SportsWrath

This Team Sucks and Blows at the Same Time

carl 1010

With ODB in the line-up it takes away half the defensive backfield towards him like an electro magnet. That's been the difference so far. Everyone else can be single cover blanketed easily. Nobody else is even remotely threatening in this team and our co-ordinators don't even have a semblance of creativity to be able to use them in different ways.

The crazy part is that I thought they (the defense anyway) looked halfway decent for most of the 1st quarter. Who the hell is gonna show up next week? I I hope that those that do show don't boo Coughlin on his way out the door. May be a record low attendance at Met Life though!

Oh, I agree with you there. There are some things that Coughlin has done wrong (not kicking the FG against the Jets?), but the majority of this is Reese. The thing is that now the team has to rebuild. There are too many holes to fill. Coughlin is 70. He doesn't have years to wait for a rebuilding program.

It really doesn't happen often that a team is very good on both sides of the ball. I've been lucky enough to see 2 "golden eras" in Giants history. I hope I am wrong, but it looks like we are headed back to the early to mid 90's, when the Parcells era was over.

It isn't all (or even mostly) Coughlin's fault, but they need to convince him to retire, and put him in the Ring of Honor next year.