SportsWrath

Jason Pierre-Paul to report back to Giants Tuesday, have hand re-examined by team doctors: sources

Mr. P

Ian Rapoport @RapSheet 4m4 minutes ago

The #Giants are comfortable with where Jason Pierre-Paul is physically, sources say, after they examined his hand. Negotiating a deal now.

Ian Rapoport @RapSheet 2m2 minutes ago

If they can work out numbers & reach an incentive-laden 1-yr deal, #Giants will sign JPP today & get a roster exemption for him to practice

Ian Rapoport @RapSheet 4m4 minutes ago

The #Giants are comfortable with where Jason Pierre-Paul is physically, sources say, after they examined his hand. Negotiating a deal now.

Ian Rapoport @RapSheet 2m2 minutes ago

If they can work out numbers & reach an incentive-laden 1-yr deal, #Giants will sign JPP today & get a roster exemption for him to practice

Giants are desperate ... you can tell ... if we had a pass rush, this meeting would never happen

Agreed. His hand is no different that it was and now their comfortable with it

I don't know about that man...at the least it had what, 6 more weeks to heal? Which also meant 6 more weeks of getting in shape, hopefully.

Giants are desperate ... you can tell ... if we had a pass rush, this meeting would never happen

An incentive laden contract is a good for both parties. JPP plays well the Giants will be happy to pay and if he is a dumpster fire then the Giants haven't committed much. I think Reese will get this done soon.

An incentive laden contract is a good for both parties. JPP plays well the Giants will be happy to pay and if he is a dumpster fire then the Giants haven't committed much. I think Reese will get this done soon.

I agree ... I'll be shocked if it's not done by this afternoon

I heard JPP is thumbing through the contract as we speak. Probably pointing out the areas where the Giants organization can add a few more digits.

Well done, sir.

Can't wait to see what he can do. Don't be surprised when he doesn't produce many sacks though. But I expect to see some attention shifted his direction, and consequently we'll see better production from the line as a whole.

Also a consequence, somebody is going to interpret it as "George Selvie is better than JPP!" Or some other roster filler.