SportsWrath

Confidence?

ppodlesny

After week 3, I'd have said 85% confident. Given Cruz is still not available, given Kennard's injury, and given how the San Francisco defense played against Green Bay...I'd probably say 65 or 70%. I still think we win, but I'm thinking by less than a TD.

17-12...something like that.

I think it's a trap game. Of course, every game can be a trap game, but this one looks like it's predisposed to be a bad day for the Giants. Just a gut feeling that doesn't go away. Hope it's just indigestion from all that bratwurst I ate last night.

Run defense is solid, but we have to get pressure on the QB and shut down the air game (which we haven't been very good at).

We better have a 4 TD for me to feel good going into the 4th quarter

I think it's a trap game. Of course, every game can be a trap game, but this one looks like it's predisposed to be a bad day for the Giants. Just a gut feeling that doesn't go away. Hope it's just indigestion from all that bratwurst I ate last night.

Run defense is solid, but we have to get pressure on the QB and shut down the air game (which we haven't been very good at).

We better have a 4 TD for me to feel good going into the 4th quarter

From what I've read, Kaepernick does pretty well shutting down his own passing game as of late.

After week 3, I'd have said 85% confident. Given Cruz is still not available, given Kennard's injury, and given how the San Francisco defense played against Green Bay...I'd probably say 65 or 70%. I still think we win, but I'm thinking by less than a TD.

17-12...something like that.

They play much better at home than on the road, where they've been absolutely hopeless.

From what I've read, Kaepernick does pretty well shutting down his own passing game as of late.

We rank no. 1 in run defense.

Unfortunately, we rank no. 32 in pass defense.

QB's have their best games against us. Not really sure what the deal is, but if I was to guess - we are so focused on the run game that we send our LB's and a safety into the line to stop the run giving the QB a chance for a short dump pass over the top of the LB'rs. Prince and DRC have done a stellar job this year, but it's those short dump passes that have added up against us.

I feel like it should be a win, the 9er's arnt a 10 win team but they still have offensive firepower.

BigMac should be able to get the offense to lay 20+ points on that depleted defense, however we all know he will call a great first half and then nothing but shotgun draw for the rest of the second.

I don't think of it as a "trap" game because the 49ers still have (some) talent left on the team, they just arnt the same team from the last couple of seasons.

QB's have their best games against us. Not really sure what the deal is, but if I was to guess - we are so focused on the run game that we send our LB's and a safety into the line to stop the run giving the QB a chance for a short dump pass over the top of the LB'rs. Prince and DRC have done a stellar job this year, but it's those short dump passes that have added up against us.

It's just games script; we've shut down opponent's run and taken a lead, forcing them to go pass-heavy later in the game. Our 4th quarter pass D has been the issue.

It's just games script; we've shut down opponent's run and taken a lead, forcing them to go pass-heavy later in the game. Our 4th quarter pass D has been the issue.

Good point. I hold my breath in the 4th quarter as it's like a completely different game. 4th quarter starts and our opponents suddenly play like the Patriots on their best day even if we've stomped them in the ground for 3 straight quarters. Hard to make any sense out of it. It's like the coaches and Eli drop a 100 points in their I.Q. when the 4th qtr starts and it gets worse as the clock ticks down.

As confident as I was about the game against the Bills. Playing another flawed opponent and another great opportunity for the Giants to take another step forward. It definitely reeks of a trap because we are facing a desperate team.

Beating the 49ers is going to be a huge boost for the confidence of the team, have to keep putting teams away in the fourth quarter.

Exactly. Teams are getting a lot of garbage time yards per game. They are second in attempts per game against them and it's a lot of dink and dunk shit. They only give up about 7.2 yards per attempt...they're not giving up the the big play

I think that is a misleading stat, when you're the #1 rush defense. Teams that can't get anything going on the ground are forced to pass more. Playing with a lead for nearly the entirety of each of these games only helps offenses pad their stats against us. I'm too lazy to look up the passing TDs we've given up but I'd hazard a guess that it's not the 32nd worst in the league.

I think that is a misleading stat, when you're the #1 rush defense. Teams that can't get anything going on the ground are forced to pass more. Playing with a lead for nearly the entirety of each of these games only helps offenses pad their stats against us. I'm too lazy to look up the passing TDs we've given up but I'd hazard a guess that it's not the 32nd worst in the league.

It is somewhat misleading because the stat that we're 32nd out of 32 teams is based on total passing yards against us (1,265) which is only slightly more than Oakland and Atlanta (31st, and 30th).

The stats that aren't taken into consideration for ranking is that we've given up 6 TD's through the air compared to 10-12 from other teams, yet not as good as Denver (2) and Seattle and St. Louis (3). Also, the avg pass against the Giants is 7.2, which is slightly to the left of the mean for all teams.

Personally, I'm happy having the no.1 rushing defense while keeping the air game out of the end zone. Our numbers would improve in the air defense if we had a legitimate pass rush. Dumb JPP! And we need Ayers back.

Does nobody read my posts?

I read your post and it made me "go to the stats" and you were right. I made my last post based on taking your observations into consideration. I just wanted to take it a little further and see how many TD's we were giving up through the air as well as look for any long passes. Prince and DRC rarely get beat on the long ball.

I read your post and it made me "go to the stats" and you were right. I made my last post based on taking your observations into consideration. I just wanted to take it a little further and see how many TD's we were giving up through the air as well as look for any long passes. Prince and DRC rarely get beat on the long ball.

I know I was just fooling. They get killed by the dink and dunk stuff and the intermediate stuff to the TE. Man I would love a LB that can cover