SportsWrath

Cruz back for Buffalo?

ppodlesny

Once Seph has completed his fellatio session with James Jones (who is not going to be on the Giants roster no matter how much we can yap about him or crib about the Giants WRs), maybe we can look ahead and see who is going to take the heat off ODB. Donnell is shit, Reubens knees are fucked, Cruz is raped. Maybe working out Welker and Nicks wasn't that bad an idea after all

Once Seph has completed his fellatio session with James Jones (who is not going to be on the Giants roster no matter how much we can yap about him or crib about the Giants WRs), maybe we can look ahead and see who is going to take the heat off ODB. Donnell is shit, Reubens knees are fucked, Cruz is raped. Maybe working out Welker and Nicks wasn't that bad an idea after all

icemancomeout.0.png

Translation: He wasn't fully healed.

That is exactly what it is. Also, in all likelihood, the knee injury is to blame for the calf injury on the opposite leg than the Giants want the fans to believe. Either from Cruz favoring the other leg or from a decreased ability to work his legs and get in playing shape.

We sure need the running game to get going in this Sunday. if we depend on passing it to OBJ all day, could be in for a long day.

The short passing game to Vereen and the TEs could be substituted for some of the lack of running game...but you're right. If there was ever a time to get the running game going, this would be the week. That'll be tough sledding though against the D line of Buffalo.

The short passing game to Vereen and the TEs could be substituted for some of the lack of running game...but you're right. If there was ever a time to get the running game going, this would be the week. That'll be tough sledding though against the D line of Buffalo.

This line isn't really a run-blocking line no matter how you slice it. Flowers and Richburg look pretty good in that department but everyone else is pretty sub-average.

Don't worry, I doubt this impacts his TV appearances or clothing line.

I posted this before his contract that Cruz is soft. I hate to say it but I doubt Cruz is the saviour the Giants are looking for. When was the last time he broke a big run?

Luckily it looks like Buffalo will be down both Shady and Sammy Watkins. McCoy always seems to be a Giant killer...a la Brian Westbrook

That will definitely help...but the buzz is all about the 240 lb, 4,45 40 rookie who's at 7+ ypc through 3 games. That guy, and Tyrod Taylor who is a dual threat QB.

I really think the be all and end all of this game is going to be our ability to pass rush AND contain Taylor. They'll have to pick their spots though. They've had to send safeties or linebackers on blitzes to get to the QB so far this season. If they send guys and they don't get home or a running lane opens up, not only does Taylor have the ability to take off, but then there's a hole left by the blitzer that adds to Taylor's yardage.

To win, I think the Giants defensively need to make the Bills one-dimensional. Take away the running game or take away the passing game...pick one and commit to stopping it. Offensively, I think that we're going to struggle to run the ball initially. We'll go with the dink and dunk, screens, draws, etc. to negate their pass rush. Fortunately, we have the players to accomplish that. I don't think that we can look to the big play too early in this game. Pick apart the secondary inside the 15 yard window. Take the 7 or 8 yard pass all day. If Eli throws the ball in this game 45 times, I think we can still be okay.

I would even consider putting in the 6th offensive lineman as a tackle eligible with an empty backfield, or putting a TE in the backfield with Eli...either way, experiment with whatever is necessary to keep Eli clean and comfortable. I'm confident Randle and OBJ can get open in 3 or 4 WR sets.

I think we need to take a chance and do what the Pats did with them. Attack the Bills secondary right at the outset itself and try and buildup a lead hopefully and try to force them to abandon their running game. Once that happens, Im sure Spags will be able to force Tyrod into mistakes. This is ofcourse a Utopian scenario because we will need Eli and ODB to be able to shred that secondary from the beginning and put them in a bit of a shell shock.

Heard the Giants are practicing with artificial stadium noise as well. I want to see a lot more no huddle stuff and keep the Buffalo defense on its toes. Actually - I don't trust the playcalling since we are so brilliantly oversmart in calling plays that we outsmart ourselves. Id rather we go no huddle and let Eli do his thing.