SportsWrath

What do you call a QB

Allstarjim

I agree he's not Brady, Peyton or Aaron Rodgers - those guys are all time greats - but how many of the other QBs outside of the top 10 can you win a Super Bowl with - twice? And he was MVP both times, to boot!

I don't think he deserved the MVP the first time around...I'd give that one collectively to the defense.

I don't think he deserved the MVP the first time around...I'd give that one collectively to the defense.

I thought that at first, and I'm not really going to fault you for having that opinion.

But without Eli and that final drive, that's the defense that almost stopped Tom Brady and the undefeated greatest team ever patriots.

I personally don't have a problem with him getting that first mvp.

It's splitting hairs...

Plax was so wide open on the TD that I could've thrown that ball. And the Tyree catch was as much a chuck and pray from Eli as it was a purposeful, directed, and planned play. Was Eli clutch in those final moments, yeah I suppose he was. But he's done plenty in the years since to undo that clutch title...this season specifically.

It's splitting hairs...

Plax was so wide open on the TD that I could've thrown that ball. And the Tyree catch was as much a chuck and pray from Eli as it was a purposeful, directed, and planned play. Was Eli clutch in those final moments, yeah I suppose he was. But he's done plenty in the years since to undo that clutch title...this season specifically.

Eli still has one of, if not the most 4th quarter comebacks in nfl history.

But yeah I don't think they ever give the mvp award to a group of players.

Besides Fitzgerald, name them.

Well, thats not a fair question for me.... my cousin plays receiver for Arizona, he's been on and off the bottom of their roster this year, so I've followed them a little more closely than most other teams.

But Floyd is a solid #2, Gresham is a good receiving TE, they have a few good receivers coming out of the backfield. And there's three or so guys off the bench that are good 3rd and 4th receivers.

It's splitting hairs...

I really don't care about an MVP award. it's a team sport and one can't do it without the other. I think when we all look back in a decade, we'll wish we still had TC and Eli on our team.

Well, thats not a fair question for me.... my cousin plays receiver for Arizona, he's been on and off the bottom of their roster this year, so I've followed them a little more closely than most other teams.

But Floyd is a solid #2, Gresham is a good receiving TE, they have a few good receivers coming out of the backfield. And there's three or so guys off the bench that are good 3rd and 4th receivers.

Every time I see the Cardinals, that kid John Brown is making plays. He's on pace for over 1,000 yards

Soooo tired of talking about what happened five and eight years ago. Guys, bottom line it... We are looking at five seasons in a row of not making the playoffs.

You can talk about shortcomings. Every team has them to some degree. Big Ben's offensive line is not good right now. They are winning games.

Rodgers run game hasn't been there either, the defense has been suspect, qnd the receivers have sorely missed Nelson to the degree that McCarthy is looking for answers from guys named Janis and Abbrederis(sp?). That team is 8-4 because they have a QB that will do whatever it takes to make plays, whatever it takes to get that next first down, or get that 3rd down conversion.

Eli used to have that... That swagger if you will. Honestly say what you want about Randle (and he is mediocre to put it kindly), but Eli has enough on this team to have the Giants in first place with a comfortable lead in this division.

Somebody said who else is out there? My answer is you have to start to think about the future if your $80 mil plus QB is playing at a mediocre, game-manager level. Honestly I believe Nassib coupd do at least as well as Eli has played this year. And nothing against what Eli has accomplished... He is an all-time Giant, legacy secured. But 5 seasons in a row of not making the playoffs and really not able to beat any teams with winning records to speak of... It's unacceptable and has to be addressed right now.

Soooo tired of talking about what happened five and eight years ago. Guys, bottom line it... We are looking at five seasons in a row of not making the playoffs.

You can talk about shortcomings. Every team has them to some degree. Big Ben's offensive line is not good right now. They are winning games.

