SportsWrath

Giants at U.S. Gaytriots

Sephiroth

I will say this: NBC has some pretty terrible looking new series coming out. Like, we're talking shit a 7 year old came up with that they green lighted for whatever reason...."durrr, what if we had this lady right....and she woke up naked in the middle of Times Square with a bunch of tattoos and shit on here....wait, wait guys....this chick....she's like, super good at martial arts but has amnesia so she doesn't know what's with the tattoos or fighting skills!" Fucking seriously?

I might consider going back to watch the rebirth of Heroes but I doubt it will be any good.

Don't have game out here.....how are they looking?

Nassib not as sharp as last week . its a field goal battle with 2's and 3's some 1's sprinkled in. Unga not flashing as he did last week either.

Ryan Nassib has completed 16 of 32 passes for 193 yards. ... Orleans Darkwa has 10 carries for 39 yards.

I will say this: NBC has some pretty terrible looking new series coming out. Like, we're talking shit a 7 year old came up with that they green lighted for whatever reason...."durrr, what if we had this lady right....and she woke up naked in the middle of Times Square with a bunch of tattoos and shit on here....wait, wait guys....this chick....she's like, super good at martial arts but has amnesia so she doesn't know what's with the tattoos or fighting skills!" Fucking seriously?

I might consider going back to watch the rebirth of Heroes but I doubt it will be any good.

Yeah what is that? It's like the Bourne Identity except with a chick with tattoos. What originality! At this point, hasn't the badass with amnesia angle been played out already? Come up with something else!

Well if the Giants were trying to showcase the skills of Nassib, nobody was impressed. Whitlock is going to be a tough player to waive, he put on a show tonight. Damontre Moore is still a part time player on a defense that needs a starter. I can't think of a good reason to keep Corey Washington over James Jones.

I really had high hopes for Adrien Robinson and after year two he finally started to dress for games, two more years have passed and once again has proven he cannot play at the NFL level at all. I'd rather carry Whitlock, yes two fullbacks than that bum of a third tight end.

Just watched it ( God i hate the preseason ! )

I thought that the D looked ok and had a more cohesive game ( albeit against their 2nd and 3rd team )

Collins looked good , i was impressed by Selvie and it was nice to see Stevie Brown get an Int.

If JPP hadnt fucked up ( and if Dumbmonster could stop having penalties ) we might have the makings of a reasonable D

Nassib looked fairly rubbish to be honest.

Regards UK

My two cents.

Quite a boring game if I may say so myself. It was played almost entirely by backups with the starters watching from the side lines. No one really stood out like they wanted a job. Whitlock is interesting. He has the heart of a football player, but his size scares the crap out of me. He's been playing fullback, but the Giants are using him at DT. But he's 5'10 and looks like a midget lined up against the offensive line. But the kid still makes plays. Just can't get over his size.

Landon Collins looked terrific. He was a friggin steal in the draft. He's everywhere and can drop back with the speed of a safety and wraps up his tackles. We are all gonna love this kid.

Selvie looked like a man on a mission, constantly outplaying his counterpart. Had two sacks before half time. He looks hungry to be a bad ass DE.

Geremy Davis made a few tough catches even though Nassib was not nearly as sharp as he's been in the past. If the ball was close to Davis, he pulled it in, even with defenders draped on his back.

Nassib seems to use Dwayne Harris as his "safety net". He seems to be in tune with Harris and vice versa. Nassib can thread the needle when he's targeting Harris. Although, he threw the ball on the ground behind Harris on one play when Harris was wide open. Other than that throw, he seems to do well with Harris. Not so much the other receivers.

Running game needs a lot of work. Not overly impressed with any of our RB's yet.

Damantre Moore needs to be taken to the woodshed and slapped around until he smartens up. He had 3 penalties (15 yds each) for late hits and unsportsmanlike conduct/unnecessary roughness. That is inexcusable. A full two seconds after a player is down and the whistle blown - here comes Moore to spear into a guy who is (and has been) down. Dumb.

