SportsWrath

2007 (XLII), 2011 (XLVI), 2015????

MikeGL

This reminds me of my first part-time job.

I have to premise this story, that my father was, and is, a hardworking SOB...the kind of guy with thick, filthy hands that industrial degreaser and sandpaper are needed to clean. So I get my first job as a dishwasher. I bust my ass. I keep the dishroom clean, I stay caught up. And it doesn't really matter how busy the restaurant gets, I had it covered. Well, my buddy was working with me in the dishroom the one night we were kicking ass and I said to him, we're the best this dishroom has ever seen. See, I took pride in my work and I was glad to do my best. Well, my buddy takes one look at me and says with the cold dose of reality, "We're fucking dishwashers man."

Point is, we're 2 and fucking 2. Do we have some things to be proud of? Yeah, I think we do. But to look at the big picture, are we seriously talking SB after just 1/4 of the season, after which, we're only a .500 team? To say that's premature is the mother of all understatements. Just like I thought I was the best there had ever been, the big picture said something quite different.

I have to premise this story, that my father was, and is, a hardworking SOB...the kind of guy with thick, filthy hands that industrial degreaser and sandpaper are needed to clean. So I get my first job as a dishwasher. I bust my ass. I keep the dishroom clean, I stay caught up. And it doesn't really matter how busy the restaurant gets, I had it covered. Well, my buddy was working with me in the dishroom the one night we were kicking ass and I said to him, we're the best this dishroom has ever seen. See, I took pride in my work and I was glad to do my best. Well, my buddy takes one look at me and says with the cold dose of reality, "We're fucking dishwashers man."

Point is, we're 2 and fucking 2. Do we have some things to be proud of? Yeah, I think we do. But to look at the big picture, are we seriously talking SB after just 1/4 of the season, after which, we're only a .500 team? To say that's premature is the mother of all understatements. Just like I thought I was the best there had ever been, the big picture said something quite different.

This thread isn't to take pride in the Giants being 2-2 at all, it'd just be hilarious if we have a chance to face the Pats in the SB this year, like an insane pattern.

Anyway, I still see them winning the division. They have been playing better and well, we don't have the most difficult schedule...

I think it's possible and it would be a crazy coincidence if we met the Pats in the SB...but I'm not about to punch that ticket.

Oh neither am I, this is more of a coincidence type thread lol.

We'll see, I have confidence in this team after those last two games. 49ers aren't a cake walk but they haven't looked good at all.

This.

It's natural to get excited, though... The Cowboys are legitimately in trouble with all their injuries, and by the time they get their QB back, their season might already be over.

The Eagles are a mess, too, and looks like their team could mutiny at any time.

We own the Redskins, and they are terrible.

Our team is playing great defense with a bunch of no names, and this offense is at least somewhat competent.

Then you look at the schedule and we have to like it... So yes, it's premature but it's ok to be optimistic given the circumstances.

We might win the division. But does anybody here even fathom that the current team and the level its playing at can beat the Packers at Lambeau for example? I think they are capable of beating every other NFC team on their day - how the fuck the Panthers are 4-0 no one knows. Falcons we almost DID beat them. Im not thinking SB but Im quite excited about the Giants this season as it seems like this team could peak at the right time for the playoffs. Get your regular shit routines out of the way early :-

1) Blown leads - check!

2) Eli's 25 INT game - Pending

3) Penalties and brain farts game - pending

We might win the division. But does anybody here even fathom that the current team and the level its playing at can beat the Packers at Lambeau for example?

I know, right?

Sometimes I look at Aaron Rodgers and say, "how the hell did we beat that guy, in his own house, in a year that he had only six INTs and was the league MVP?" What a crazy league.

It's natural to get excited, though... The Cowboys are legitimately in trouble with all their injuries, and by the time they get their QB back, their season might already be over.

The Eagles are a mess, too, and looks like their team could mutiny at any time.

We own the Redskins, and they are terrible.

Our team is playing great defense with a bunch of no names, and this offense is at least somewhat competent.

Then you look at the schedule and we have to like it... So yes, it's premature but it's ok to be optimistic given the circumstances.

Like I said, there are reasons for optimism, but it needs to be kept in check.

This is one man's take:

New York Giants

"As much as it kills me to say it as a Cowboys fan, the New York Giants are far and away the commanders of the NFC East. The reason? Eli Manning. He is the most consistent quarterback in the NFC East at the moment with Tony Romo injured, and has proven that he can carry this team back to NFC East supremacy. Not to mention, they have a very favorable schedule coming up that could send them to 7-2."

http://nflmocks.com/2015/10/06/nfl-power-rankings-the-rise-and-fall-of-week-four/10/

I remain cautiously optimistic, but I like reading stuff like this. However, I've been around too long to take anything for granted, especially when it comes to in-conference games. When it comes to playing the boys, the skins, or the eagles - it's basically an epic battle in which anything can happen regardless of records.