SportsWrath

Odell Beckham JR playing tough

osi724dasack

LOL, people don't make decisions in slow motion. It was a reckless play, it deserved a flag, but its a hell of an accusation to say that he had some sort of 'intent', like we're talking about Jack Tatum or Albert Haynesworth.

I never said he made the decision in slo mo.

I never said he made the decision in slo mo.

okay, then why are you watching the play in slow motion to figure out what his intent was?

Things look different in slow motion; it can appear in slow motion that people are reacting to things that they couldn't possibly react to in real time. That's why officials do not look at replays in slow motion, they're very misleading.

How do you know he's not capable of being the next tatum or haynesworth?

LOL, well obviously we can't know that. I'm laughing because its such a stupid point... how do we know he's not capable? Sheesh. Anybody is capable of anything, its not like we can read minds and know with certainty what is going on in somebody's head.

But those guys you're putting Beckham in league with, they had a history of trying to hurt people on the field, over and over again..... Man, I really hope that is not him. And until I see him just go after somebody for no reason, I'm going to have to give him the benefit of the doubt.

Granted he should have handled himself far better against the Panthers, but its not like they didn't give him reason for flipping out. They told him in no uncertain terms pre-game that, not only were they going to play him physical, they were going to try to injure him. And that is every bit as low class and outside the bounds of the game as the play which eventually got Beckham suspended. (You may recall the Saints losing a draft pick for that kind of thing. I see Ron Rivera has not grown much from his days with Buddy Ryan.)

Unfortunately, Beckham's conduct is probably just going to encourage the next team to do more of the same.... dude needs to learn from this, desperately.

okay, then why are you watching the play in slow motion to figure out what his intent was?

Things look different in slow motion; it can appear in slow motion that people are reacting to things that they couldn't possibly react to in real time. That's why officials do not look at replays in slow motion, they're very misleading.

LOL, well obviously we can't know that. I'm laughing because its such a stupid point... how do we know he's not capable? Sheesh. Anybody is capable of anything, its not like we can read minds and know with certainty what is going on in somebody's head.

But those guys you're putting Beckham in league with, they had a history of trying to hurt people on the field, over and over again..... Man, I really hope that is not him. And until I see him just go after somebody for no reason, I'm going to have to give him the benefit of the doubt.

Granted he should have handled himself far better against the Panthers, but its not like they didn't give him reason for flipping out. They told him in no uncertain terms pre-game that, not only were they going to play him physical, they were going to try to injure him. And that is every bit as low class and outside the bounds of the game as the play which eventually got Beckham suspended. (You may recall the Saints losing a draft pick for that kind of thing. I see Ron Rivera has not grown much from his days with Buddy Ryan.)

Unfortunately, Beckham's conduct is probably just going to encourage the next team to do more of the same.... dude needs to learn from this, desperately.

It wasn't a stupid point because it wasn't a point i was making, i asked you a question. You brought those guys up for some reason.

Actually watching it in slow motion allows me to make my point. I am aware about the refs and what they see and don't see,but do you think merton hanks didnt slow the film down on monday when watching.

Jordan Raanan @JordanRaanan 1m1 minute ago

Brad Wing: It was a legitimate threat ... he was on our side of the field #Giants

Paul Schwartz @NYPost_Schwartz 41s42 seconds ago

Brad Wing said he heard Panthers practice squad player holding bat tell Odell "I will be the reason you don't play today."

Ralph Vacchiano @RVacchianoNYDN 23s23 seconds ago

Wing characterized it as "a legitimate threat" that started when Beckham offered his hand and the bat-wielding Panther refused to shake it.

It wasn't a stupid point because it wasn't a point i was making, i asked you a question. You brought those guys up for some reason.

I see. Personally, when I ask a rhetorical question, there's a point in there somewhere. If there is no point, then you're better off not asking the question.

Actually watching it in slow motion allows me to make my point. I am aware about the refs and what they see and don't see,but do you think merton hanks didnt slow the film down on monday when watching.

No, it really doesn't. If you want to see if somebody stepped out of bounds then slow motion is a valid tool, but any kind of judgement call can only be evaluated at real speed; I highly doubt they were slowing film down at NFL headquarters because that runs contrary to their stated policy - they do not use slow motion.

Paul Schwartz @NYPost_Schwartz 41s42 seconds ago

Brad Wing said he heard Panthers practice squad player holding bat tell Odell "I will be the reason you don't play today."

Well, he was almost right.... he will be the reason he doesn't play this Sunday.

On the bright side, I think we've just witnessed the beginning of a fun rivalry...

It's too bad we have to wait every, what, two years to see the rivarly?

Every three years they play the NFC South. Unless they finish the same spot in each divsion. Carolina is trendings upwards and the Giants downwards so that's not happening

I see. Personally, when I ask a rhetorical question, there's a point in there somewhere. If there is no point, then you're better off not asking the question.

No, it really doesn't. If you want to see if somebody stepped out of bounds then slow motion is a valid tool, but any kind of judgement call can only be evaluated at real speed; I highly doubt they were slowing film down at NFL headquarters because that runs contrary to their stated policy - they do not use slow motion.

Well, he was almost right.... he will be the reason he doesn't play this Sunday.

On the bright side, I think we've just witnessed the beginning of a fun rivalry...

I asked you a question, to get an answer from you. That's the purpose of the question. If I was making a point, I say something to the effect of" the point is".

But let's forget slow motion, if you want to tell me that the league doesn't use slow motion, or you highly doubt they use it, or whether deep down you believe they do but don't want to admit it at this point, doesn't matter. It's not a crackback, and you can play this at high speed or crawl speed and at the 7 second mark, Beckham launches himself and turns his head into Norman. And again at the 1.23 mark. It's not even a discussion.

Anyway he got what he deserved today.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=--pKgz6_Gb8

It's too bad we have to wait every, what, two years to see the rivarly?

You know what would be amazing... as unlikely a pipe dream as it maybe?

The Giants make the playoffs... catch fire and have a rematch with the Panthers in January... Kindda the same way we rematched the Patriots in the SB... only this time we get to rematch the Patriots for the 3rd time in the SB. Unlikely... but is still a possibility...