Rodgers run game hasn't been there either, the defense has been suspect, qnd the receivers have sorely missed Nelson to the degree that McCarthy is looking for answers from guys named Janis and Abbrederis(sp?). That team is 8-4 because they have a QB that will do whatever it takes to make plays, whatever it takes to get that next first down, or get that 3rd down conversion.

Eli used to have that... That swagger if you will. Honestly say what you want about Randle (and he is mediocre to put it kindly), but Eli has enough on this team to have the Giants in first place with a comfortable lead in this division.

Somebody said who else is out there? My answer is you have to start to think about the future if your $80 mil plus QB is playing at a mediocre, game-manager level. Honestly I believe Nassib coupd do at least as well as Eli has played this year. And nothing against what Eli has accomplished... He is an all-time Giant, legacy secured. But 5 seasons in a row of not making the playoffs and really not able to beat any teams with winning records to speak of... It's unacceptable and has to be addressed right now.

Jim, I very much enjoyed meeting and having a beer with you and your family and friends before the Tampa bay game. You're a helluva nice guy and I hope we can do it again......but this might be the all time most ridiculous statement ever written on this board!

You're right, but about the time the team starts looking like it's getting better, we lose players and it's plugging holes all the time. I think that has a lot to do with it.

Jim, I very much enjoyed meeting and having a beer with you and your family and friends before the Tampa bay game. You're a helluva nice guy and I hope we can do it again......but this might be the all time most ridiculous statement ever written on this board!

Like I've said the guys usually one of the better Giants posters here but he's currently in a crisis and needs to take a walk and smoke a pack of cigs. I love Jim, again great poster, but his opinions Eli and now Nassib just seem like a hyperbolic reaction from an otherwise knowledgable fan. I agree tho, it was a jackstroud esq statement and yes a normal sane fan.

Eli is still elite. That's It. Case closed.

We haven't made the playoffs in 5 years for a number of reasons. Eli isn't why.

Like I've said the guys usually one of the better Giants posters here but he's currently in a crisis and needs to take a walk and smoke a pack of cigs. I love Jim, again great poster, but his opinions Eli and now Nassib just seem like a hyperbolic reaction from an otherwise knowledgable fan. I agree tho, it was a jackstroud esq statement and yes a normal sane fan.

Eli is still elite. That's It. Case closed.

We haven't made the playoffs in 5 years for a number of reasons. Eli isn't why.

But he has been part of the problem. he gets the ball on every play and has made some bad decisions over the years.

Every QB makes bad decisions, some just make them more often than others. And I'm unconvinced that Eli makes the big mistake that much more frequently than any other QB except for a very, very short list.

And just saying, but when your football opinions align with MY WIFE'S football opinions, you need to take a long hard look at the way you're thinking. All this anti-Eli stuff?... she's right there with you, verbatim in some cases. And she has no clue what she's talking about, she only marginally understands the game. So....

Every QB makes bad decisions, some just make them more often than others. And I'm unconvinced that Eli makes the big mistake that much more frequently than any other QB except for a very, very short list.

And just saying, but when your football opinions align with MY WIFE'S football opinions, you need to take a long hard look at the way you're thinking. All this anti-Eli stuff?... she's right there with you, verbatim in some cases. And she has no clue what she's talking about, she only marginally understands the game. So....

Lmao at the wife's opinion thing lol.

I can relate to that a little as well.

Eli still has one of, if not the most 4th quarter comebacks in nfl history.

But yeah I don't think they ever give the mvp award to a group of players.

He also has the most red zone picks.

And i dont think he is anywhere near the most in NFL history. He hasnt even had one in quite a while.

It isnt though. Nassib has shown that he can run this offense. He is a better fit for the style of offense, as well.

You're right, but about the time the team starts looking like it's getting better, we lose players and it's plugging holes all the time. I think that has a lot to do with it.

That is every team in the league, though.

I can't say I've seen enough out of Nassib to agree with that comment, but hell, another loss and I'm giving him the same on-field interview that I'd be giving McAdoo.