SportsWrath

Is Josh Gordon available this offseason?

osi724dasack

Gordon is under contract and I would take him in a heartbeat. Gordon is nowhere near the the problem-child that Justin Blackmon is. He wrote this open letter, an excerpt follows on why he was suspended for the year (it's a joke): https://thecauldron.si.com/an-open-letter-to-charles-barkley-co-cb5c4e64cf3#.3fe1lgw54

On Jan. 2 of this year, just days after our season ended earlier than we all had hoped — and yes, my actions during the prior offseason definitely contributed to our failure to make the playoffs; it killed me seeing our guys fight so hard when I wasn’t out there with them — I boarded a private flight to Las Vegas with several teammates. During the flight, I had two beers and two drinks. It was the first time I had consumed so much as a drop of alcohol since July 4, 2014, the day of the DWI.

Anyone who knows me knows that I am not much of a drinker. Even calling me a social drinker would be an exaggeration, but at that moment, on that flight, I made a choice. The wrong choice, as it turned out.

Upon landing, I received the all-too-familiar notice by phone that I was to report to a testing location within four hours. I failed the test, obviously, and the rest is history … colored by media speculation and faux outrage.

In the end, of course, I failed myself.

It doesn’t matter if I thought that the league-imposed restriction on drinking had expired at the end of the regular season; what matters is that I didn’t confirm whether or not that was the case. Now, that oversight has further jeopardized my relationship with my team and our fans, my reputation, and maybe even my career.

So yeah, I'd take him in a nano-second. Since being suspended, he has gotten into art. I'm a Gordon fan and I think to some extent, he's gotten a bad rap and treated too harshly by the league, while acknowledging his wounds are self-inflicted and he could've done more to prevent them. But he understands that. And given all that... I think there's a very good chance, and sufficient evidence to suggest, this guy has matured greatly and is likely to be an upstanding member of the NFL... and given that he's a ridiculous talent... it would be crazy to not want him. I doubt that our organization will be the one to take him on, though.

Gordon is under contract and I would take him in a heartbeat. Gordon is nowhere near the the problem-child that Justin Blackmon is. He wrote this open letter, an excerpt follows on why he was suspended for the year (it's a joke): https://thecauldron.si.com/an-open-letter-to-charles-barkley-co-cb5c4e64cf3#.3fe1lgw54

So yeah, I'd take him in a nano-second. Since being suspended, he has gotten into art. I'm a Gordon fan and I think to some extent, he's gotten a bad rap and treated too harshly by the league, while acknowledging his wounds are self-inflicted and he could've done more to prevent them. But he understands that. And given all that... I think there's a very good chance, and sufficient evidence to suggest, this guy has matured greatly and is likely to be an upstanding member of the NFL... and given that he's a ridiculous talent... it would be crazy to not want him. I doubt that our organization will be the one to take him on, though.

I thought I remembered thinking he got fucked over by the league. God I really hate what the NFL is devolving into.

Why? I don't want that dumbass anywhere near a Giants uniform.

I actually got my WRs mixed up. Idky when Osi said Gordon I immediately thought of Blackmon.

If he really has gotten himself together then why not?