SportsWrath

Terrelle Pryor Worked Out For Giants

Mr. P

Muchado. Only newsworthy because of the name.

Look, lost in the panic about the receiver situation is that despite a few drops, Harris has produces pretty well, and Geremy Davis had a big, important 1st down catch last game, and we don't really know what we have with Myles White yet. Not to mention our second best receiver is really in the backfield and highly productive, anyway, Shane Vereen. Whether or not Rueben Randle can play, I think we are fine at receiver (as long as OBJ is healthy), and have potential to be much better than fine. My bigger concern is the running game, that has been pretty uneven. We don't seem to have the ability to run on teams (the Giants are 29th of 32 teams in yards per attempt (3.6), and 26th rushing yards per game). I think the Andre Williams experiment should be over after this year and the Giants need to really emphasize the RB position in the draft in rounds 2-4 this offseason to get a young player that can produce on early downs.

I'm hopeful that the upcoming return of William Beatty will help in this regard, who may return in week 7. While Beatty isn't so much of a road-grader, he likely will help the offensive line in terms of quality as a whole, and relegate Newhouse back to the bench where he belongs... and hopefully giving us a very strong run blocking tandem of Schwartz and Flowers on the right side. The Giants should get a big boost running that direction, with the overall line play improving as the group continues to mesh.

Look, lost in the panic about the receiver situation is that despite a few drops, Harris has produces pretty well, and Geremy Davis had a big, important 1st down catch last game, and we don't really know what we have with Myles White yet. Not to mention our second best receiver is really in the backfield and highly productive, anyway, Shane Vereen. Whether or not Rueben Randle can play, I think we are fine at receiver (as long as OBJ is healthy), and have potential to be much better than fine. My bigger concern is the running game, that has been pretty uneven. We don't seem to have the ability to run on teams (the Giants are 29th of 32 teams in yards per attempt (3.6), and 26th rushing yards per game). I think the Andre Williams experiment should be over after this year and the Giants need to really emphasize the RB position in the draft in rounds 2-4 this offseason to get a young player that can produce on early downs.

I'm hopeful that the upcoming return of William Beatty will help in this regard, who may return in week 7. While Beatty isn't so much of a road-grader, he likely will help the offensive line in terms of quality as a whole, and relegate Newhouse back to the bench where he belongs... and hopefully giving us a very strong run blocking tandem of Schwartz and Flowers on the right side. The Giants should get a big boost running that direction, with the overall line play improving as the group continues to mesh.

To be fair, we've played against some good run defenses.

But I agree with you on Williams. I don't see much going on there. I'd like to see what Darkwa can do, if anything.

Interesting. I think when Beatty can play we throw him on the right side, I'd prefer to just keep Flowers where he is.

Interesting. I think when Beatty can play we throw him on the right side, I'd prefer to just keep Flowers where he is.

Beatty is coming back to play his LT position and you can expect a good six weeks of fans bitching about it. You do not lose your position to injury.

We're fine at WR as long as we get healthy. Years of bringing in WRs during the season has proven they do next to nothing for the team, we would be better off promoting the practice squad guys.

Beatty is coming back to play his LT position and you can expect a good six weeks of fans bitching about it. You do not lose your position to injury.

We're fine at WR as long as we get healthy. Years of bringing in WRs during the season has proven they do next to nothing for the team, we would be better off promoting the practice squad guys.

They should rotate them like the Patriots do.

I like Flowers as a LT but I think he will be just as beneficial to the team on the right side. Yes, Flowers is the LT of the future, but Beatty's best position is LT. Beatty's strengths are just better suited to that side. Flowers can play anywhere. While you can stick Beatty at RT and we'll probably be ok, the highest potential of this O-line is with Beatty on the left side and Flowers on the right.

But you should lose it if the guy who replaced you is better than you....

We already told you that the Giants worked out some previously highly-drafted wide receivers. But they weren't the only players at Wednesday's workout.

Here's the full list:

WR Devin Gardner

WR Antwan Goodley

WR T.J. Graham

WR A.J. Jenkins

DB Brandon McGee

DB Garry Peters

WR Terrelle Pryor

DB Greg Reid

QB Bryn Renner

DB Dax Swanson

LB Philip Wheeler

WR Mike Williams

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2015/10/full_list_of_players_at_wednesdays_giants_tryout_i.html

If we sign any of them I'd like Mike Williams.

They aren't going to weaken the right tackle position just to keep Flowers there. If Beatty can handle it, and he has a history of playing well there, then he will start. If he is ineffective at LT, he'll probably be benched altogether. I highly doubt they put him at a position he is not accustomed to playing. Remember the plan before Beatty got hurt was for Flowers to play the RT position, and be the LT of the future. Beatty is not a RT.

Newhouse needs to go to the bench. He's played well at times but he was dominated by Lynch last Sunday. You don't replace Newhouse with Beatty, because Beatty doesn't play RT, his skill set doesn't translate to RT, and he is not familiar playing on the right side, having been the LT for the last several years on this team. Flowers, on the other hand, started camp at RT, is familiar with the position, has the strengths to be very good at it, and would provide a huge upgrade to the offensive line by moving there, as long as Beatty can man the LT and perform at the high level he has played at previously. The smart play is Flowers moving back to RT... the original plan at the start of camp.