SportsWrath

Ben McAdoo will be the next coach of the New York Football Giants

boohyah

Plus no draft picks are lost. give him a short contract in case he stinks and someone better could pop up. right now, they need more talent on the field and a guy like Payton will demand too much from NO.

I think you are right and I think the only way they pried him away from Green Bay in the first place was a back room promise that he would be groomed to replace Coughlin in the future. I think Green Bay was grooming him for the same thing.

But the front office has to look as though they are doing their due diligence including adhering to the "Rooney Rule".

Plus no draft picks are lost. give him a short contract in case he stinks and someone better could pop up. right now, they need more talent on the field and a guy like Payton will demand too much from NO.

I am not so sure they will retain Payton something is swirling they have pushed of meetings and Press conference. Jerry Jones Is in New Orleans but he says it is not to inquire about Payton. I have a feeling Payton may make his way the NY.

I think you are right and I think the only way they pried him away from Green Bay in the first place was a back room promise that he would be groomed to replace Coughlin in the future. I think Green Bay was grooming him for the same thing.

But the front office has to look as though they are doing their due diligence including adhering to the "Rooney Rule".

I think it was just a step up in position TE coach to OC. They didn't have to promise him a HC job

I am not so sure they will retain Payton something is swirling they have pushed of meetings and Press conference. Jerry Jones Is in New Orleans but he says it is not to inquire about Payton. I have a feeling Payton may make his way the NY.

I know Miami wants to look at him too. while I think he's a pretty good coach, I just think we need the draft more right now. plus I always wonder if they didn't have Brees, would he have the wins he does right now? but yeah, if he's open then yes.

I remember watching last years press conference and John Mara spoke on this. He had no idea who Ben McAdoo was until Tom Coughlin put him on the staff. The idea of Ben McAdoo being brought in and groomed to be the future head coach is one dreamed up by writers and fans.

I was certain McAdoo was the guy but hearing that he will interview with Philly, which means the Giants had to grant permission, makes me think he's just one candidate and it's wide open.

I was certain McAdoo was the guy but hearing that he will interview with Philly, which means the Giants had to grant permission, makes me think he's just one candidate and it's wide open.

The giants don't have to grant permission.

I agree with this. I don't think Mara/Reese necessarily view him as a better choice than Spagnuolo, even.

They don't (didn't)? He's under contract here, no?

Didn't we have to ask the Bears for permission to interview Gase? Right now McAdoo is still employed by the Giants, no?

They didn't have to though. If a team is on a bye or not in the playoffs, the team doesn't have to grant permission for an assistant to interview as long as it's for a job higher than the one they currently hold.

If we wanted to interview him for OC we would need permission.

We are interviewing Gase and also the Jacksonville OL coach - cant recall his name - Marrone??

But I think it will be McAdoo - they cant afford a blow up with only about 5 years of good Eli and ODB in his prime. The defense needs a few good players on the DL and secondary and Spags will churn out a competent unit Im sure. Im just glad Jennings came into his own as our bell cow back. They should fucking stop that committee shit - give an RB prolonged sets of carries and get him in the zone. Not that each series diff guy shit.

Uhh, I think the people are right to be "doubters". I have never seen anyone worse in situational playcalling. Be it third down or red zone offense, the Giants offense couldn't convert. I have never seen so many 3 yard routes on 3rd and 8 nor an offense so afraid of throwing the ball INTO the end zone rather than trying to get there with 3 yard completions. Yeah, he "helped cut down Eli's interceptions" but doubled them in the red zone.

How the fuck do you hire a guy that took 15 games to figure out what running back by committee actually entails?