SportsWrath

Cooper...

Nas

Unless fans watch the All-22 then I am always skeptical of their evaluations of safety play. I'll say this about Collins.... He looks the part... Is a hell of a tackler, and has been terrific in run support. Because that is what he is... An in the box safety. So is Meriweather. Our struggle this year is finding a deep safety. I think the Giants were hoping Mykelle Thompson was that guy, or they'd luck out with one of the other young guys... Maybe Bennett Jackson. We'll have to wait until next year for those guys.

A couple people on the board have the NFL Armchair Probowler package. They watch all 22, get the play call prior to the snap as well instant playback after the play to show what should have been done. :rimshot:

Unless fans watch the All-22 then I am always skeptical of their evaluations of safety play. I'll say this about Collins.... He looks the part... Is a hell of a tackler, and has been terrific in run support. Because that is what he is... An in the box safety. So is Meriweather. Our struggle this year is finding a deep safety. I think the Giants were hoping Mykelle Thompson was that guy, or they'd luck out with one of the other young guys... Maybe Bennett Jackson. We'll have to wait until next year for those guys.

yeah, its one of those positions that usually only get noticed when they get burned.

No. I'm good.

Really? You're telling me that Collins and Meriweather were better starting safety options than Rolle and Collins? Pass me a hit of whatever you're smoking. The fact of the matter is that the Giants have completely botched the safety position (and LB, and TE).