SportsWrath

SEVEN IN A ROW

BadEgg

I think the Giants are capable of winning the next 3 (@Wash, Jets, @Miami)...putting them at 8-5.

I think the Redskins can go 1-2 over the next 3 (L - Giants, L - Dallas, W - @ Chicago)...putting them at 5-8

I think the Eagles can go 2-1 over the next 3 (W - Detroit, L- New England, W - Buffalo)...putting them at 6-7

I think the Cowboys go 2-1 over the next 3 (L - Carolina, W - @ Washington, W - @ Green Bay)...putting them at 5-8

But then it kinda flips for the Giants because the final 3 games seem to favor the rest of the division.

• Giants will have Carolina, @ Minnesota, and Philadelphia to wrap up the season. If the Giants win just 1 of these 3, I think they take the division at 9-7...especially if that win is over Philadelphia. If they wrap up 9-7 and lose to Philadelphia in that final game, it'll get significantly tighter. Realistically, I think the Giants top out at 9-7.
  • Redskins have Buffalo, @ Philadelphia, @ Dallas for their final 3 games. Two away division games to end the season is rough for any team in the league. Further, Buffalo isn't a walkover. Even with a positive look at it, I see the Redskins winning 2 of those, at most...so Redskins top out at 8-8.
  • Eagles have Arizona, Washington, @Giants to wrap up the year. I think given their performance this past Sunday, they're going to be hard pressed to beat Arizona, but they'll beat Washington. If that puts them at 7-8 when they play the potentially 8-7 Giants...the game would be for the division and I'd expect the Eagles to fight for it.
  • Cowboys final 3 are probably the easiest of the bunch with Jets, @Buffalo, Washington. If they win those - they could easily wrap up the year 8-8 with a 4-2 division record...sweeping Washington and splitting with both the Giants and Eagles.

I guess the moral of the story is that it's anybody's division still.

Cowboys have most pressure to essentially win out to get back in the overall record race. The big tests are Carolina and Green Bay. Cowboys could lose 1 of the two, but certainly not both. Two division games against Washington seem like Cowboys wins, but division games are never easy.

Redskins probably have the easiest 6 games remaining...but 4 division games could argue otherwise.

Giants...need to win 3 games with two of those being against Washington and Philadelphia. Do that, and pick up 1 from Jets, @Miami, Carolina, or @Minnesota - and the division is pretty much locked up I'd think...even if they went 8-8.

Eagles have the toughest 6 games remaining with 2 division games, @ New England, and Arizona lined up for them. I think the best case scenario for them there is winning 3 of those 4...but more likely they lose 3 of those 4.

I think the Giants are capable of winning the next 3 (@Wash, Jets, @Miami)...putting them at 8-5.

I think the Redskins can go 1-2 over the next 3 (L - Giants, L - Dallas, W - @ Chicago)...putting them at 5-8

I think the Eagles can go 2-1 over the next 3 (W - Detroit, L- New England, W - Buffalo)...putting them at 6-7

I think the Cowboys go 2-1 over the next 3 (L - Carolina, W - @ Washington, W - @ Green Bay)...putting them at 5-8

But then it kinda flips for the Giants because the final 3 games seem to favor the rest of the division.

• Giants will have Carolina, @ Minnesota, and Philadelphia to wrap up the season. If the Giants win just 1 of these 3, I think they take the division at 9-7...especially if that win is over Philadelphia. If they wrap up 9-7 and lose to Philadelphia in that final game, it'll get significantly tighter. Realistically, I think the Giants top out at 9-7.
  • Redskins have Buffalo, @ Philadelphia, @ Dallas for their final 3 games. Two away division games to end the season is rough for any team in the league. Further, Buffalo isn't a walkover. Even with a positive look at it, I see the Redskins winning 2 of those, at most...so Redskins top out at 8-8.
  • Eagles have Arizona, Washington, @Giants to wrap up the year. I think given their performance this past Sunday, they're going to be hard pressed to beat Arizona, but they'll beat Washington. If that puts them at 7-8 when they play the potentially 8-7 Giants...the game would be for the division and I'd expect the Eagles to fight for it.
  • Cowboys final 3 are probably the easiest of the bunch with Jets, @Buffalo, Washington. If they win those - they could easily wrap up the year 8-8 with a 4-2 division record...sweeping Washington and splitting with both the Giants and Eagles.

