SportsWrath

The Sinusoid that is the Giants

Iceman_NYG

I don't think I have seen a more sinusoidal team than the Giants in all the years that we've been following them.

Great teams snatch victories from the jaws of defeat. They find ways to win. The Giants on the other hand always - ALWAYS - find some way or another to lose games in which we are in a position to win it.

Last week it was our offense shitting the bed and our special teams and Defense winning it for us. This week - as fucking expected - it was the exact opposite. Our offense played some lights out football while our D was shitting the bed, and finally the Special teams showed up to put the fucking nail on our coffin with the shittiest possible special teams display and the most inopportune time. Shit punt, shit punt coverage, crap tackling and icing this excreta cake with a facemask penalty that puts them in FG range. Otherwise, it goes to OT and nobody knows how this game would have panned out.

Its a tough tough loss to stomach but I for one am fairly OK with the fact that our offense finally showed what it can play like. The Saints D has actually been playing extremely well the last few weeks and the Giants took the game to them big time. Pity our D couldn't play 2% better.

The Will Tye fumble and crucial drops on what would have been 1st downs killed us badly. But all said and done, that last fucking special teams play was just that - fucking special. We once again found a way to lose a game which we should have won.

Look for the offense to shit the bed next week and the D picking Winston off 4 times and the special teams having a PR TD and punt block.

Had to shop for a new cell phone...missed the game. Was getting texts from my father in law with each score. It was clear that neither defense showed up. I wouldn't get too stoked on the Giants offense given the Saints defense regardless of who or how they may have played recently.

101 points....maybe we should play arena ball. I had to look it up...tied for 3rd place for the most combined points in a game. For the record, the Giants are in the first place slot there for 116 or so in a 70 something to 40 something loss to the Redskins.

I don't think I have seen a more sinusoidal team than the Giants in all the years that we've been following them.

Great teams snatch victories from the jaws of defeat. They find ways to win. The Giants on the other hand always - ALWAYS - find some way or another to lose games in which we are in a position to win it.

Last week it was our offense shitting the bed and our special teams and Defense winning it for us. This week - as fucking expected - it was the exact opposite. Our offense played some lights out football while our D was shitting the bed, and finally the Special teams showed up to put the fucking nail on our coffin with the shittiest possible special teams display and the most inopportune time. Shit punt, shit punt coverage, crap tackling and icing this excreta cake with a facemask penalty that puts them in FG range. Otherwise, it goes to OT and nobody knows how this game would have panned out.

Its a tough tough loss to stomach but I for one am fairly OK with the fact that our offense finally showed what it can play like. The Saints D has actually been playing extremely well the last few weeks and the Giants took the game to them big time. Pity our D couldn't play 2% better.

The Will Tye fumble and crucial drops on what would have been 1st downs killed us badly. But all said and done, that last fucking special teams play was just that - fucking special. We once again found a way to lose a game which we should have won.

Look for the offense to shit the bed next week and the D picking Winston off 4 times and the special teams having a PR TD and punt block.

If Harris catches that ball you guys win. It's that simple.

If Harris catches that ball you guys win. It's that simple.

The one that was thrown behind him and he would have had to one hand?

If Reuben randle had even made an attempt on the first down throw, he might have caught it and set us up with good field position...but I don't think Harris had a chance.

The one that was thrown behind him and he would have had to one hand?

If Reuben randle had even made an attempt on the first down throw, he might have caught it and set us up with good field position...but I don't think Harris had a chance.

Yep Randle didn't seem interested in making that catch but pretended to try.. bad acting.

lol oh I'm definitely not going to lie myself and think the points the Giants scored is a sign the offense has arrived this season.

Offense has been putting up points like it is 1995 and we are still one game away from tying that win record.

lol oh I'm definitely not going to lie myself and think the points the Giants scored is a sign the offense has arrived this season.

Offense has been putting up points like it is 1995 and we are still one game away from tying that win record.

Yep, because we play up or down to what team we're playing.

Yep, because we play up or down to what team we're playing.

That is true of every year. The offense has just been especially abysmal this year. Whatever McAdoo is trying to achieve besides better QB stats isn't an improvement over Gilbride.

I thought Randle looked hampered on that play, like he couldn't hit the next gear to accelerate, leap/stretch....and then I read this, confirming my suspicions:

WR Rueben Randle came up just short on a play deep down the left sideline on the Giants’ last series. “It’s frustrating because I know if I was 100 percent I would have been able to get to that ball,’’ said Randle, who has been bothered by hamstring issues. “It just sucks I couldn’t make a play for my team. It was a struggle trying to get down there, it was a good ball by Eli, can’t complain about that.’’

Sinusoid as in Sinusoidal curve - Sine wave. Up and down. One week one aspect of the team is up and the next week they shit the bed and soil the entire arena. And vice versa.

Somebody hire a motherfucking consultant from Rado or Rolex because clearly these bums don't understand time at all. I honestly don't think that they even put a thought into a series before it begins like what do we need to do here? They just line up and call some shit play that the defense gives according to them and then execute like horse dung.

What does sinusoid mean? I'll I'm getting from Google is a blood vessel in the liver or a curve having the form of a sine wave.

Good question, Seph! I was wondering the same thing. From what you found, I guess, in this case, it means "up and down" or inconsistent.

This... have not used the term since my perceptual psychology days... mid-80's... :P