SportsWrath

Former Giant Hakeem Nicks To Sign With Titans

Mr. P

I think he is just banged up and instead of going all out he is protecting himself which would be fine if he was a faster player. Simply doesn't get the separation anymore. Couldn't question his work ethic, I'll choose my life and health over any job.

Well... I can understand choosing health of job... Nicks didn't do either.. he stuck around and went thru the motion of doing his job without really doing it... so fuck him.

Well... I can understand choosing health of job... Nicks didn't do either.. he stuck around and went thru the motion of doing his job without really doing it... so fuck him.

He carried the team through the playoffs in 2012.

Honestly if this is the case Nas why arnt you calling for the head of everyone else on the team who fucked the dog the entire year last season.

I know he wasn't targeted much last year in Indy , but he was " healthy " and played in all 16 games and only hauled in 38 catches for 405 yards from an elite QB like Luck. The GIants were right to get rid of him after his " lazy " season. He didn't command the money. Gone are the days of 2010/11 .He's never going to get 1000 +yards and heaps of TD's in an NFL season again. ( IMO ).

But good luck to him. i wont forget that Hail Mary he caught at Lambeau in the playoffs ! and many others that year.

No nas I'm responding to the "good thing we paid Cruz" comments in this thread. He's gotten worse EVERY SINGLE SEASON and THEN got hurt over a year after he signed the contract. Your timeline is incorrect. Nothing I've said has anything to do with nicks. Cruz hasn't been worth the money, and him being a favorite of yours doesn't change that.

As for nicks I've addresses this plenty, combed through the stats written novels on why his production went down trying to explain usage and it was barely responded to around here. Then months later the same dumb things get said again anyway so I'll jump out of the cycle this time and just read and laugh to myself instead. I ultimately I get nothing out of it anyway so I'll save my energy

The real crazy thing is, and a bit of a tragedy, but who would have thought 3 or 4 years ago that looking into the crystal ball of 2015, that our styarting wr's careers could be effectivly over. Of course both have the potential to bounce back in a major way this season, but it does not look great.

Thank God for OBJ, and hopefully we pick Cooper.

He carried the team through the playoffs in 2012.

Honestly if this is the case Nas why arnt you calling for the head of everyone else on the team who fucked the dog the entire year last season.

It's one thing you suck because you lack the talent and it's quite another to mail it in. Besides I rail against a lot in the organization even curse them call them names... Fuck yea I'm angry.

No nas I'm responding to the "good thing we paid Cruz" comments in this thread. He's gotten worse EVERY SINGLE SEASON and THEN got hurt over a year after he signed the contract. Your timeline is incorrect. Nothing I've said has anything to do with nicks. Cruz hasn't been worth the money, and him being a favorite of yours doesn't change that.

As for nicks I've addresses this plenty, combed through the stats written novels on why his production went down trying to explain usage and it was barely responded to around here. Then months later the same dumb things get said again anyway so I'll jump out of the cycle this time and just read and laugh to myself instead. I ultimately I get nothing out of it anyway so I'll save my energy

I can't separate the performance on Cruz from Nicks.... Both made each other lethal so when one mails it in I know who to direct my anger at. Cruz plays hard... No one can accuse him of being a slouch....

The real crazy thing is, and a bit of a tragedy, but who would have thought 3 or 4 years ago that looking into the crystal ball of 2015, that our styarting wr's careers could be effectivly over. Of course both have the potential to bounce back in a major way this season, but it does not look great.

Thank God for OBJ, and hopefully we pick Cooper.

I want OL n DL upgrades to take precedence over WR... We can't run and can't stop the run.

as I've said a million times, Cruz did not make nicks lethal. Nicks had almost an identical season the year before Cruz showed up. God I can't believe I'm getting sucked into repeating myself again. You'll just say it again in six months

I can't separate the performance on Cruz from Nicks.... Both made each other lethal so when one mails it in I know who to direct my anger at. Cruz plays hard... No one can accuse him of being a slouch....

Whens the last time you've seen Cruz come up big after signing his contract in 2012?

He's failed to live up to even a portion of that contract.

Randle has shown up more the past two seasons then the Salsa Dancer ever has.

Cruz needs a legit #1 across from him to do anything other than catch 3 yard out patterns, yet he's making money like he's OBJ.

The guy is playing for his health after making his money and I can't wait for the day the Giant's can use his cap space for the same production at 1/3 of the cost.