Cowboys have most pressure to essentially win out to get back in the overall record race. The big tests are Carolina and Green Bay. Cowboys could lose 1 of the two, but certainly not both. Two division games against Washington seem like Cowboys wins, but division games are never easy.

Redskins probably have the easiest 6 games remaining...but 4 division games could argue otherwise.

Giants...need to win 3 games with two of those being against Washington and Philadelphia. Do that, and pick up 1 from Jets, @Miami, Carolina, or @Minnesota - and the division is pretty much locked up I'd think...even if they went 8-8.

Eagles have the toughest 6 games remaining with 2 division games, @ New England, and Arizona lined up for them. I think the best case scenario for them there is winning 3 of those 4...but more likely they lose 3 of those 4.

I think the Skins beat the boys and the Eagles.... For sure though giving away those first 2 games is coming back to bite us in the ass.

The Eagles are falling apart down here ... the team is revolting, the City wants Chip fired

I will be surprised if they win another game this season

Dallas needs to lose this Thursday to put some distance away from us. I think Washington is a fraud and will fall apart

I tried looking at each team with a best case scenario for that team with a dose of reality sprinkled in here and there....to ultimately try to determine what will be necessary for the Giants to take the division.

That's your problem right there :rules:

:flex:ONE down, six to go.

My primary concern is that the Giants win 10. Surprised that more of you midget fans don't seem to think that will happen.

Let's see with 6 games to go... we can win 4 more.. but we know our Giants... we like nail biters lol.

:flex:ONE down, six to go.

My primary concern is that the Giants win 10. Surprised that more of you midget fans don't seem to think that will happen.

Its called realism.

And so goddamn lucky you get Carolina.... at home.... on Thanksgiving. Any other day and I'd assume that would send Dallas to 3-8.

LOL! The Giants got NE at home and where did that get them?

Interestingly, by this logic, Troy Aikman's Cowboys should have never won in SF.

The Cowboys will beat the Panthers in Texas, in Carolina, in NY, in the parking lot...because the Cowboys are the BETTER team.

really dude, the Giants played New England at home on Thanksgiving? Sheesh.... I never paid much attention, but now I'm starting to see why everybody here always says how stupid you are.

Getting in on the Thanksgiving games was a great football decision..... hosting that game every year is a huge advantage for the Cowboys and Lions. Almost a sure win by hosting a game on the extra short week, plus its like half a bye week.

The NFL should really start spreading that around.

Really, Crazed Dog!? It's not enough that the Giants played NE at home. Had they played NE at home, on THANKSGIVING, with a SHORT WEEK to prepare for BRADY the outcome would have been different?

Oh, boy. I should not have stayed away so long.

Personally, I would prefer to give Romo the week to rest up and have six days to prepare for Cam Newton.

But I guess the fact that it's THANKSGIVING means that Newton won't bring his "A" game and the Cowboys will win easily.

really dude, the Giants played New England at home on Thanksgiving? Sheesh.... I never paid much attention, but now I'm starting to see why everybody here always says how stupid you are.

I can see now why people loathe cowgirl fans

Wow really?

This is the first time in like 5 years I don't have BadEgg on ignore.

Welcome back, BadEgg! Your noxious sulfur-ish fumes were missed! Where is the Italian Hotdog?

I'm putting it on record the Giants will go at least 5-1 the rest of the way and win the division outright.

Now that's BOLD... if history is any indication, we win this division 8-8 because that's just how we roll. But I'll go with 9-7.

nice analysis Nas ........it is also mathematically still possible for the NFC East to be won with a 7-9 record .......pathetic isn't it !

It's even more pathetic knowing we gave away 3 games... including the one against NE.. but hey...