Hosley actually looked pretty good tonight, but he would mix it up like two brilliant plays, one really bad play, 4 really good plays, then 1 bonehead play. All in all, he looked a lot better than I've ever seen him play and he looks like he's a hungry guy to make the team and finally produce.

[edit] forgot to add Kerry Wynn in the list of those who stood out. Wynn is definitely a keeper. High motor, causes disruptions, and plays the way one expects out of a DE.

My two cents.

Quite a boring game if I may say so myself. It was played almost entirely by backups with the starters watching from the side lines. No one really stood out like they wanted a job. Whitlock is interesting. He has the heart of a football player, but his size scares the crap out of me. He's been playing fullback, but the Giants are using him at DT. But he's 5'10 and looks like a midget lined up against the offensive line. But the kid still makes plays. Just can't get over his size.

Landon Collins looked terrific. He was a friggin steal in the draft. He's everywhere and can drop back with the speed of a safety and wraps up his tackles. We are all gonna love this kid.

Selvie looked like a man on a mission, constantly outplaying his counterpart. Had two sacks before half time. He looks hungry to be a bad ass DE.

Geremy Davis made a few tough catches even though Nassib was not nearly as sharp as he's been in the past. If the ball was close to Davis, he pulled it in, even with defenders draped on his back.

Nassib seems to use Dwayne Harris as his "safety net". He seems to be in tune with Harris and vice versa. Nassib can thread the needle when he's targeting Harris. Although, he threw the ball on the ground behind Harris on one play when Harris was wide open. Other than that throw, he seems to do well with Harris. Not so much the other receivers.

Running game needs a lot of work. Not overly impressed with any of our RB's yet.

Damantre Moore needs to be taken to the woodshed and slapped around until he smartens up. He had 3 penalties (15 yds each) for late hits and unsportsmanlike conduct/unnecessary roughness. That is inexcusable. A full two seconds after a player is down and the whistle blown - here comes Moore to spear into a guy who is (and has been) down. Dumb.

Hosley actually looked pretty good tonight, but he would mix it up like two brilliant plays, one really bad play, 4 really good plays, then 1 bonehead play. All in all, he looked a lot better than I've ever seen him play and he looks like he's a hungry guy to make the team and finally produce.

[edit] forgot to add Kerry Wynn in the list of those who stood out. Wynn is definitely a keeper. High motor, causes disruptions, and plays the way one expects out of a DE.

Whitlock, You forgot about Whitlock.

Whitlock, You forgot about Whitlock.

Actually, I discussed him in my first paragraph. No big deal. Anyway, I like his heart, but his small size makes me nervous. I do like his attitude and he was a monster on special teams last night. I was surprised that he kept getting into the backfield rushing the QB considering his size. At 5'10, that's pretty short for a lineman. On the other hand, 250 lbs at that short height means he is a fireplug and maybe it's hard for offensive linemen to contain him because of his short size.

I have an idea he'll make the team because he's so versatile and TC loves players with heart and a football mentality. And he can play FB, RB, DT, and DE as well as be a top tier ST player - a utility player supreme. And the way we rack up injuries, I can see the team taking him.

Actually, I discussed him in my first paragraph. No big deal. Anyway, I like his heart, but his small size makes me nervous. I do like his attitude and he was a monster on special teams last night. I was surprised that he kept getting into the backfield rushing the QB considering his size. At 5'10, that's pretty short for a lineman. On the other hand, 250 lbs at that short height means he is a fireplug and maybe it's hard for offensive linemen to contain him because of his short size.

I have an idea he'll make the team because he's so versatile and TC loves players with heart and a football mentality. And he can play FB, RB, DT, and DE as well as be a top tier ST player - a utility player supreme. And the way we rack up injuries, I can see the team taking him.

There that's better ......