SportsWrath

Victor Cruz

Sephiroth

At what point do you shut this guy down for the year and sign somebody to that roster spot?

Have to agree with VG

It's sad, we should have PUPd him or temp IR but that's in the past. We will need him if we get hot and wanna have a chance late in the year so yea

Don't IR him...they are playing fine with Odell Harris and Randle. They need to throw to Odell more. He's a stud superstar for fuck sake.

Don't IR him because we need him.for a playoff push

I wouldn't say they are playing fine....Randle can't hold onto the ball or consistently get open and until I see more from Harris at WR (though he came up huge today), I honestly think the one missing piece of this offense is the guy who can move the chains. Welker would have been a good pickup while we were waiting on Shoe Boy, in my opinion. I know you wanted to pick him up when we had Jones and in hindsight, if they planned on cutting Jones because he asked to be, I don't know why they wouldn't have gone after another vet who would want to play slot or 4th string. Welker would have been a good pickup...concussions and all.

I wouldn't say they are playing fine....Randle can't hold onto the ball or consistently get open and until I see more from Harris at WR (though he came up huge today), I honestly think the one missing piece of this offense is the guy who can move the chains. Welker would have been a good pickup while we were waiting on Shoe Boy, in my opinion. I know you wanted to pick him up when we had Jones and in hindsight, if they planned on cutting Jones because he asked to be, I don't know why they wouldn't have gone after another vet who would want to play slot or 4th string. Welker would have been a good pickup...concussions and all.

Yeah I wanted Welker he would have been a slot guy. I'm sure he could handle it

Speaking of wide receivers, what in the fuck is up with Randle running out of bounds, untouched? Watching the replay he could have at least tried to accelerate and outrun those guys for 6.

I think the Giants rest him fully till almost the end of the season. I think the Giants win the division. We will beat the Skins and get one back against the Eagles. If we win the division, then Cruz might be primed to help us make a deep play off run. At that time, the offense could take a whole new dimension and if he get hot then hell - who knows?? Cruz when fully fit could form a helluva 1-2 punch with Odell - with Vereen and Randle and Harris in the ranks then on paper this O looks scary - except for the OL and the playcalling.....sigh

Speaking of wide receivers, what in the fuck is up with Randle running out of bounds, untouched? Watching the replay he could have at least tried to accelerate and outrun those guys for 6.

I'm guessing the hamstring. Iirc he went off the field for a few plays after that so maybe that was it?

He has a history of doing that. I think maybe he's just a pussy?

He has a history of doing that. I think maybe he's just a pussy?

Agree... it was the thing about track guys never panning out in the NFL... cause they can run FAST... maybe catch... but most DO NOT/DID NOT like any contact whatsoever. He seems to be the tall lanky type who hates contact. I have never seen him really lay out for a ball. Then again I don't want him struggling to get five more yards and have his soft ass stripped of the ball.

I said the exact same thing.

"Aww yeah, RANDLE!!!! WHO... runs out of bounds inexplicably... "

I dont think he's a 100% ... he looks to be about 85%

I have no problem with it... for one Randle isn't very fast.. and 2 last time we had a receiver fight for an extra yard, it got stripped and returned the other way for 6...

It looked to me like Randle had a step on both those guys, sure it's likely one of them would have tripped him up but I DO see the need to fight for extra yards when a missed tackle means six. And then you factor in the whole, "our offense can't score TDs."

For the record, I'm not sure when I'd shut him down. I think after week 8, if there's not significant progress made, you might want to think about it sometime at that point... we'll need that roster spot. On the other hand, if he looks like he's right on the cusp, you might want to keep that spot open... but he's been "right on the cusp" for four months now.

For the record, I'm not sure when I'd shut him down. I think after week 8, if there's not significant progress made, you might want to think about it sometime at that point... we'll need that roster spot. On the other hand, if he looks like he's right on the cusp, you might want to keep that spot open... but he's been "right on the cusp" for four months now.

Once his calf heals, his big toe will be next...all those different shoes he's wearing are terrible for the feet.

Agreed. Very frustrating. Remember, the knee had supposedly healed and he was ready to return. The calf was believed to be little more than an annoying temporary setback. Now we're in Week 8 and he's still not practicing.....and you have to think it'll take a week or two of practice before he's up to game speed. Hard to believe he'll actually contribute this year. However, I'm sure we'll see him in plenty of commercial and print ads - and that exacerbates the frustration.