SportsWrath

Tom Coughlin press conference 10:30am EST

Allstarjim

I missed the first 5 minutes. Did they show how many players were there for Coach Coughlin?

They didn't pan the crowd, but every time he talked about his players, his eyes scanned the front row.

Mara just said that he has faith in Reese and believes he's the "right guy" to rebuild the team. Uhggg

They didn't pan the crowd, but every time he talked about his players, his eyes scanned the front row.

Mara just said that he has faith in Reese and believes he's the "right guy" to rebuild the team. Uhggg

He was doing good until I heard that.

Feels like a funeral Around here last 24 hours. Even the people who wanted him out arent celebrating

12 years, 5 playoffs, 3 division titles, 2 conference titles, 2 super bowl championships.

If the Giants find another guy that can do the same over the next 12 years, this will be a happy message board.

No coincidence that as Ernies guys aged out and Reese's guys largely washed out, the playoffs disappeared.

That 2011 SB was won largely because Eli was brilliant and JPP, Tuck, and Canty reemerged.

Reese won the fucking lotto with that 2011 win, but took it as a confirmation of his approach. Now, guys that should be 4-5 year core vets are out of the NFL or on 2nd contracts elsewhere.

Feels like a funeral Around here last 24 hours. Even the people who wanted him out arent celebrating

He was the man. My favorite coach of all-time, and right up there with my favorite giants of all-time.

I'm going to put a big picture of him in my office at home and when/if I get my own work office, Ron Swanson style.

Did anyone catch his passionate statement, "it's important to win the right way, the right way".

He said it with a bit of anger in his voice and I could not help but think it was directed at Belichick and maybe a couple other coaches in the NFL.

TC is the polar opposite of Belichick. Tom wants to win, but win by everyone doing their best and playing as a team. Belichick could care less about character and only cares about winning and if he can find a way to cheat and win, he'll do it every single time. TC would never cheat to add a few wins on his résumé.