SportsWrath

It's La'el Collins turn to fall - girlfriend murdered last night

BleedinBlue

If I was him, I'd probably just sit out this year and re-enter the draft next year if he's not taken by the third round or so.

Really wouldn't see him selected any higher than 3rd round next year...and that's being kind. A year out of the minds of football teams, even if he plays in Canada or whatever, will limit any upward movement in draft status that he might as well just ride this one out.

He did apparently apply to remove himself from this draft in order to enter the supplemental draft, but that request was denied. So I guess it's possible too, depending upon when that request was submitted, that teams were unsure of the league's decision on that....and THAT is why he fell.

Question is, would La'el Collins have legal recourse against the guy who killed his ex-girlfriend? I think it's plain to see now that the first round is over, that his draft stock has plummeted. He was a clear cut first rounder. Given the rookie wage scale, a fair value of loss should be able to be estimated.

Again, it'd all take time to shake out after the investigation is over. But once the murder is solved, would Collins have legal recourse or is this one of those situations where he is just screwed? I mean, I don't think it'd be too difficult to prove that his loss of wages was due to the murder of an ex-girlfriend.

Screwed. I mean what legal action can you take against someone who's in jail the rest of his life anyway? And I don't think the loss is THAT much... sure he'll make less than what he could have his rookie contract but it's not like he'll be making minimum wage... he'd still be making some pretty good living... and quite honestly I think a FO worth their weight would take the situation into account and offer him a fair deal.. I know I would.

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 23s24 seconds ago

La’El Collins’ reps tell me if he’s not selected in rounds 2 or 3, he’ll not sign a contract with NFL team & resubmit his name for ’16 draft

You gotta think if he holds out a whole year, he won't end up drafted until later rounds anyway.

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 23s24 seconds ago

La’El Collins’ reps tell me if he’s not selected in rounds 2 or 3, he’ll not sign a contract with NFL team & resubmit his name for ’16 draft

You gotta think if he holds out a whole year, he won't end up drafted until later rounds anyway.

Yeah does he honestly think sitting out doing nothing for a while year is gonna help his cause?

Next year a whole new influx of talent as good if not better than him will be in the draft who havent been away from the game for a whole year.

What a fucking idiot.

If he gets drafted later than that...he'll huff and puff, throw some things, then sign his name on a contract and probably play out of his skull to get even with all the teams that passed on him.

On the other hand, he could get drafted and be sitting in prison for the next 20+ years. Don't think that doesn't run through the minds of the owners.

Yeah does he honestly think sitting out doing nothing for a while year is gonna help his cause?

Next year a whole new influx of talent as good if not better than him will be in the draft who havent been away from the game for a whole year.

What a fucking idiot.

He probably thinks he can go back to LSU....and he probably can...cause LSU plays in the SEC the second best professional football league in the world. .

C> Wgaon

He probably thinks he can go back to LSU....and he probably can...cause LSU plays in the SEC the second best professional football league in the world. .

C> Wgaon

You mean that championship game that looks like a bunch of highschoolers are playing it?

Guess you got to entertain the southern states somehow.

I'm just kidding though, I never could get into watching college football, it's usually a complete blowout or some penalty wins the game for the other team.

So basically the NFL without the talent heh