SportsWrath

My quick offseason fix plan for our roster..short version

osi724dasack

QB: same, maybe see if anyone wants Nassib in a trade but otherwise no changes made.

RB: keep everyone except maybe Andre Williams. Replace him with a late round pick.

fB: Bring IN A CHEAP actual FB who can block.

WR: restructure Cruz, Randle walks. SIGN ALSHON JEFFRY. draft a WR top 4 rounds!

Te: Sign a cheap solid #2 Te who can block.

OL: spend on a stud starter, and a vet backup. Bring beatty back, maybe draft one as well.

k: brown can stay

P: wing can stay

de: try like hell to get JPP back on a reasonable deal. Let ayers walk unless he comes back for the minimum, sign a pass rusher, bring back selvie or Wynn and also draft another DE high

lb: sign the best available Linebacker in FA, maybe Von miller, and also sign another vet tough guy. Get rid of Unga, Beason and maybe Herz

Cb: resign Prince to a DRC type deal, let Hosely walk, wade walk, McBride, sign a savvy vet or two and also draft.

Safety. Sign the best FS available and also another mid level FS to play in dime sets and to spell Collins. Also sign another safety comng off Injury but with talent to play the 4th spot.

Keep in mind.,, the Giants have an incredible amount of cap room going forward...

Forgot DT: sign a top Fa DT and draft another one late.

Also the only danger in blowing a lot of our cap space on fat deals now to use Eli's prime is when it comes time to open the checkbook for Odell 2 years from now it'll be very tough making him the highest paid non QB instead of somewhat manageable.

I've been telling my inner circle that we need to make a play for Alshon. When the season ends I'm gonna do a full offseason plan like I did last year. This team has a decent core and the offensive personnel isn't that far away from being set (true #2 WR and someone to solidify the right side of the OL). The defense is the huge issue. Fixing that isn't going to be easy.

I've been telling my inner circle that we need to make a play for Alshon. When the season ends I'm gonna do a full offseason plan like I did last year. This team has a decent core and the offensive personnel isn't that far away from being set (true #2 WR and someone to solidify the right side of the OL). The defense is the huge issue. Fixing that isn't going to be easy.

There are impact players to be had on the defensive side of the ball. Get 3 impact players...DE, LB, CB/FS...and we could take huge strides. Think about how close we were to winning 6 more games this season. A few impact plays on defense and those games could've been had. So a 4 or 5 game improvement on this season next year is not out of the question so long as the right players are brought in.

The coaching change is a huge thing though. FAs may not want to come in to an unproven coaching staff. Then again, a franchise QB and prolific WR on offense could provide enough of a selling point.

Either way, I think this team is close, despite its flaws. 3 impact players and some depth on defense in a single offseason as well as a running mate with OBJ and offensive line depth on the other side of the ball...I'll be a happy camper.

There are no quick fixes... The usual has to be looked out... Who's EARNING their paycheck... bloated contracts out of the door... and JR needs to be smarter about who to sign in FA.... Nassib is here to stay.. he's the heir apparent to Eli. We have a few stars... ODB, Rookie LT (that's his position and beatty can stay on the OL mabye at RT)...

Norman is 29 and having his first great season on a defense where everybody is clicking. Besides we can't shell out drc money twice on the other cb spot

Hmmm.. I was under the impression the dude is a newbie. Yea the Pathners have a great D and maybe Norman is benefitting from all of that.. granted, ODB man-handled him. (manhandling niggaz :ph34r: )

I don't want Alshon either. This offense doesn't need a possession receiver(assuming they stick with the WC theme.) I would like a speedster, draft Corey Coleman in round one

I think the offense is dying for a Tight End like Boss. I know some guys are high on 45 but I don't see it. Proof is Eli doesn't look for him too much.

What we really need is a stud LBer and a stud FS - and let Collins grow into his SS role. We should be quite OK if just these 2 things are addresses first. Cruz hopefully is fully fit next year. And Tye might just be able to grow into the TE role. But those 2 positions are where we are the weakest - and that's costing us games

The Giants are going to have around 50 million dollars of play money in the offseason. My hope is that they spend wisely on free agents. Pick up a couple of top end players instead of 10 mediocre players.

My wish list in FA:

- WR Alshon Jeffery (Bears) to compliment O'Dell

- DT/DE Mike Daniels (Packers) dominates the defensive line and wreaks havoc on an offensive line. If he isn't double teamed, he will throw you around like a toy in the way

- DT Marcell Dareus (Bills) 25 yrs old and arguably the best inside defensive lineman in the NFL

- RT Mitchell Schwartz (Browns) Geoffrey's younger brother. He is rated as the best RT in the NFL...and unlike his brother, stays healthy

- LB Justin Houston (Chiefs)

- FS Eric Weddle (Chargers) the only downside is his age (30), but he's fast, he's mean, and can cover the backside like no other safety

- SS Eric Berry (Chiefs)

-------------------------------------------

I'd be happy with two or three of those fellers and we will finally have the cash on hand to make a good play for their services. Granted, their current teams will go all out to keep them, but a few will test the market.

-------------------------------------------

On the "B" list of FA's, OG Marshall Yanda (Baltimore) is considered the best guard in the business and a perennial Pro-Bowler. I put him on the B-list because he's 30 years old.

I actually started putting my plan together a few nights ago. It isn't complete, because I haven't really looked towards the draft as of yet, but I definitely have some free agency targets.

