SportsWrath

Owamagbe Odighizuwa

ppodlesny

Actually, after you say repeatedly for awhile, it's really quite easy. Oh-diggy-zoo-wah....however, together with the first name, it's a mouthful. I pronounce it Oh-wah-mog-bee, but the last syllables might "bay" instead of "bee" as Jim points out.

Actually, the 'G' is silent.

Oh WAH mah bay. Oh Diggy Zoo Wah.

Are you fucking with us? I think I got my pronunciation from Mike Tirico (the most well-spoken analyst in sports), as well as others, but to be fair that doesn't mean he/they are correct. I had no idea the 'G' was silent.

Are you fucking with us? I think I got my pronunciation from Mike Tirico (the most well-spoken analyst in sports), as well as others, but to be fair that doesn't mean he/they are correct. I had no idea the 'G' was silent.

No bullshit. I got my pronunciation from Owamagbe Odighizuwa.

http://www.giants.com/videos/videos/How-do-you-pronounce-Owamagbe-Odighizuwa/603f86cf-e648-4812-b9a0-9f5461f42d5d

I have said his name so often that it rolls off my tongue with no problem. I thought I would never get Osi Umenyiora right, but I eventually got it with ease. On the other hand, Osi was just a nickname, his full name is Ositadimma Umenyiora.

There's a player on the Syracuse basketball team that I still get tongue tied on: Doyin Akintobi-Adeyeye! If he fails at basketball, maybe there's a place for him on special teams for the Giants.