this league. He might be good for a few more feel good stories from players who emphasize that he not only coached him, he "made them a man", but as far as Lombardis go...the Eagles will finish with just as many now as they will if Tom Coughlin coaches them for the next several years.

He didn't, but he 'betrayed' the Giants by going to Dallas. At least, that was the feeling, and many old salts still feel that way. Same with Bavaro.

He didn't, but he 'betrayed' the Giants by going to Dallas. At least, that was the feeling, and many old salts still feel that way. Same with Bavaro.

I went from feeling bad he left to hating his ass for that. but he really walked unlike TC.

Just imagine if Coughlin took that job, and the Eagles get into the playoffs.

Ugh.

Wouldn't that just prove that there wasn't enough talent for the Giants to make the playo...........

Oh, wait.

He took New England to the Super Bowl in1996, a team that hadn't sniffed a playoff game in 8 years. Brought the Jets their best record ever (12-4) and a home playoff . Dallas, he discovered Romo and brought them 2 playoff games in 4 years. Eagle fans, would you accept this kind of success?