QB - no changes

RB - None ATM... I'm willing to give Andre Williams 1 more year to get it right behind a OL that is actually worth a damn.

FB - Not sure

WR - We need to part ways with Randle and look heavily at Alshon Jeffery, Mohamed Sanu, and Marvin Jones. I want to see one of those 3 in a Giants uniform next season.

TE - Only one that jumps out to me right now is Ladarius Green (SAN)

LT - None because Flowers is my OL Hero

LG - None unless Pugh is moved back to RT

C - None

RG - Brandon Brooks (Houston) is young and has a mean streak. The problem I see with him is he lunges in his blocking sometimes, but that can be corrected with proper coaching.

RT - Give Beatty an option... Take this pay cut and move to RT or find work elsewhere. Haven't had the chance to look at any available RTs because Beatty and Pugh are still here.

DE - JPP needs to be brought back at a REASONABLE deal and we need to target someone like Olivier Vernon from Miami.

DT - Prior to him being elected to the Pro Bowl I was looking at Mo Wilkerson (NYJ) and I'd still test the waters for him. Other than that we need to look at Terrance Knighton (WAS).

OLB - My targets here (Bruce Irvin/Von Miller) are gonna be stupid expensive so this probably won't be fixed in free agency, but still... test the waters.

MLB - Unless we plan on moving Kennard here, we should look at Shea McClellan (CHI) and Derrick Johnson (KC). Johnson's downside is his age, but hey... I don't want to see Unga or Herzlich starting for this team anymore.

CB - Bring back Prince at a REASONABLE deal. Since he's taken a liking to allowing WRs to run free behind him recently he shouldn't be too expensive. Other targets are Patrick Robinson (SAN), Nolan Carroll (PHI) and Jerraud Powers (ARI)... None of which I believe will be here next year.

FS - My top targets here are Eric Weddle (SAN) and Eric Berry (KC). Berry is already making a lot and will probably be seeking more (Although with the cancer battle over he's lucky to be playing at all)... and Weddle is 30 so he's a stopgap to me. My backup plan... bring back my cousin, Walter Thurmond 3rd (PHI). As far as I know he's managed to stay healthy and out of trouble in Philly so why not bring him back?

K - Brown has done a good job except for missing 2 FGs over the last 3 weeks... one of which ended a game in a loss. Try to bring him back... if not Brandon McManus (DEN) and Justin Tucker (BAL) are both available and both really good options.

When I was constructing this list the thing that popped out to me was "How the hell are we going to afford these targets?" and then I realized that we are estimated to be $37.97M under the cap... and that's including money that's tied up in players that are not doing anything for us at the moment... Beatty, Cruz and Beason. According to Overthecap.com's Cap Calculator... releasing the 3 of them would give us an additional $15M to play around with (more if released after June 1st), bringing our total around $53M. Now the sentimental Giants fan in me doesn't wanna see us just start axing people, but the realisting and rational Giants fan in me knows that this is a business and that this roster is desperate for improvements, so those decisions might just need to be made.

I think the offense is dying for a Tight End like Boss. I know some guys are high on 45 but I don't see it. Proof is Eli doesn't look for him too much.

I would say 5-10 times a game is as much as anyone looks at a tight end...other than maybe Gronkowski and Olsen.

QB-No changes

RB-Would like a speedster back like Lamar Miller

OT-Cordy Glenn(BUF) Can play LT or RT

OG-Amini Silatolu(CAR) JR Sweezy(SEA) Alex Boone(SF) Vladmir Ducasse(CHI) many options here

WR-Jermaine Kearse(SEA) young and will come much cheaper Jeffery. Draft a slot WR.

TE-Not much in free agency. DRAFT A TE!

DE-Vinny Curry(PHI) Doesn't fit their scheme and still managed 9 sacks last year. Can be a monster in 4-3 where he played at Marshall. No to resigning JPP. Ayers yes. Draft one

DT-Nick Fairley(STL) B.J Raji(GB) Terrance Knighton(DEN) Ian Williams(SF) Draft one

CB-Janoris Jenkins(STL)

FS-Tashaun Gipson(CLE) 13 interceptions over the past three years for a defense that's never on the field

LB-Draft Reggie Ragland LB Alabama in round one

K-Justin Tucker would be fine or sticking with Brown would be fine

I would say 5-10 times a game is as much as anyone looks at a tight end...other than maybe Gronkowski and Olsen.

Eli has never been comfortable with a TE for some reason. I think that's why there's been no emphasis on it during the draft. Eli was awful when forcing the ball to Shockey early in his career. Still I would like one that can run the seam and be a decent safety valve

They don't draw up many plays to the tight end so a lot of times it seems the tight end is merely a check down. We are seeing them start to utilize Tye in the red zone though, which I like, and he has proven he can get open and hold onto the ball.

Gotta throw Witten in with that group. He has single handedly destroyed the Giants over and over and carries the team on his back as well as bails out Romo dozens of times each game.

Eli has never been comfortable with a TE for some reason. I think that's why there's been no emphasis on it during the draft. Eli was awful when forcing the ball to Shockey early in his career. Still I would like one that can run the seam and be a decent safety valve

I don't think that's true. And I don't think they draft for Ei's preference either. (Does he have something against LB's too?) I will say that they want TE"s who can block as well as they receive.