SportsWrath

Impressive

ppodlesny

At what point can we lure Bill Callahan over from the Skins. He is doing a phenomenal job there with their OL and I think he will be the one to actually utilize Vereen to his fullest potential. Its just brilliant what they did against the Saints - agreed, it was a poor D but some of the schemes was just very interesting.

That's all I can say .. The Giants played far better than I ever thought they could and had 2 chances to put the game away at the end and fell short. Maybe this was the game that knocked some sense into them and got them to believe they can can actually win big games. Who knows, but this one is going to sting them for awhile.

I hope ODB now knows to tuck the ball this body after the catch instead of laying it out there for the defender to slap it...

I hope ODB now knows to tuck the ball this body after the catch instead of laying it out there for the defender to slap it...

Yep. I was thinking the same thing. SOmeone needs to tell this guy that he is not a video game that he has to do more than one handed circus catches, although they are fun to watch.

We're going to lose every game like this until Ben McAdoo figures out how to milk the clock at the end of a game. This is what... the fourth loss this season where this has happened?

Coughlin refuses to own the playbook at the end of games. If it costs them a playoff spot and he gets fired it will be partly due to this.

Eli should be be told by coaches not to audible out of runs in specific situations- like this game and the Dallas game, for example

Clock management has been out the fucking window this entire season.

This team is better than 5-5.... That's not a good reflection on the coaching staff.

If we ran the ball 3X and kicked the FG (because there was no way we were running it into the end zone with the D the Pats were playing), giving it back to Tom Effing Brady with 1:10 left, so he could get his team into position to kick the game winning FG at the gun, you'd be screaming that they should have known there'd be plenty of time for the Pats to come back and we needed to score a TD. You know you would....and you wouldn't be alone.

And for the last time (I swear), Odell and Collins each dropped GIMMIES, that would have/should have won the game.

If we ran the ball 3X and kicked the FG (because there was no way we were running it into the end zone with the D the Pats were playing), giving it back to Tom Effing Brady with 1:10 left, so he could get his team into position to kick the game winning FG at the gun, you'd be screaming that they should have known there'd be plenty of time for the Pats to come back and we needed to score a TD. You know you would....and you wouldn't be alone.

And for the last time (I swear), Odell and Collins each dropped GIMMIES, that would have/should have won the game.

Uhh yeah there was absolutely NO WAY that given a goal line situation, running the ball is going to result in a touchdown. As if it doesn't happen a hundred times a year in the NFL.

The Patriots almost ran out of time with a minute 50. One minute and ten seconds with no time outs increases your odds of winning. Gambling, and losing, decreases your chances of winning. And like others are saying, this isn't a rare or even sporadic occurrence. It happened every single time there are crucial playcall and clock management decisions. And it's always the same excuses, "durrrrr we need to finish," "durrr we play to score touchdowns around here!" Well let me just say the team has a hard enough time throughout the game scoring touchdowns...maybe the better decision is to run as much clock as possible while still trying for way higher percentage plays than the second and third down calls.

Offense wins games, defense wins championships

Did you not watch Superbowl 42

Yeah and we had Jacobs and Bradsaw in that Superbowl. This an offense that relys on TE they can't by with the Ballard's and Boss's of the world. A pass rusher would be nice too don't get me wrong, but I think there may be better value in the later rounds. LB and RT couldn't hurt either....oh, and a FS and RG and DT and slot WR

Uhh yeah there was absolutely NO WAY that given a goal line situation, running the ball is going to result in a touchdown. As if it doesn't happen a hundred times a year in the NFL.

The Patriots almost ran out of time with a minute 50. One minute and ten seconds with no time outs increases your odds of winning. Gambling, and losing, decreases your chances of winning. And like others are saying, this isn't a rare or even sporadic occurrence. It happened every single time there are crucial playcall and clock management decisions. And it's always the same excuses, "durrrrr we need to finish," "durrr we play to score touchdowns around here!" Well let me just say the team has a hard enough time throughout the game scoring touchdowns...maybe the better decision is to run as much clock as possible while still trying for way higher percentage plays than the second and third down calls.

Yes, 1:50 makes it easier to come back than 1:10. I give you that.....but 1:10 is still a lot of time. And to say they almost ran out of time with 1:50, ergo they wouldn't have had a chance at the FG if they started with 1:10 is a flawed argument. Circumstances change the ensuing action. To use a baseball analogy, if you lead off an inning and make and out and the next batter hits a home run, you can't say, "we'd have two runs if I got a hit", because the situation would have been different. The pitcher might not have thrown the same pitch, the batter might not have swung, etc. I would submit to you Brady, Inc would have operated within the time allotted.

Put it this way: before this game, as a general rule of thumb, if I ask, "Starting on the 20, no time outs, is 1:10 enough time for Brady to get the Pats into FG range with the game on the line?" Most would say:

A) No

B) Barely. It would be close

C) 50:50

D) Sure, he's done it his whole career.

I think majority would say D.

That answered, I then ask, "so would you rather, starting on the 20, Brady has 1:50 to score a TD or 1:10 to get into position for a FG"? Honestly, either way scares me but I'd rather make them score a TD to win...... and when we had 1st and goal inside the 5, I was saying the same thing in my living room and desperately wanted the TD. When they took the 3, I told my wife they set themselves up to get beat.

Yes, 1:50 makes it easier to come back than 1:10. I give you that.....but 1:10 is still a lot of time. And to say they almost ran out of time with 1:50, ergo they wouldn't have had a chance at the FG if they started with 1:10 is a flawed argument. Circumstances change the ensuing action. To use a baseball analogy, if you lead off an inning and make and out and the next batter hits a home run, you can't say, "we'd have two runs if I got a hit", because the situation would have been different. The pitcher might not have thrown the same pitch, the batter might not have swung, etc. I would submit to you Brady, Inc would have operated within the time allotted.

Put it this way: before this game, as a general rule of thumb, if I ask, "Starting on the 20, no time outs, is 1:10 enough time for Brady to get the Pats into FG range with the game on the line?" Most would say:

A) No

B) Barely. It would be close

C) 50:50

D) Sure, he's done it his whole career.

I think majority would say D.

That answered, I then ask, "so would you rather, starting on the 20, Brady has 1:50 to score a TD or 1:10 to get into position for a FG"? Honestly, either way scares me but I'd rather make them score a TD to win...... and when we had 1st and goal inside the 5, I was saying the same thing in my living room and desperately wanted the TD. When they took the 3, I told my wife they set themselves up to get beat.

They have no deep threat though. 1:50 gave them the chance to small ball like they do. Play that pissed me off was letting a trash receiver like Amendola get 10.2 yards on a 4th and 10

They have no deep threat though. 1:50 gave them the chance to small ball like they do. Play that pissed me off was letting a trash receiver like Amendola get 10.2 yards on a 4th and 10

Yeah, I used some choice language there, too. But that paled in comparison to the gift INT that Collins dropped.

You're right. I don't know why I thought that. Anger made my vision blurry I guess.

Your point is still completely valid, though. It's "five fucking yards, dude. If they can't manage 1 yard in three downs someone needs to be fired."