SportsWrath

2016..... if the Giants miss the playoffs this season

JMFP

Fire Reese....bring in new guy.

Accept Coughlin's retirement.....maybe kick him upstairs....give him some sort of job.

Hire John Gruden

Keep Spags as DC.

I can't agree with any of that.

Reese has clearly been responsible for getting some good players in the door. The players deeply respect Coughlin and he is still a great coach.

I think you have to find a way to get more good players in here. And re-tool the offensive philosophy a bit. There are good things in there. But as Drizzle and I have both been bemoaning... we don't take enough deep shots.

What we saw last night was the risk you run when you try to defeat a team with a thousand little cuts down the field. If you take 17 plays to score... that means you need everything to go right 17 times in a row. 17 chances for a fumble, pick 6, tipped ball, drive killing sack or penalty. The short game is good as long as there is some balance and a legitimate threat to take the top off. As has been noted, Rodgers does this. I understand we took by my count two shots last night... a drop by Donnell and a pass out of bounds by Eli intended for Beckham. There were some intermediate throws that I don't consider deep shots, like the drop by Myles White.

We also need more good players. Clearly we have some. But this team is missing a pass rush. So we need JPP back and hopefully another D-lineman with special skills in that area.

We need a better RB to at least complement Jennings, and I'm speaking in terms of running the football. Vereen is an average runner, understandably a terrific receiver in space.

We need another deep threat opposite OBJ. Randle has fallen short here, we need an upgrade. I'd like a tall guy to be the Martavis Bryant to OBJ's Antonio Brown.

We need another quality offensive lineman. I understand that the RT position "should" be fixed on the return of Will Beatty, however, in my estimation somebody's gotta play RT when Beatty is no longer on this team, assuming Flowers is the long-term guy at LT and I believe he is. Plus, even if Beatty and Flowers stick around as this team's OT's for a long time, you need quality depth... and we don't have it. So there needs to be a succession plan for Beatty and Schwartz, as well as having better depth.

We need a better, reliable tight end. I would put a high priority on this, perhaps addressed in free agency. Our Tight End situation is, I believe, in the bottom of the league in terms of quality. Definitely the worst in the division, and if you put us in any other division, you still might come to the same conclusion.

We need a better safety to pair with Collins. The safety play on deep balls was fucking awful last night, and that's because we have two guys back there who are in-the-box types. And no, I'm not counting on Mykelle Thompson to come back next year and be the FS position savior.

But, I think we have some good linebackers for once (when they are healthy)! I think that group can continue to grow to be a very good one with Kennard, Thomas, Casillas, and Unga.

whoever our next coach is (and whenever that happens) i want a young-ish guy who hasn't had any time off from being a coach--whether it's college or the nfl. the NFL is a lot different now than when gruden and cowher were coaching and i don't count doing research for tv analysis as keeping up with the game.

i'd also be in favor of grabbing a top defensive coordinator and letting him bring in an offensive "guru" to completely handle that side of the ball like the jets and falcons did.

they will probably just promote mcadoo or whoever is coaching bc/syracuse though

We were pissed that Gilly had an offense of 5 and 7 step drops when we had a shitty line.

Now we probably have a shitty line, but it's being masked by the fact that Eli is only taking a two step drop.

Eli is (was) the second-fastest in the league at getting rid of the ball, probably because he has a bad line. It's easy to look good when you're only asked to hold your block for two seconds. The second Philly started jamming receivers at the line and Eli had to hold on to the ball, everything went to shit.

Of course, this is all based on highlights... I turned the game off at the Jennings fumble. Maybe I'm totally off base here but... well... it's common knowledge that this line can't run block. If the league catches on that they can't pass block either, we're in for one hell of a long season, fellas.

I can't agree with any of that.

Reese has clearly been responsible for getting some good players in the door. The players deeply respect Coughlin and he is still a great coach.

I think you have to find a way to get more good players in here. And re-tool the offensive philosophy a bit. There are good things in there. But as Drizzle and I have both been bemoaning... we don't take enough deep shots.

What we saw last night was the risk you run when you try to defeat a team with a thousand little cuts down the field. If you take 17 plays to score... that means you need everything to go right 17 times in a row. 17 chances for a fumble, pick 6, tipped ball, drive killing sack or penalty. The short game is good as long as there is some balance and a legitimate threat to take the top off. As has been noted, Rodgers does this. I understand we took by my count two shots last night... a drop by Donnell and a pass out of bounds by Eli intended for Beckham. There were some intermediate throws that I don't consider deep shots, like the drop by Myles White.

