SportsWrath

Sources: Giants To Re-Sign Nicks

Mr. P

Personally, I hope he comes back and does very well. Heck, 2 years ago we were talking about how on earth we can keep both Cruz and Nicks because both were going to want 12 million a year. We finally settled on Cruz which left little money to resign Nicks.

Players have come back from injury before. Nicks was a stud receiver at one time and he's only 27 years old. In general, scientific studies show that males reach their peak athleticism and strength at 29 years old and begin producing less natural testosterone around age 30. In some sports (i.e., pitching in MLB), athletes actually get better because they rely more on their brain and experience instead of superior athleticism. Victor Cruz is 2 years older than Nicks, but we still hold out hope that he'll return next year at 30 years old.

Regardless...if he can help the Giants this season, then I support him 100%. I don't know if he'll ever have the speed and cuts he used to have, but if I remember rightly, he had ridiculously huge hands (the largest of any football player in the NFL)...had freak hands the size of baseball gloves. If he can pull in some of Eli's throws - should be a good signing. And Eli has been a really hot QB this year with very - even deadly - accurate throws. He needs receivers with good sticky hands.

Loved Nicks' statement to the press. "I'm like an old dog that takes off and gets lost, but eventually always finds his way back home and thankfully, the master left the backdoor open for me". Cool analogy!

The guy just seemed to age overnight. He looked like he was headed for a great career, then......nothing. I thought he'd come back big in Indy, and....nothing. I'm hoping he can contribute something here but certainly not counting on it. And a side note - considering the whispers that he didn't always work as hard as he should have, I don't know that referring to himself as a "dog" was the way he wanted to go.

Personally, I hope he comes back and does very well. Heck, 2 years ago we were talking about how on earth we can keep both Cruz and Nicks because both were going to want 12 million a year. We finally settled on Cruz which left little money to resign Nicks.

Players have come back from injury before. Nicks was a stud receiver at one time and he's only 27 years old. In general, scientific studies show that males reach their peak athleticism and strength at 29 years old and begin producing less natural testosterone around age 30. In some sports (i.e., pitching in MLB), athletes actually get better because they rely more on their brain and experience instead of superior athleticism. Victor Cruz is 2 years older than Nicks, but we still hold out hope that he'll return next year at 30 years old.

Regardless...if he can help the Giants this season, then I support him 100%. I don't know if he'll ever have the speed and cuts he used to have, but if I remember rightly, he had ridiculously huge hands (the largest of any football player in the NFL)...had freak hands the size of baseball gloves. If he can pull in some of Eli's throws - should be a good signing. And Eli has been a really hot QB this year with very - even deadly - accurate throws. He needs receivers with good sticky hands.

Loved Nicks' statement to the press. "I'm like an old dog that takes off and gets lost, but eventually always finds his way back home and thankfully, the master left the backdoor open for me". Cool analogy!

Dude, just came back from an injury that ends careers. It's obvious that his calf was overcompensating for the knee injury. But, yes..,yoga will help.

I'm not going to knock Cruz for being hurt, in gonna knock him for being all over social media and on a HBO show.....

Dude, just came back from an injury that ends careers. It's obvious that his calf was overcompensating for the knee injury. But, yes..,yoga will help.

I'm not going to knock Cruz for being hurt, in gonna knock him for being all over social media and on a HBO show.....

Some of that is pretty annoying, but I don't really understand the hate. Is he expected to watch game film every second he's not lifting or running?

The guy is allowed to have a life outside of football. When he's peddling his suits or whatever on the Monday after a loss it's pretty bad timing, but jeez...

Bro.. part of rehab is to take care of those issues... some people rehab better than others and some of has to do with the effort put forth... But oh well.. it's neither here or there... I just hope Nicks resurrects his career now.

It would be really something if Nicks made a major contribution to the team and helped turn this season around. I guarantee the first time he makes an incredible catch, Giants fans will go nuts.

Time will tell.

Agreed... Just recalling the Nicks-Cruz tandom... imagine Nicks-ODB... shit... I can only dream.

Some of that is pretty annoying, but I don't really understand the hate. Is he expected to watch game film every second he's not lifting or running?

The guy is allowed to have a life outside of football. When he's peddling his suits or whatever on the Monday after a loss it's pretty bad timing, but jeez...

Somes fans do go overboard. It's just not a good look when you make a return video, find out your not returning and on the Sunday your supposed to return your on social media going "yo homies whatcha think of my fly new kicks." It just gives off the I'm not too disappointed to not be playing vibe. I don't expect to see posts of him crying either, but like you said he has bad timing

You're talking about the same fans who go ape shit crazy the moment MacAttack calls to passes in a row.

Giant's fans go balls deep in crazy.

I prefer the millionaire athletes that quietly make their millions. Can't he just invest in a fast food franchise like every other athlete?! It's just poor taste to be flooding social media about your new shoe brand the Monday after the team you are supposedly a part of succumbs to another fourth quarter meltdown that you weren't a part of.