SportsWrath

Seph, Your Guy Was In Town, I Talked To Him, He Says To Let It Go

Mr. P

I talked to him, he said he won't be the giants coach. Give up the dream.

An upstate New York high school football team had quite the NFL guest list Friday when it broke a long-standing state record for the longest unbeaten streak.

Maine-Endwell defeated Johnson City 45-30 for its 56th consecutive victory. The four-time defending state champions surpassed the 54-0-1 run by Massena High that ended in 1957.

Johnson City's supporters at the game included Tennessee Titans defensive lineman Daquan Jones, a 2010 graduate of the school who went on to play at Penn State before turning pro.

But the Press & Sun-Bulletin reported Jones was outnumbered on the home sideline by an impressive array of former Pittsburgh Steelers that included Pro Football Hall of Famers Franco Harris and Jerome Bettis, Super Bowl-winning coach Bill Cowher and defensive lineman Chris Hoke, who spent his entire 11-year NFL career with Pittsburgh.

"Coach Cowher gave the best pre-game speech before the game," said Maine-Endwell senior running back John Cerra. "That's one moment I'll never forget."

It turns out the Steelers contingent wasn't there to watch the Spartans make state history, though it made for a nice bonus. Before the game, Maine-Endwell retired the No. 9 jersey worn by former baseball and football player Thomas Tull.

Tull is a film producer and chairman of the board and CEO of Legendary Pictures, which has connections to a number of Hollywood hits including 300, The Dark Knight trilogy and The Hangover. He took an ownership stake in the Steelers in 2009 and has donated generously to the Maine-Endwell school district.

http://www.foxsports.com/buzzer/story/pittsburgh-steelers-bill-cowher-franco-harris-watch-new-york-high-school-set-record-100415

You shut your whore mouth.

LMAO

If I was a betting man (and I'm not), I would bet the ranch that the front office has every intention in the world of replacing TC with McAdoo. The only thing that would stop that game plan is if some other team snatched him up for a head coaching job before TC hangs it up.

I think Joe Philbin will be history by the end of the day...if not, within a week or two and there are no good choices for a replacement head coach. Wouldn't surprise me if they interviewed McAdoo.

Regardless, I think there's a better chance of Jimmy Johnson returning to coaching than Cower.

No way the Mara's sign off on a guy as arrogant and self-serving as Saban. I don't think Saban will go back to the NFL, and not entirely by choice.

If Coughlin hypothetically retired after this year, I think the Giants would stay within, and either promote McAdoo or Spags. I don't have a preference. If they went outside the org, they might lose both McAdoo and Spags, and I don't think they want to do that.

I don't see it being McAdoo. I think it's going to be a whole new staff when Coughlin leaves. My guess is Nick Saban

I, too, don't get why McAdoo is being anointed the next HC. He's a rookie OC with 4 games under his belt and a glaring deficiency at clock management... not really bashing the guy as I think he has a lot grow into...

I, too, don't get why McAdoo is being anointed the next HC. He's a rookie OC with 4 games under his belt and a glaring deficiency at clock management... not really bashing the guy as I think he has a lot grow into...

McAdoo is a 2nd year OC with 20 games under his belt.

McAdoo is a 2nd year OC with 20 games under his belt.

I mixed it up... I meant to say he was anointed the next HC last year as a rookie OC... and here in his 2nd year, his clock management leaves a lot to be desired. Thanks for the correction though...

I think the NFL community believes that McAdoo is a young star in the making. He was the understudy of Mike McCarthy at New Orleans, then followed McCarthy to San Francisco, then on to the Packers. Now he is being mentored by Coughlin. The combination of the two coaches that have guided McAdoo through the NFL head coach process looks good on a resume and a lot of analysts believe he's being groomed for a HC position and the timing of TC's retirement gives the nod to McAdoo. And the discipline required by both coaches that he's worked under is an important aspect of running a team.

When it comes to head coaches, there are no guarantees...apart from maybe the best cheater in the game, Belichick. There isn't a Parcells or a Madden in the mix of available head coaches looking for the job.

He's done wonders with Eli- now he needs to get Odell to study the routes.

Oh, I think Eli will be having a few chats with Odell this week. Odell might be on the cover of Madden but it's Eli's locker room, make no mistake about that.

Eli is trying to throw back shoulder fades inside the 20, Odell is going for the end zone with single coverage. Not hard to read that. Eli was wrong and he tried chewing Beckham out.

Eli is trying to throw back shoulder fades inside the 20, Odell is going for the end zone with single coverage. Not hard to read that. Eli was wrong and he tried chewing Beckham out.

Unless of course it wasn't an option route, and it was actually just a route that Odell actually ran wrong.

Unless of course it wasn't an option route, and it was actually just a route that Odell actually ran wrong.

I don't see why Beckham wouldn't be given that level of responsibility in this offense, especially considering Odell is almost solely responsible for Eli's continued relevance. It was there, regardless.

The play ran better on the xbox

Yeah, the 50-50 back shoulder fade kills defenses every Sunday, too. :ermm:

It's almost as good as the 25-75 corner fade....25% of the time, it works every time....that teams love so much.

I have to upgrade my TV service or something. Gotta find out how much for the package that gets you in the meeting and film rooms and on the practice field during the week and in the huddle and on the sidelines during the game. I'm guessing it's extra for the telepathic feature.

I have to upgrade my TV service or something. Gotta find out how much for the package that gets you in the meeting and film rooms and on the practice field during the week and in the huddle and on the sidelines during the game. I'm guessing it's extra for the telepathic feature.

Who do you think they're talking to when they're in the huddle... :rimshot: