SportsWrath

Was I the only one holding my breath

ppodlesny

When Amukamara went of the game briefly. He has been playing well ... actually I think the entire secondary has been failry good given there is absolutely no pass rush whatsoever

I was holding my breath when Prince came out. If both Prince and DRC are out, we're going to be hurting. Looks like it was minimal though.

Wade has more than held his own and I was glad he made the team. That was one hell of a play when he stripped Jones at the goal line leading to a touchback. So far, he hasn't shown any real blowups for being out of position or missing his assignment. He seems hungry and really plays hard. I like that.

McBride has moments when he looks like he's more than a backup, but then has those moments where he looks lost. Hosley has played much better than I expected, but I don't trust him as far as I can throw him. Figure it's only a matter of time before he's suspended for some kind of failed drug test.

The secondary has become a strength of the team...it's not easy to cover guys when the qb has 8 seconds to throw before a de gets near him. And they give up a lot of pass yards because of it. But they seem to make plays. Even Merriweather on the goal line had a great jump on the ball on the td towards the end of the game...redskins running back made a great play there.

Speaking of that play...why in the fuck do they claim to review all scoring plays then not fucking do it? That kid was clearly down at the 1 yard line...he pushes off his shin to dive into the end zone. It should have been overturned because it was obvious, but at least on-air, the refs never even mentioned that the play would be under review and no time lapse between TD and extra point...it was immediate. Good for Coughlin trying to challenge that one...what else choice did he have if they weren't going to do it??

We also finally have linebackers who can cover, Kennard made a great play on the Unga int.

Given the first two games, I was holding my breath until the final gun!

But yes, the secondary must be doing an outstanding job and Spags must be dialing up confusing coverages because there is absolutely NO pass rush! NONE! It's like we're counting Mississippi's!

Yeah it seems like the QB can eat a 7 course meal back there before a d lineman gets near them and it seems like the blitzes didn't work either ... not sure what Spags has to do, but it's looking more and more like Spags' success had a lot to do with having Tuck, Osi and Strahan on that line

I wonder if the lack of pass rush is on purpose as teams figure that with Spags back, he'll rush every play. But Spags doesn't have the horses to play the same defense that won them the super bowl, and has adjusted to what he expects the other teams to do to avoid the pass rush.

Also, the Giants were just about the worst team in football for stopping the run last year (and the year before) and any team that made the run game a priority pretty much had a guaranteed win. TC is well aware of that and has built a defense meant to stop the run. A pass rush messes up the passing game, but tends to make the ground game excel. I think there's a lot to do with stopping the run as the reason behind so little pass rushing so far. Just my opinion.

I think Spags has been doing a tremendous job. The D has been far, far better than we have any right to expect given their talent level and all the missing players. The safeties are off the street, and there isn't a defensive lineman out there on 1st and 2nd down that can rush the passer. That's a recipe for giving up 30+ a game.

Don't knock the blitzes... its the only way this team can mount a pass rush. And you're not going to slow down an NFL offense if you give their QB as much time as they want to throw the ball. It may give up a quick score sometimes, but if they're going to score anyway, giving up the quick score is better than giving up long scoring drives.

I think Spags has been doing a tremendous job. The D has been far, far better than we have any right to expect given their talent level and all the missing players. The safeties are off the street, and there isn't a defensive lineman out there on 1st and 2nd down that can rush the passer. That's a recipe for giving up 30+ a game.

Don't knock the blitzes... its the only way this team can mount a pass rush. And you're not going to slow down an NFL offense if you give their QB as much time as they want to throw the ball. It may give up a quick score sometimes, but if they're going to score anyway, giving up the quick score is better than giving up long scoring drives.

Yeah I'm really happy with what Sapgs has got out of the group so far, especially in the secondary. That INT by Mook was pure situational game-planning.

The secondary has become a strength of the team...it's not easy to cover guys when the qb has 8 seconds to throw before a de gets near him. And they give up a lot of pass yards because of it. But they seem to make plays. Even Merriweather on the goal line had a great jump on the ball on the td towards the end of the game...redskins running back made a great play there.

Speaking of that play...why in the fuck do they claim to review all scoring plays then not fucking do it? That kid was clearly down at the 1 yard line...he pushes off his shin to dive into the end zone. It should have been overturned because it was obvious, but at least on-air, the refs never even mentioned that the play would be under review and no time lapse between TD and extra point...it was immediate. Good for Coughlin trying to challenge that one...what else choice did he have if they weren't going to do it??

We also finally have linebackers who can cover, Kennard made a great play on the Unga int.

I am not sold on our secondary there was a lot of wide open Redskin receivers last night. And Collins got lucky on that pass to Reed for TD if that ball had not been under thrown that was 6 right there.We also got lucky on that ball that was punched out at the goal line that resulted into a touch back.If those two opportunities where executed by the Redskins we would be 0-3 RIGHT NOW.

I must be the only one who thinks Collins could have recovered wherever that was thrown. He wasn't as out of position as Simms exaggerated. My complaint is that it should have been picked off by him.

I agree on the fact that he had an opportunity for an INT. WHAT I was more or less saying had it not been cousins we were facing on that particular play the ball would of been thrown to the back pylon resulting in a TD as opposed to the front pylon only head high.

Agree with all of this. Anyone at all think Fewell would be getting the same or better results so far?

i was still holding my breath when we were 3 scores up and only 3 mins to go ........i was sure that we would somehow find a way to screw it up and lose from an unassailable position

( those onside kicks were horrible to watch )

It's always like that for me, they love to mess around, and mess around and just keep giving the other team so many chances to come back.

I agree on the fact that he had an opportunity for an INT. WHAT I was more or less saying had it not been cousins we were facing on that particular play the ball would of been thrown to the back pylon resulting in a TD as opposed to the front pylon only head high.

There's no way to defend that one-on-one. This seems like a pretty picky criticism Lug. Collins was exactly where he should have been.

There's no way to defend that one-on-one. This seems like a pretty picky criticism Lug. Collins was exactly where he should have been.

I didn't say he was in the wrong position. I was saying the ball was under thrown by cousins.