SportsWrath

What do you call a QB

Allstarjim

I think anyone with more passing yards than Dan Fouts is better than somewhat above average.

I know it's another shit season, but don't be too hard on Eli. He and Coughlin are the last 2 Ernie hires.... Reese took a playoff ready team and after 9 seasons they now blow.

Not diminishing the whole of his career.... This is about why he really hasn't been playing at his old level now for at least several seasons... But he has compiled stats. Efficiency, QBR... Those numbers are pedestrian... That he has never missed a game, again, a feather in his cap, definitely helps to compile career numbers. Again, Going on year 5 with no playoffs (probably).

And he's playing a least on the same level and maybe even better right now than in any of his past years. For instance, in 2011, the last Super Bowl year, Eli had a post season QB rating of 103.3. During the 2011 regular season, the rating was 92.9. Right now he's at 91.6 - with all the weaknesses around him. Don't worry about Eli. His skills have not diminished.

I blame a few things

1.) Reuben Randle

2.) The O Line Needs more time and 1-2 more pieces (starter and vet backup) Beatty 1 more shot.

3.) Victor Cruz

That's offense

1.) Jon Beason / Reese

2.) JPP situation

3.) the safety's / Reese (Colllins looks average so far, but I beleive in him)

That said everyone stays put for another year, let Reese make the final touches on the OLine and use the cap room he created. I'm confident Reese/Coughlin can snag another top flight #2 WR to compliment Beckham in a number of situations. They have both showed incredible eyes for talent at this position over the last decade.

Yeah, playing from behind will pad your passing stats like that, but they lost anyway. the loss of Edelman and Gronk is making him look average right now.

There's nothing 'average' about a 300+ yard 3 TD game when your top two receivers are out. That's 'elite'.

what do you call a QB who goes 27/31 for 337 yards, 4 tds, 0 ints, with the season on the line?

with an o-line my fiancée so eloquently put it last night: "why doesn't eli have as much time to look around as the other quarterbacks, he needs more time to look around."

Hey look... I fully expected a great game from Eli against the Dolphins. And he delivered. But he needs to keep this going against tough opponents like we will have the next three weeks, so let's see how that works out. I don't have confidence that it's going to go well.

You mean let's see him have a big game when they can't run the ball, nobody is getting open and he has no time to throw? Like any QB or any player, for that matter, you have to put a guy in position where he has a chance to make plays. Give Eli a chance and he'll make plays.

You mean let's see him have a big game when they can't run the ball, nobody is getting open and he has no time to throw? Like any QB or any player, for that matter, you have to put a guy in position where he has a chance to make plays. Give Eli a chance and he'll make plays.

You have to make the throws when things aren't perfect. And I know what you're saying, things are far, FAR from perfect... but he still needs to make plays in those scenarios and this year he hasn't done that well at that.