We also need more good players. Clearly we have some. But this team is missing a pass rush. So we need JPP back and hopefully another D-lineman with special skills in that area.

We need a better RB to at least complement Jennings, and I'm speaking in terms of running the football. Vereen is an average runner, understandably a terrific receiver in space.

We need another deep threat opposite OBJ. Randle has fallen short here, we need an upgrade. I'd like a tall guy to be the Martavis Bryant to OBJ's Antonio Brown.

We need another quality offensive lineman. I understand that the RT position "should" be fixed on the return of Will Beatty, however, in my estimation somebody's gotta play RT when Beatty is no longer on this team, assuming Flowers is the long-term guy at LT and I believe he is. Plus, even if Beatty and Flowers stick around as this team's OT's for a long time, you need quality depth... and we don't have it. So there needs to be a succession plan for Beatty and Schwartz, as well as having better depth.

We need a better, reliable tight end. I would put a high priority on this, perhaps addressed in free agency. Our Tight End situation is, I believe, in the bottom of the league in terms of quality. Definitely the worst in the division, and if you put us in any other division, you still might come to the same conclusion.

We need a better safety to pair with Collins. The safety play on deep balls was fucking awful last night, and that's because we have two guys back there who are in-the-box types. And no, I'm not counting on Mykelle Thompson to come back next year and be the FS position savior.

But, I think we have some good linebackers for once (when they are healthy)! I think that group can continue to grow to be a very good one with Kennard, Thomas, Casillas, and Unga.

I like Randle for what his duties are and I hope they resign him. I would a like speedster though.

Corey Coleman from Baylor would be nice. He has 16 td's through six games http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vy9Cym1zoEc

I think we would take more deep shots if we had a line that gave Eli enough time and receivers not named Odell to get deep. Teams are just keeping a safety high on Odell's side and taking the deep ball away. Of course, if we could run the ball, that would also bring the safety up. I honestly believe we would take more deep shots if they didn't believe there was such a high probability of getting intercepted.

Agree that Reese has been better than given credit for around here. EVERY GM has hits and misses. Our cap situation improves dramatically next year. Lets see what shakes out then.

We are 3-3 and in with a legitimate shot of winning the division. Philly might have beaten us but only because we were shittier than then on Monday night. I don't think the sky falling just yet. Ill wait to see what the OL does once Beatty is back. Maybe then when Flowers is on RT we might try running towards the right side. Maybe....just maybe....that might open up a few more passing lanes and by then if Cruz is alive he might suit up.

We are 3-3 and in with a legitimate shot of winning the division. Philly might have beaten us but only because we were shittier than then on Monday night. I don't think the sky falling just yet. Ill wait to see what the OL does once Beatty is back. Maybe then when Flowers is on RT we might try running towards the right side. Maybe....just maybe....that might open up a few more passing lanes and by then if Cruz is alive he might suit up.

Cruz has shoe promos on Sundays.

Cruz has shoe promos on Sundays.

I'm sure all the (self) promotional gigs Cruz is getting was in the works before the injury occurred but the optics aren't good. He's all over TV and billboards and hasn't played in over a year. The timing stinks and I can't help but wonder if the hours put toward promos are at the expense of football focus. It's almost like he knows the career is hanging by a thread and he's cashing out while he can. Hope I'm wrong about that but I'm getting a Tiki whiff off Cruz lately.

Agree that Reese has been better than given credit for around here. EVERY GM has hits and misses. Our cap situation improves dramatically next year. Lets see what shakes out then.

Honestly, until recently Reese has been horrible. Those drafts from 2008-2012 were all bad.

I hope he's over the hump now, but we'll have to see... but one of the big reasons the Giants are terrible is because these are the years you're expected to get peak production out of those guys drafted from 2008-2012.

Honestly, until recently Reese has been horrible. Those drafts from 2008-2012 were all bad.

I hope he's over the hump now, but we'll have to see... but one of the big reasons the Giants are terrible is because these are the years you're expected to get peak production out of those guys drafted from 2008-2012.

Bad free agent signings on the oline especially...Schwartz, Baas and Walton. I think Harris has been awful