SportsWrath

Chip Kelly out in Philly

BronxRik

The Philadelphia Eagles didn't wait for Monday to make the first stunning coaching move of the offseason. Head coach Chip Kelly has been fired.

"We appreciate all the contributions that Chip Kelly made and wish him every success going forward," Eagles Chairman and CEO Jeffrey Lurie said in a statement.

Around the NFL will have more on this story soon.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000612168/article/philadelphia-eagles-let-go-of-chip-kelly

Some of the worst personnel moves ever. You can't give a college coach head coach and personnel duties and yet teams always do

Agreed.

Lurie should fire himself for giving a college coach that much authority without winning jack shit.

Coach needs to bring team together and let the GM be the bad cop.

I was listening to Greg Cossel on the Ross Tucker podcast yesterday and he brought up 2 interesting things on Kelly. He said due to the speed of the game the offense played, that since Kelly took charge, the Eagles Defense spent the equivalent of 4 more full games on the field than the next longest team in the NFL. That while in college, Oregon played one series with 7 down linemen and then the next series with a whole new 7 linemen and that he did that all game and was able to get away with it in college but couldn't with the Eagles. Most of the complaints about him came from the defense and that many times they were exhausted by the end of games. If you watch some of the Eagles games, like the Skins game last week, the defense was the shits down the stretch. I thought it was interesting.

well i guess that's one thing.

I was listening to Greg Cossel on the Ross Tucker podcast yesterday and he brought up 2 interesting things on Kelly. He said due to the speed of the game the offense played, that since Kelly took charge, the Eagles Defense spent the equivalent of 4 more full games on the field than the next longest team in the NFL. That while in college, Oregon played one series with 7 down linemen and then the next series with a whole new 7 linemen and that he did that all game and was able to get away with it in college but couldn't with the Eagles. Most of the complaints about him came from the defense and that many times they were exhausted by the end of games. If you watch some of the Eagles games, like the Skins game last week, the defense was the shits down the stretch. I thought it was interesting.

well i guess that's one thing.

You mean, everything that everyone said about Kelly's offense before he came to the league turned out to be true? Pretty much everyone that wasn't on Chip's dick figured that one out.