Whens the last time you've seen Cruz come up big after signing his contract in 2012?

He's failed to live up to even a portion of that contract.

Randle has shown up more the past two seasons then the Salsa Dancer ever has.

Cruz needs a legit #1 across from him to do anything other than catch 3 yard out patterns, yet he's making money like he's OBJ.

The guy is playing for his health after making his money and I can't wait for the day the Giant's can use his cap space for the same production at 1/3 of the cost.

What are you expectations for Cruz to live up to his contract? He was the only weapon on the offense in 2013 and there is no one man show in football. Only thing Randle has shown is his ability to deflect catches into interceptions.

What are you expectations for Cruz to live up to his contract? He was the only weapon on the offense in 2013 and there is no one man show in football. Only thing Randle has shown is his ability to deflect catches into interceptions.

In the last two seasons he's had 5 TDs, three of those TDs coming in week one of the 2013 season.

He can't make plays happen unless he has a legit threat on the outside.

He's an overpaid/hyped slot WR who had a hell of a break out season but doesnt show up when it matters (like a majority of the team). The Giant's could of shipped him out the door or let him walk and their record over the last two seasons would of remained the exact same, Cruz has zero impact on a game.

With OBJ in the lineup Cruz has a chance to bounce back to earning a top 15 WR salary, but count of the FO drafting a WR in the first couple of rounds.

In the last two seasons he's had 5 TDs, three of those TDs coming in week one of the 2013 season.

He can't make plays happen unless he has a legit threat on the outside.

He's an overpaid/hyped slot WR who had a hell of a break out season but doesnt show up when it matters (like a majority of the team). The Giant's could of shipped him out the door or let him walk and their record over the last two seasons would of remained the exact same, Cruz has zero impact on a game.

With OBJ in the lineup Cruz has a chance to bounce back to earning a top 15 WR salary, but count of the FO drafting a WR in the first couple of rounds.

He has only played 1 1/2 of those seasons who you correctly identified as not a number 1 receiver and does rely on another legitimate threat and this was known about Victor Cruz from day one. Giants could have shipped any player on the roster in the last two seasons and the results would have been the same. When the majority of the team is playing horribly, safe to say that performance of Victor Cruz will also suffer.

Now Cruz arguably the best WR in football when given the ball in space, he makes something out of nothing which is valuable. Giants are definitely drafting another WR, Rueben Randle will be gone at the end of the season. Giants didn't pay Cruz to be a number one, they paid him to be the best number two and he is that.

He has only played 1 1/2 of those seasons who you correctly identified as not a number 1 receiver and does rely on another legitimate threat and this was known about Victor Cruz from day one. Giants could have shipped any player on the roster in the last two seasons and the results would have been the same. When the majority of the team is playing horribly, safe to say that performance of Victor Cruz will also suffer.

Now Cruz arguably the best WR in football when given the ball in space, he makes something out of nothing which is valuable. Giants are definitely drafting another WR, Rueben Randle will be gone at the end of the season. Giants didn't pay Cruz to be a number one, they paid him to be the best number two and he is that.

The Giants are paying #1 WR money to a guy who cant make anything happen unless he has a #1/#2 WR in front of him and is an injury risk.

Got cha.

The Giants are paying #1 WR money to a guy who cant make anything happen unless he has a #1/#2 WR in front of him and is an injury risk.

Got cha.

Is there a player or position in the NFL not considered an injury risk? The money going to Victor Cruz isn't a problem, it was the price to keep him and there wasn't a better option.

Here are the five guys immediately above Cruz as far as average salaries per year:

Greg Jennings

Jordy Nelson

Randall Cobb

Brandon Marshall

Jeremy Maclin

And here are the five guys immediately under:

Pierre Garcon

Antonio Brown

Torrey Smith

DeSean Jackson

Eric Decker

Cruz was a pretty good player when he signed that deal, and almost broke 1,000 yards in a year where the line was a total sieve (2013). He had his season cut short that year too when Eli threw up a prayer and he came down on his head... he was averaging 71 yards per game so it's likely he would have ended up somewhere between 1200-1300 on the season.

I'd say he's better than Jennings and Maclin of the guys he's making less than, and better than Garcon, Smith, and Decker of the guys he's making more than. Its a pretty fair salary for the Cruz we got when the deal was made. He's not a game breaker but he's made a hell of a lot of plays for this organization in the time he's been here. I don't think he's going to ever be the same player again but I'm glad we had him when we did.