SportsWrath

DeflateGate findings

BlueInCanada

So Goodell's going to hear the appeal. That sounds fair. :ermm:

I still can't understand why balls that may have been deflated a bit deserves a multi-million dollar investigation. Seems totally bizarre. Also, very minor in comparison to Atlanta pumping in fake crowd noise (and I think that was done for several years).

If the league thinks air pressure is so important why in the world do they have such a lax process to monitor it? And why didn't they make a big deal about it when the Colts told them they thought the Patriots were deflating balls? Clearly they didn't think it was that big a deal before and didn't even document the air pressure of the balls before the game started. All of a sudden after the game it's one of the biggest scandals in football history and deserves a multi-million dollar investigation.

Goodell is a all over the fucking map.

So Goodell's going to hear the appeal. That sounds fair. :ermm:

I still can't understand why balls that may have been deflated a bit deserves a multi-million dollar investigation. Seems totally bizarre. Also, very minor in comparison to Atlanta pumping in fake crowd noise (and I think that was done for several years).

If the league thinks air pressure is so important why in the world do they have such a lax process to monitor it? And why didn't they make a big deal about it when the Colts told them they thought the Patriots were deflating balls? Clearly they didn't think it was that big a deal before and didn't even document the air pressure of the balls before the game started. All of a sudden after the game it's one of the biggest scandals in football history and deserves a multi-million dollar investigation.

Goodell is a all over the fucking map.

Integrity of the game is in jeopardy.

The NFL didn't have this problem until a couple of QB's lobbied their teams that lobbied the NFL to allow them to use their own footballs a few years ago...http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2015/01/26/tom-brady-deflategate-peyton-manning-rule-change-nfl/22372835/

Integrity of the game is in jeopardy.

The NFL didn't have this problem until a couple of QB's lobbied their teams that lobbied the NFL to allow them to use their own footballs a few years ago...http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2015/01/26/tom-brady-deflategate-peyton-manning-rule-change-nfl/22372835/

The integrity of the game is not in jeopardy. That's a melodramatic argument. Falcons pumped crowd noise into their stadium for years, Jerry Rice admitted to putting stickum on his gloves when it wasn't allowed and said everyone did it, it's no secret that teams routinely converse with prospective players and coaches before they are allowed to do so, head sets go out on visiting teams etc. etc.. It's not like balls "Maybe" being underflated is some huge issue

If they thought under inflated balls or over inflated balls was such a gigantic concern they wouldn't be so lax about checking. Classic case of making a mountain out of a mole hill. And I'm not even a Patriots fan. Just seems to me like people want to make a bigger deal of it than it is since the Patriots are so good. Seriously does anyone think it would have come to this if it were the Buccaneers?

The integrity of the game is not in jeopardy. That's a melodramatic argument. Falcons pumped crowd noise into their stadium for years, Jerry Rice admitted to putting stickum on his gloves when it wasn't allowed and said everyone did it, it's no secret that teams routinely converse with prospective players and coaches before they are allowed to do so, head sets go out on visiting teams etc. etc.. It's not like balls "Maybe" being underflated is some huge issue

If they thought under inflated balls or over inflated balls was such a gigantic concern they wouldn't be so lax about checking. Classic case of making a mountain out of a mole hill. And I'm not even a Patriots fan. Just seems to me like people want to make a bigger deal of it than it is since the Patriots are so good. Seriously does anyone think it would have come to this if it were the Buccaneers?

Integrity of the game is very important, ask MLB. When the fans doubt the integrity of the game, they stop watching.

Falcons pumping noise into stadium resulted in a fine and considering their record, didn't help enough. Jets owner talking about bringing Revis back before the start of free agency resulted in a fine. Recording of opponents signals resulted in a fine. Paying players to specifically target and injure opponents resulted in a fine. The NFL takes this seriously and if it had became common knowledge that Jerry Rice was putting a foreign substance on his gloves, that would have also resulted in a fine.

Integrity of the game is very important, ask MLB. When the fans doubt the integrity of the game, they stop watching.

Falcons pumping noise into stadium resulted in a fine and considering their record, didn't help enough. Jets owner talking about bringing Revis back before the start of free agency resulted in a fine. Recording of opponents signals resulted in a fine. Paying players to specifically target and injure opponents resulted in a fine. The NFL takes this seriously and if it had became common knowledge that Jerry Rice was putting a foreign substance on his gloves, that would have also resulted in a fine.

exactly. They got fines. Atlanta actually lost a 5th round pick as well I believe. And many of those penalties were for things that had been warned about. I think pumping in crowd noise would be a much bigger advantage than "maybe" having a ball a bit under inflated.

In the Patriots case they weren't even able to definitively prove "anything" but they get fined a million dollars, lose a first and fifth round draft pick plus suspend Brady for 4 games. Totally disproportionate compared to how other teams have been penalized and in the case of the Patriots team the report actually cleared the coaches and owner so why the fine and lost draft picks? Seems like the penalty should have just been for Brady (who they weren't able to definitively prove anything).

I think this just goes to show what a horrible commissioner Goodell is. Commissioner's get a ton of power and he's shown himself to be totally inconsistent