SportsWrath

Cruz Announces He's Having Season Ending Surgery On His Calf

Mr. P

The Giants have historically given their guys every chance in the world, perhaps to a fault, to come back from injury. I think to the safety that darn near killed himself, I think most recently to JPP...there have been others over the years. For that reason alone, I think the Giants keep Cruz until next year, at the VERY least, until final roster cuts...

That said, the ONLY way he's kept that long, is if he agrees to a restructure because his cap hit is ridiculous for a guy who hasn't played much as of late and whose 'come from nowhere' story has been played out.

Restructure - Give opportunity to come back - see what you get.

It would have been against NFL rules for the giants to cut him while he's hurt in-season.

I was referring to knowing he wasn't going to play during the season... so the cut would have taken place in the summer.

I was referring to knowing he wasn't going to play during the season... so the cut would have taken place in the summer.

If they had the ability to see into the future, then yes they could have saved by cutting him.

I will be surprised if Cruz is a Giant next year. The offense is productive without him. What we need is a solid running game .. not this "let everybody run the ball" style

And that wouldn't be so bad if they could bust out some decent runs. Do you think the line can't block or is it the lack of carries each one is getting? Or do they all just suck? :confused: