SportsWrath

Is Tom Coughlin oblivious?

Storm

This speaks volumes about the veteran leadership on the team...nobody went up to OBJ and told him to chill out? Supposedly Eli said something to him a couple times...but when a player is that jazzed up, you need to grab his facemask and tell him to sit down and cool off. Whether that's the coaches, the linemen, someone...the kid needed to be woken up and snapped out of his funk.

Glad he got suspended. Hopefully it's a wake up call for the rest of his career.

I think our rookie LT should have been the man to do it.. no one else on the O including Eli has what it takes.

I can't blame TC for the issues this team has, yeah he's made mistakes but the talent on the field is so average compared to many teams. he gets more out of this group of depth than most could ever get. you can't be plugging holes all year and expect much. look how Brady struggled when Edelman and Grunk were out, the starters are starters for a reason.

I can't blame TC for the issues this team has, yeah he's made mistakes but the talent on the field is so average compared to many teams. he gets more out of this group of depth than most could ever get. you can't be plugging holes all year and expect much. look how Brady struggled when Edelman and Grunk were out, the starters are starters for a reason.

This is true and as Storm said, we've been playing the "depth" as starters all year. I mean shit, Will Tye is the third string TE and he's been starting for five weeks.

However, when your conditioning guy has been consistently bad since 20 years ago when you were coaching in Jacksonville, maybe it's time for a change. That's on Coughlin.

Its like the saying - if you have 3 Running Backs - It means you dont have ANY!

Thats what we have been doing at every position. Talking depth when actually every single one of them cant fucking swim in the shallow end of the pool. Whats the point in have 4 guys who are all pretty much shit. They cant all 4 play the same position on the same play now can they??

I have said some things when I was pretty upset after a loss, but I really think the failures of this team will not be solved by firing Tom. That is not a good enough reason to not fire him, though... the real question is, can Tom be part of the solution? I think he can. Despite all the circumstances and the tough losses, this team never quit. They gave the Panthers and Patriots all they wanted and narrowly missed wins against the best teams in each conference. Except for the Eagles' game, the Giants were in each game, with a chance to win right up to the end. You can't fly so close to the sun and expect to not get burned every week, and Tom has to take some responsibility for that... this team has a real problem with putting teams away... staying aggressive and putting that final nail in the coffin, or at least managing the clock properly to achieve the same effect. That's on Tom, McAdoo (playcalling), and Eli. However, I do believe Tom is the right guy to turn this around... IF HE WANTS TO. I think he will want to come back, I do. But he has to have the energy and vigor to want that for longer than just next year. At his age, he has the most energy and vigor of anyone I know. But it's a conversation to be had with Mara and Tisch.

I think the real problem with this team is in and under Reese's department. I think we need a shakeup at the scouting level. The Finding Giants series was at times, head scratching. Remember the scout who wanted to go to the really small school because they laid out a nice candy spread? I mean, come on! You only have so many visits in so many weeks to go evaluate players. Reese, Marc Ross, and staff have been nothing less than stellar with their picks in the first round, however. And they have shaped a Super Bowl winning team. But there have been far too many misses throughout the rest of the draft, and it shows in the lack of talent with this roster, especially when your team building strategy has been draft-centric. Which leads me to my next point... I believe that an even bigger criticism of Reese is the opportunity cost of not using free agency as effectively as he should. There have been good players out there that don't break the bank he has passed on. Look at our safety position... he HAD to try to get SOMEONE to come in... I realize he missed on McCourty. But you can't break camp hoping and praying that Bennett Jackson and an unheralded rookie in Mykelle Thompson will be solutions.

I have before and will again give him credit for Dwayne Harris. I thought it was a good signing at the time, even for the money, and I still do. Harris has been very good for this team and could be even better if Cruz can never get back. But I think the Giants needed another veteran receiver (not James Jones), as well as linebacker and running back. What it all adds up to is that Reese seems to try and build a roster that is "just good enough", patching holes here and there, but not making the aggressive moves in free agency or finding the good players throughout the draft to build this team, and it's a multi-year problem at this point.

I would look to see if someone under Ted Thompson in Green Bay or maybe Director of Player Personnel Nick Caserio in New England might want a promotion.

But again, I do think the coaching staff we have in place CAN win as currently constituted, and by win I mean 10+ win seasons. I do think as the season progressed the offense did get better, and that is a positive you can take into next year. And if the defense can get some players, I'm sure that they will also improve. But nobody can deny that this team played very hard for this coaching staff.

There are two glaring problems with this team:

1. Reese has not gotten enough quality players.

2. Jerry Palmieris conditioning program ruins what good players Reese does get.

Firing Coughlin solves one of the problems. It's time for him to go.

The S&C program isn't great, but part of that falls on Reese as well. He's gone out and drafted/signed players that were injured elsewhere. Odighizuwa for example was granted a medical redshirt at UCLA for missing the entire 2013 season and low and behold misses his entire rookie season. Your Reese you have to stay away from these guys

The S&C program isn't great, but part of that falls on Reese as well. He's gone out and drafted/signed players that were injured elsewhere. Odighizuwa for example was granted a medical redshirt at UCLA for missing the entire 2013 season and low and behold misses his entire rookie season. Your Reese you have to stay away from these guys

seems like everyone gets injured at UCLA. Does Palmieri consult there?

They are so desperate for a pass rushing DE that I don't see them going linebacker in the first at all. And if they didn't, they may need a corner (if Prince leaves via FA), and they will also need a WR to replace Randle. I think the first round will be one of those positions or DT, and linebacker maybe they look in free agency as they've done before. Really wish Kennard could put a healthy season together so we could see what he is really capable of.

They are so desperate for a pass rushing DE that I don't see them going linebacker in the first at all. And if they didn't, they may need a corner (if Prince leaves via FA), and they will also need a WR to replace Randle. I think the first round will be one of those positions or DT, and linebacker maybe they look in free agency as they've done before. Really wish Kennard could put a healthy season together so we could see what he is really capable of.

I could see them signing a Vincent Rey in free agency. The draft is deep at DE were they can get one in round two or three. I wouldn't think they would want to start a rookie corner. I think it may be a NT to pair with Hankins