SportsWrath

Is Tom Coughlin oblivious?

Storm

His stance is that he had no idea that Beckham Jr. racked up all 3 UR and the OPI fouls. What other 13 do you know? How do you not see that Beckham and Norman are going at it after literally every play?

This has to be an outright lie to the media. If not, Coughlin has no idea what is going on during games.

And Beckham Jr. needs to come out and verbalize that he went too far. Because he did and the only way to grow from this is to admit when you're wrong. Norman didn't take it to the level Beckham did, I don't care what was said or what threats were made.

Right now, Beckham comes off as the pampered athlete who melts down when there is no one to handle him and when things aren't going his way. He has literally handed every team the blueprint to controlling him and minimizing his impact.

His stance is that he had no idea that Beckham Jr. racked up all 3 UR and the OPI fouls. What other 13 do you know? How do you not see that Beckham and Norman are going at it after literally every play?

This has to be an outright lie to the media. If not, Coughlin has no idea what is going on during games.

I'm not sure what's going on either. Remember when Plax Burress was benched for a quarter because he skipped a meeting? Where's that fucking Coughlin?

Coughlin benched Bradshaw against the Cowboys in 2011 for a half in a must win game because Bradshaw was late to a meeting. Of course, we had Nicks, Cruz and Manningham to pick up the slack that day.

In 2015 we have Beckham and um...uh......well.....jeee.....Will Tye?

Coughlin's protecting his player, and I think after yesterday's debacle...he's a goner.

And Beckham Jr. needs to come out and verbalize that he went too far. Because he did and the only way to grow from this is to admit when you're wrong. Norman didn't take it to the level Beckham did, I don't care what was said or what threats were made.

Right now, Beckham comes off as the pampered athlete who melts down when there is no one to handle him and when things aren't going his way. He has literally handed every team the blueprint to controlling him and minimizing his impact.

Eli should've been the one to reign him in... but we all know that's not Eli...

This speaks volumes about the veteran leadership on the team...nobody went up to OBJ and told him to chill out? Supposedly Eli said something to him a couple times...but when a player is that jazzed up, you need to grab his facemask and tell him to sit down and cool off. Whether that's the coaches, the linemen, someone...the kid needed to be woken up and snapped out of his funk.

Glad he got suspended. Hopefully it's a wake up call for the rest of his career.

This speaks volumes about the veteran leadership on the team...nobody went up to OBJ and told him to chill out? Supposedly Eli said something to him a couple times...but when a player is that jazzed up, you need to grab his facemask and tell him to sit down and cool off. Whether that's the coaches, the linemen, someone...the kid needed to be woken up and snapped out of his funk.

Glad he got suspended. Hopefully it's a wake up call for the rest of his career.

yeah, this. This team is going nowhere anyway, let Beckham pay his stupid tax now rather than in the midst of a run.

yeah, this. This team is going nowhere anyway, let Beckham pay his stupid tax now rather than in the midst of a run.

Yep, the timing couldn't be better, do it now because it really doesn't matter the way things are going. plus there may be a chance we might win without him too. I'm already set for next year anyway.

I love TC and the way he brings back fond memories of the old days of football when coaches like Landry cut his best player (Hollywood Henderson) during the middle of the season without as much as getting a compensatory draft pick in return. He basically warned him, then cut his ass. That was the toughest move I've ever seen from a coach - and Landry was one of the greatest coaches in history right up there with Lombardi. Hard to believe that the Giants had both Tom Landry (defensive coordinator) and Vince Lombardi (offensive coordinator) running the team. But that's neither here nor there.

Not saying we should cut Odell - never! Odell hasn't been given an ultimatum the way Landry gave one to Henderson. Odell will come around. He's still a kid dealing with instant fame. He just needs to grow up.

But TC is old school. TC has also grown old and lacks the spark of his younger years. He should announce his retirement before the team has a chance to fire him. Enjoy the family and spend some of the millions in his bank account, travel, see the world, take up a hobby, and enjoy the golden years. He will be back to be enshrined in the Hall of Fame as well as honored by the Giants' front office. Soak it up Tom before you go one more year and the people despise you.

That was the guy everyone wanted fired in 2006

Because he was too harsh; being benched for 5 minutes late is ridiculous. There has to be a middle ground and OBJ deserved to be benched after the second ULC penalty what to speak of the third. It's clear that the patients are running the asylum here and that will probably be what is going to cost Coughlin his job.

Coughlin benched Bradshaw against the Cowboys in 2011 for a half in a must win game because Bradshaw was late to a meeting. Of course, we had Nicks, Cruz and Manningham to pick up the slack that day.

In 2015 we have Beckham and um...uh......well.....jeee.....Will Tye?

Coughlin's protecting his player, and I think after yesterday's debacle...he's a goner.

If you lose to the Vikes, I think he's history. Sean Peyton will be looking for work next year. I would not want to see him in New York.