SportsWrath

Confidence?

ppodlesny

#32 against the pass is directly attributable to ZERO pass rush! The QBs can make a freaking sandwich back there! Give QBs & receivers that kind of time and sooner or later, someone will get free and catch the ball. Actually, I'm surprised and impressed that we've been able to keep all those yards allowed in the air from translating into points against us on the scoreboard. Spags has them doing a good job of keeping everything in front of them, playing bend but don't break.

I know I was just fooling. They get killed by the dink and dunk stuff and the intermediate stuff to the TE. Man I would love a LB that can cover

I dunno man, I think Kennard can be that guy. He looked pretty good last week with the INT.

#32 against the pass is directly attributable to ZERO pass rush! The QBs can make a freaking sandwich back there! Give QBs & receivers that kind of time and sooner or later, someone will get free and catch the ball. Actually, I'm surprised and impressed that we've been able to keep all those yards allowed in the air from translating into points against us on the scoreboard. Spags has them doing a good job of keeping everything in front of them, playing bend but don't break.

Spags doesn't run a bend/break defense, it is absolutely an attack/bend defense. They are always attacking making offenses fight for every yard and not giving up a big play when they do. He attacks with the DL, LBs, DBs at every opportunity

Fewell was the bend/break defense coordinator. He gave up yards for turnover opportunities. He attacked only with the DL and DBs.

Spags doesn't run a bend/break defense, it is absolutely an attack/bend defense. They are always attacking making offenses fight for every yard and not giving up a big play when they do. He attacks with the DL, LBs, DBs at every opportunity

Fewell was the bend/break defense coordinator. He gave up yards for turnover opportunities. He attacked only with the DL and DBs.

I think when you put it like that, it sounds like you're describing the same philosophy. I know what you mean, though. Fewell was almost a "spot teams a field goal, as long as they stay out of the end zone" style defense.

I dont think I have seen a giants pass rush this awful in my life ... they get zero pressure

I dont think I have seen a giants pass rush this awful in my life ... they get zero pressure

That's for sure. One thing that kind of got ignored in last night's game was Damontre Moore's 2 sacks and nearly a 3rd one. Moore had a good game last night and should see more playing time as long as he can keep his temper and stupidity in check. He has the hunger and the capability to rack up a dozen sacks in the season if he can just play under control.

The inside of the defensive line has been solid as heck.

Little Whitlock is fun to watch as well, but won't become the next Strahan. We need Ayers back ASAP.

That's for sure. One thing that kind of got ignored in last night's game was Damontre Moore's 2 sacks and nearly a 3rd one. Moore had a good game last night and should see more playing time as long as he can keep his temper and stupidity in check. He has the hunger and the capability to rack up a dozen sacks in the season if he can just play under control.

The inside of the defensive line has been solid as heck.

Little Whitlock is fun to watch as well, but won't become the next Strahan. We need Ayers back ASAP.

I agree .. it was nice to see Moore start playing like the player they thought he was ... but he needs to keep his emotions in check ... it'll be nice to get a guy that can get after the QB

I like Whitlock ... he's feisty, but you are right, he is a FB not a d-lineman ... I think he's only playing on D, because we are hurting on that line.

I agree .. it was nice to see Moore start playing like the player they thought he was ... but he needs to keep his emotions in check ... it'll be nice to get a guy that can get after the QB

I like Whitlock ... he's feisty, but you are right, he is a FB not a d-lineman ... I think he's only playing on D, because we are hurting on that line.

Well he used to be a defensive lineman, certainly was one before he was a FB. He is playing because he gets through the offensive line frequently.

The dude gets like one personal foul 2 years ago and all I hear from some of you folks is that he needs to get his emotions in check. What a ridiculous sentiment.

They need to play the man. He had two sacks after the team had an anemic pass rush for weeks.

The Giants have reason to be confident. A win like Sunday night has the potential to be a catalyst for the rest of the season.

However, a loss in Philly can also completely derail that.

Should be an interesting game on Monday Night Football.

The Giants have reason to be confident. A win like Sunday night has the potential to be a catalyst for the rest of the season.

I'm expecting a loss in Philly.. simply because a game against us is Philly's Super Bowl... I'm expecting Eli to throw a couple of INTs too... Now I'd love to be proven wrong of course.

would be nice if they just blew out the iggles for once