SportsWrath

Sources: Giants To Re-Sign Nicks

Mr. P

There's a reason he's been unemployed and that the Giants had him in for a workout weeks ago and let him leave unsigned. I'm hoping he can contribute more than Myles White. Let's start there and hope for better....but don't count on it.

How exactly did Cruz "play the giants"?

What changed now for the surgery to magically happen? If the Giants had known BEFORE the season started, you think Cruz would have not been cut? I just feel something is up... and it stinks.

What changed now for the surgery to magically happen? If the Giants had known BEFORE the season started, you think Cruz would have not been cut? I just feel something is up... and it stinks.

Cruz tore his calf again Saturday when he tried to run routes in practice.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/14144236/newyork-giants-wr-victor-cruz-season-ending-surgery

What I read into this more than anything is that the coaches don't have a lot of faith in Geremy Davis. They've thrown at him three times this season and he's caught two balls for 21 yards. Has 4 tackles on special teams.

Supposedly he's strong as an ox and has a body like a Greek God and never fumbles a football. In college with a bad QB, he never dropped a pass and caught everything near him. Maybe he is having trouble with learning his routes or maybe he has trouble shaking a defender to get open...I don't know. But I would give him more opportunities than Nicks.

I think Nicks' biggest issue was getting separation. I think he had the ability to catch in traffic if he could get his hands on the ball. Problem was, he wasn't open very often. Again, couldn't separate and didn't really show the ability to use his frame to block out the corner.

It's a nice depth signing, but at this point, I'd even have the rookie Davis ahead of Nicks on the depth chart. If Nicks even dresses for a game, I'll be surprised.