SportsWrath

OBJ suspended for 1 game

Iceman_NYG

There goes our offense against Minny :)

I was kind of expecting it after OBJ clearly lost his shit in the game.

But lots of crap coming out now - Panthers using homophobic slurs against him pregame and ingame, they were wielding baseball bats in pregame warmups and at one point Norman picked up the bat and came close to OBJ which needless to say - didn't go down well with him.

I can understand the kid's head. He is somebody who gives 100% at everything he does and he is used to winning. He is a bad loser yes and has not yet come to terms with losing. And for someone who is as emotional about the game and about his own abilities - I can understand how easy it is for people to get under his skin.

And on purely football terms - he did own Norman. He burned him on that long TD drop and he burned him on that TD grab as well. Too bad that the rest of the game was only bothered about getting in normans face the moment the ball was snapped. Its a learning curve yes and he shouldn't have lost his head. If only he had coolly and calmly burned Norman the way he made Sherman faceplant it would have been different. We don't even have to talk about the media hyping this shit up entirely.

There goes our offense against Minny :)

I was kind of expecting it after OBJ clearly lost his shit in the game.

But lots of crap coming out now - Panthers using homophobic slurs against him pregame and ingame, they were wielding baseball bats in pregame warmups and at one point Norman picked up the bat and came close to OBJ which needless to say - didn't go down well with him.

I can understand the kid's head. He is somebody who gives 100% at everything he does and he is used to winning. He is a bad loser yes and has not yet come to terms with losing. And for someone who is as emotional about the game and about his own abilities - I can understand how easy it is for people to get under his skin.

And on purely football terms - he did own Norman. He burned him on that long TD drop and he burned him on that TD grab as well. Too bad that the rest of the game was only bothered about getting in Norman's face the moment the ball was snapped. Its a learning curve yes and he shouldn't have lost his head. If only he had coolly and calmly burned Norman the way he made Sherman faceplant it would have been different. We don't even have to talk about the media hyping this shit up entirely.

Well said.

OBJ deserved the suspension. Norman deserves some fines.

Homophobic slurs??? Please...if I had a dollar for every time the word 'fag' or some derivation of it was used on the football field in one week of the season, it'd likely make a mortgage payment for me.

I think the slurs might mean something to him.

My theory is Odell and Landry are in gay love together and Odell is just confused and Norman got into his head a little. With the baseball bats too, that clearly shook Odell up and imo was foul play by carolina and the refs didn't do shit.

The NFL has guys walking the warmups making sure every player is wearing proper socks etc... But they can't see anyone using a baseball bat as aggregated assault against obj in pregame? Haha the NFL, enjoy it while it's still here

I do agree that props during warmups are fucking stupid.

What Im not getting is how Norman is completely isolating himself from the whole thing. If anything, he instigated the whole shit right at the outset when he threw OBJ to the ground in the first drive itself. It all went downhill right after that. For some reason the media is treating him like he is the second coming of the illegitimate child of the Buddha and Mahatma Gandhi!! WTF!

What Im not getting is how Norman is completely isolating himself from the whole thing. If anything, he instigated the whole shit right at the outset when he threw OBJ to the ground in the first drive itself. It all went downhill right after that. For some reason the media is treating him like he is the second coming of the illegitimate child of the Buddha and Mahatma Gandhi!! WTF!

The guy who throws the first punch if never the one who gets caught.

It was clear that Norman and the Panthers in general, were playing to OBJs weakness of not liking to be played physically, OBJ threw the "second punch" and was the ones the refs/NFL had their eyes on.

If anything it will be an learning thing for Beckham (hopefully) he needs to realize he's a smaller-ish WR whos going to get pushed around by the NFLs new prototype of physically, long armed CBs.

He just needs to realize to keep grinding away until he breaks their ankles and blows by them for a TD, instead of letting it get to his head.

He's young, and has many many many more great catches as a Giant in him, he'll either learn or be playing for some other team in a couple years.